Droid Turbo: Battery Life

Firedogee

Banned
Sep 30, 2014
Visit site
Nope it shuts down the radio connection completely. Calls and texts still come thru but thats it. I also have another rule set up that when the screen wakes up it syncs gmail for me at that time. I do get emergency calls and texts at night sometimes and never had a problem. I just wouldnt want to get woken up by some automated email at 2am.

I sure do miss the smart actions from my droid RAZR M! Did all of this easy breesy!

You think they ever implement that level of customization into Moto Assist?

Sent Turbo-fast from my bulletproof 64GB Droid Turbo

mobrules

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
I sure do miss the smart actions from my droid RAZR M! Did all of this easy breesy!

You think they ever implement that level of customization into Moto Assist?

I came over from a Razer Maxx HD. It had the smart actions app that I loved alot. You are right it did alot of the battery saving for me and I really didnt have to think about it. I could only wish the would just bring that back. Im gonna send them an email tomorrow and ask but dont believe for a second they will do it.

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
I have never used tasker but to answer your question yes it comes right back on when the screen is activated. Speaking only from experience with the 4g shut off the radio is not always communicating with the tower. I dont see the reason for the battery to be drained while my phone isnt being used.
I posted some screen shots with my results earlier in this thread. I will post another one in the morning.

What is the Action that you have set with the Screen Off trigger?

rigg

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
So my battery did not last past 6:00PM today. 48 hours? More like 10. Based on other posts, there's obviously something I messed up. It is not a set up issue either, I was only on screen for slightly over 2 hours. Here are the only tweaks I've done: 1) Added Nova Launcher Pro, 2) Added 2K picture I found on internet to wallpaper, 3) Added and am running Android Wear with my 360. I do live at the beach and have bad cell reception, but I was in great cell phone range for half the day. I have not had this kind of experience with my Galaxy S5 or S4. Any suggestions aside from the normal turn off wifi, bluetooth, screen brightness (mine was set at Auto by the way), etc. Think I should reset the phone?

Firedogee

Banned
Sep 30, 2014
Visit site
So my battery did not last past 6:00PM today. 48 hours? More like 10. Based on other posts, there's obviously something I messed up. It is not a set up issue either, I was only on screen for slightly over 2 hours. Here are the only tweaks I've done: 1) Added Nova Launcher Pro, 2) Added 2K picture I found on internet to wallpaper, 3) Added and am running Android Wear with my 360. I do live at the beach and have bad cell reception, but I was in great cell phone range for half the day. I have not had this kind of experience with my Galaxy S5 or S4. Any suggestions aside from the normal turn off wifi, bluetooth, screen brightness (mine was set at Auto by the way), etc. Think I should reset the phone?

With that kind of drain it's gotta be the nova launcher or a misbehaving app. Try safe mode maybe?

Masheen

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
To put everybody's concerns at ease. I've been researching Qualcomm QuickCharge 2.0 to see if it is damaging to the phone or battery. On QC's website, they have done extensive testing (done by UL) and have built temperature monitoring software into their new chipsets that communicates with the charger and adjusts accordingly. I believe that when our phones do get hot due to Turbocharging, which is a Motorola re-brand for QuickCharge 2.0, it has been tested to not harm our phones or the battery within them. Technology advances at a rapid pace, and just like lithium ion capacity increased over the years, the temperature threshold must have as well. Just think, Motorola and Qualcomm would not publicly release a product that may potentially cause hardware damage, the lawsuits would ruin their company. I believe that this feature has been thoroughly tested and is fully baked. We shouldn't worry.

https://www.qualcomm.com/products/snapdragon/quick-charge

Zachtheowl

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site
Your reception/signal looks like it was bad or medium low all day. On work days my signal is like that and I get worse battery life but not that bad. Something is off?

I see what you mean about signal, I move inside and outside a lot throughout the day and at the end of the batt cycle when I got home the signal is even worse...but still, I am on 4glte most of day so it can't be that bad...

My poor battery performance is on par with grn4frk's posting above, and he had WiF and Bluetooth on all day which I did not.

Worth exchanging my turbo for one with perhapsna more fit battery? I have to exchange the case today anyhow because the otter box commuter prevents the cord from seating in phone completely.

Zto

PS thanks for all the advice!

camachinist

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site
Fortuitous that my battery test coincided with a substation outage this morning for about 3 hours. The phone had been on about 12 hours when the outage occurred and became my primary information source on weather (pouring rain here right now) and the outage, so 4G got heavy use after the UPS on my DSL router ran out. It started the event at 65% and ended at a low of 56%, whereupon I tethered it to my laptop to test that functionality (laptop was running on its battery) and the event ended with the phone at 57%.

So far, I'm pretty impressed with the battery life. My phone came via FedEx and was 0% charge on arrival so I charged it to 100% before using. Took about two hours.

FWIW, no interference with the charging cable in the Otterbox Defender and the phone (64GB) fit it fine.

Zachtheowl

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site
FWIW, no interference with the charging cable in the Otterbox Defender and the phone (64GB) fit it fine.

Good to know--I may end up deciding between the lifeproof fre ($90) and the Otterbox Defender ($50.) I tried the lifeproof on the phone in store, and it fit the Ballistic Nylon version. It did make the phone noticeably taller, if not wider than the other available cases, likely due to the headspace required for their special waterproof dock for headphone jack up top. It also got very close to covering the physical buttons at the bottom of the screen with its plastic frame. :-/ So much so that it took an effort to press one of them and not accidentally open one of the four main apps along the bottom of the screen.

I still may get the lifeproof case, and just undock all of the apps from the app bar at the bottom of the homescreen so I don't accidentally open them all the time. Moto's nonspecific, non-IP certified "water resistant nano coating" is a little too vague to make me comfortable pulling it out in the rain, which I do a lot...

Last edited:

iamtron

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
I'm about 26 hours in from a full charge and down to 8%. That's with some pretty heavy use. I looked at what was using the battery and #4 on the list was cloud. I assume that's Verizon's cloud, which I don't use. I went into apps and disabled it.

Firedogee

Banned
Sep 30, 2014
Visit site
Now if only we can get root to properly greenify, we'll be all set!

Posted from my Droid Turbo via the AC App

Since I don't root, I'm excited to see how my already great battery life will be improved by Android 5.0. Maybe a 3 day phone at that point?

hal1

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
On now for a bit less than 11 hours, down top 66%, that's only comes to about 33 hours.

This inslcudes about a bout 2 hours of miscellaneous use of email, web browsing, playing with app settings, and about 10 hours of idle/non use time. I did have bluetooth on but no device connected. Should that make a big difference?

ryanr509

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
My first full battery drain from 100%- 15%. I'd normally probably start looking for a charger around %15 or so.

Attachments

• 1414853516129.jpg
    1414853516129.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 62

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2