Droid Turbo: Battery Life

mobrules

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Thanks, will try that. Also I want my phone to go into Airplane mode at night when screen is off and it's charging. I can't find Airplane mode as anything other than a "trigger". Any thoughts?

Sent Turbo-fast from my bulletproof 64GB Droid Turbo
Trying to see if theres anything and I dont see it. I did see a rules market area when I opened the app. Maybe look there. I just tried and dont see anything there either. Not sure on that one sorry.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I would consider setting it up to only run during non-business hours, making the guess thats what you use it for. Maybe from 2200-0600 hrs or something like that.
I havent played with the app too much yet but it seems there are several things that it seems to do. I was pretty spoiled with motorola smart actions app on my RMHD and really got used to the extreme battery life. I was pretty nervous to switch but It seems to be working out. Even though its only been a day. I was playing with the app on my nexus 10 in anticipation of the turbo. Motorola doesnt support the smart actions app and I hate change.
I use Hangouts for a large chat between friends. My battery easily lasts all day and will go passed 6 hours of screen time if needed so there's no reason to do that.

One thing about the Droid is we have a large battery. Most of us shouldn't fear what runs in the background. Do what you want and it should make it through the day. Don't limit yourself for no reason! Enjoy your phone, you don't need 75% battery left at bed time.

Sent from my Motorola Droid Turbo

russel5150

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
You need to really start checking the battery after about four or five days.. After its set up and most of the updates are done.

I don't expect 48 hours, I'm on it too much. But I'll have no problem getting a full days use.. Even a long day

Posted via the Android Central App

Zachtheowl

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site
11hr 22m from the first full overnight charge and battery is at 43%, with about 2hr 10min of screen-on time.

This seems less than I expected--at this rate it would not make 24 hrs on a full charge.

Firedogee

Banned
Sep 30, 2014
Visit site
I use Hangouts for a large chat between friends. My battery easily lasts all day and will go passed 6 hours of screen time if needed so there's no reason to do that.

One thing about the Droid is we have a large battery. Most of us shouldn't fear what runs in the background. Do what you want and it should make it through the day. Don't limit yourself for no reason! Enjoy your phone, you don't need 75% battery left at bed time.

I'm going into the Everglades for five days with no food and no clothes. All I can take is my Droid Turbo. I need it to last five days or I die. So bud out of this conversation with all your positivity!

;) jk

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I'm going into the Everglades for five days with no food and no clothes. All I can take is my Droid Turbo. I need it to last five days or I die. So bud out of this conversation with all your positivity!

;) jk

Did you ever put some clothes on your Turbo? ;)

Clocks

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
2.5 hours screen time, 2 hours of calls, at almost 12 hours off charger with 53% remaining.

I would consider this a fairly normal work day except I normally would have tethered for 2-3 hours as well.

27e57f199207a01f20a20f612a6b7813.jpg
e60b9bf5c1a011dc993c14eec1cf07d3.jpg
869d59c0627ce1bb921b09375ce3b920.jpg

Postoid

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
Great post mobrules.
Doing the overnight stand-by drain 'test' will certainly let you know about a rogue app or some program that's keeping your awake graph taking battery life from you. What looks to me like the first issue on battery life with this new turbo is that 1440p screen. I'd keep brightness on Auto.

ryanr509

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
Here's my battery so far. Auto brightness, sync on for gmail, Facebook,instagram and a few other apps. WiFi always on and location set to high accuracy.

Attachments

• 1414795493068.jpg
    1414795493068.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 80

Firedogee

Banned
Sep 30, 2014
Visit site
Here's my battery so far. Auto brightness, sync on for gmail, Facebook,instagram and a few other apps. WiFi always on and location set to high accuracy.

Wowsers that looks good with 4+hours of screen on time and 50% battery remaining. I'm getting similar results with mine!

rigg

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
Have barely used my phone today. It's only 4PM and I'm down to 35%. Have had wifi and Bluetooth off most of the day. WTF?

Attachments

• 1266.jpg
    1266.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 176
  • 1265.jpg
    1265.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 174

Busted51

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
Here is my stats so far.. all on LTE, auto brightness. This has been a very Minimal Usage day.. I haven't been on it much. Still decent I suppose.

and I'm not sure if this matters.. But I read on another site the guys name was "FoxKat" he is a battery nuclear physicist
or something. He recommends to use Phone until 15% turn off the phone, charge until 100%, turn on phone, disconnect.. Then do it again, goto 15%... turn off phone, plug in, charge to 100%

then use as normal and charge whenever.
Its not so much battery conditioning, but instead phone software conditioning. It calibrates so it knows when full and empty is.

Well anywho, That's what I did from the moment I pulled it out of the box. ran it to 15% yada yada yada.. Maybe it works.. Maybe not.. But I haven't had any issues so far.

3.jpg8.jpg

Last edited:

datagrrl

Sep 4, 2014
Visit site
I was going to complain about the battery, but from looking at the numbers I was just playing on it too much. I think the battery life is pretty good. I like using the phone too much. I haven't touched the iPad since Wednesday night. My husband said it is jealous.

Firedogee

Banned
Sep 30, 2014
Visit site
Have barely used my phone today. It's only 4PM and I'm down to 35%. Have had wifi and Bluetooth off most of the day. WTF?

That sucks man, I'm sorry. Something isn't right. Even if you had BT, GPS, and all the settings turned on plus tons of screen on time that still seems no bueno.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze