Droid Turbo: Battery Life

Firedogee

Banned
Sep 30, 2014
Visit site
Same. My phone drops to 99 or 98 within minutes (or immediately) after unplugging. But then it goes back to normal and barely sips power. It might just be that the phone isn't really at 100 when you take it off the charger and once you take it off, it re-calibrates.

This is my hunch too ^^^^^

Sent Turbo-fast from my bulletproof 64GB Droid Turbo

jec11718

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
I think I've found the culprit.... This screen shot is with the 4g data turned completely off.... Wi-Fi on and cell radio on. 87% left... Now I'm gonna turn on 4g let's see what happens....

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• 1925.jpg
    1925.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 114

Firedogee

Banned
Sep 30, 2014
Visit site
I think I've found the culprit.... This screen shot is with the 4g data turned completely off.... Wi-Fi on and cell radio on. 87% left...

That makes sense, trying to hug a very bad 4G signal is the death knell of any phone. The Turbo does bear hugs!

jec11718

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
That makes sense, trying to hug a very bad 4G signal is the death knell of any phone. The Turbo does bear hugs!

Up until this point.... Both icons are in the bar at the top... My DNA would only show the one at time... Even if both were on... Will the turbo show both even tho its only using one, ie I have both on, both show but one is grayed and one is white..???? With 4g off it doesn't show but with it on, it's gray and WiFi is wht.

jec11718

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
See how its there but gray?? Now let's watch the battery fall like a stone in a deep well!!!!

Attachments

• 1926.jpg
    1926.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 111

Firedogee

Banned
Sep 30, 2014
Visit site
See how its there but gray?? Now let's watch the battery fall like a stone in a deep well!!!!

I'm not sure. I'm thinking that this phone is prepped for VOLTE so maybe it is holding 4g even when Mobile data is turned off. Anybody else with more knowledge wanna chime in?

PS. Jec11718, mind showing us your screen shot later today with mobile data off?

MA2GA28

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
So far, so good for battery life on my Turbo.

I'm currently in my first run off full charge, and I'm at 30% after 27 hours off the charger. I won't post the screen shot, as I ran the system update yesterday evening, and of course the phone had to reboot. However, the usage has been relatively heavy since I've been testing the phone during this time. Some videos, a number of pictures, watching You Tube videos, the downloaded update, streamed music for about 8 hours, lots of FB and Instagram, made a 30 minute phone call (I know, right?), texting the wife, downloading some apps, creating ring tones, downloading some songs, internet browsing, app settings, etc. Also have left GPS on the entire time as well.

Granted, 85% of the time I have been on Wifi, but still a good showing early on that should get better as the battery is worked in. Seems to be in-line or slightly lagging from my old Droid Razr Maxx, but that's expected due to the higher performance and better screen. I'll be sure to post a screen shot of the next charge round.

jec11718

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
I'm not sure. I'm thinking that this phone is prepped for VOLTE so maybe it is holding 4g even when Mobile data is turned off. Anybody else with more knowledge wanna chime in?

PS. Jec11718, mind showing us your screen shot later today with mobile data off?

I can do that but I turned it on to document the steep decline in battery. The last hour...almost 9% gone, and that's just some web browsing and posts on here, and took the screen shots. I'll post the one hour mark with both WiFi and 4g data on..... The first three hours of unplugged no WiFi or 4g. Then almost nine hours Wi-Fi only, then one hour of both..screen shot forth coming..

jec11718

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
This is one hour and one minute on both. 87% to 79%.... See my post 59 minutes ago gsam number is 87%....I'm not impressed with this battery.

Attachments

• 1927.jpg
    1927.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 109

beeare

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
Best battery day so far. This is closer to what I was getting on my Maxx. Been on 4G since 7:30am which represents all of my screen time. At least 15 emails, on Whatsapp for a good 25 min, and a few goggle now searches.

Attachments

• 1415119055802.jpg
    1415119055802.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 44
  • 1415119559070.jpg
    1415119559070.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 44

jec11718

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Not good for almost zero screen time. Give it a few more days and see if it evens out?

I can try, but exchange for different phone? Remember, my wife's 32gig model is not half as bad as this....

Robisan

Apr 29, 2012
Visit site
I can try, but exchange for different phone? Remember, my wife's 32gig model is not half as bad as this....

IMO you have a defective phone and you should exchange it. Your results are different from everybody else is here and from your wife's. Assuming you're otherwise happy with the phone, exchange it for new Turbo.

Firedogee

Banned
Sep 30, 2014
Visit site
IMO you have a defective phone and you should exchange it. Your results are different from everybody else is here and from your wife's. Assuming you're otherwise happy with the phone, exchange it for new Turbo.

When are you gonna exchange for a new Turbo? Lol

Robisan

Apr 29, 2012
Visit site
Well, my X is going back. We'll see about the Turbo. May wait until I can get L pre-loaded. May take that long to get my refund processed anyway...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
w8wca