Droid Turbo: Battery Life

ryanr509

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
Latest results. Battery just keeps getting better.

Attachments

• 1415392028234.jpg
    1415392028234.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 73
  • 1415392038408.jpg
    1415392038408.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 70
  • 1415392046978.jpg
    1415392046978.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 71
  • 1415392055687.jpg
    1415392055687.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 81

James Mallory

May 6, 2013
Visit site
how is everyone getting such great battery life? The most ive gotten is 18hrs with 5hrs of screen on time. Today im at 10hrs with 3 hrs of screen on time and 49% of battery life left. Brightness has been set to auto all day. I did use maps for about an hour earlier. I just disabled all of the active display features and whatnot about two hours ago to see how it fares, But im on 5.1% drainage per hour. any advice? I've also drained the battery twice, once when i first got it and another the night after. I have all background task limited to 4, and sync is turned off. Im on wifi most all dayunnamed (1).pngunnamed.pngscreen.png

cyberr8der

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
Maps is pretty heavy on the battery if I remember correctly. I would guess some of the screen shots you're seeing don't have that much gps time.

jec11718

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
jec11718, what did you change? I've been following this thread and saw your woes. Did you do anything different? Can you let me know what your settings are to get the recent battery time? Thanks!

I cycled data and Wi-Fi each for a couple hours then went back to both on. That seemed to make difference and let the phone use each separately. To me it was like both were running at the same time. I'm still scratching my head some but so far it's been better.

Nothing on but WiFi and data. Moto stuff still unchanged. No location stuff on. 50% screen bright

Posted via the Android Central App

Postoid

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
Nicholasdejohn:
Looks like something in the Android OS from the looks of your 20hr screenshot. If you have a lot of 3rd party apps, one or more of them might be keeping your phone awake when you don't use it causing battery drain. Maybe try and turn OFF Location, Settings>Location> reboot and see if that doesn't improve battery.

Rogus

May 1, 2012
Visit site
Least amount of time I've reached from 3 full charges is 32 hours which included an hour of Maps. Most received is 42. I have everything turned on and leave it on all the time.

beeare

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
I also had a problem with idle battery drain the first few days of owning my Droid Turbo. I disabled the features that use the front IR sensors and front facing camera (Settings >>Display >> Attentive Display) and (Settings >> Moto >> Actions). Turned all that nonsense off, and my idle drain time went down. It's now another same level as my Droid Maxx in terms of idle battery drain.

But you're still using the moto display notifications correct? You just turned off the sensor that makes them light up when your hand hovers above the screen? I love that feature, but if it's compromising the battery, I'll have to reconsider.

nconfer13

Nov 3, 2014
Visit site
Here is my latest battery stats. I used it as I pleased without worrying about the battery. If say its decent:

Attachments

• 11331.jpg
    11331.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 139

beeare

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
I turned off my location settings last night to see how the battery would be affected. I also stumbled upon a video on another thread within these forums where this guy turns off practically every moto feature (particularly those involving the sensors on the front of the phone), and even messes with the Developer settings- changing the background process limit from standard to 4 (not sure how this could have a negative impact, but if anybody has an idea, please let me know). The video claimed that the sensors that awaken the active display and are also responsible for the waving your hand feature to end an incoming call, plus the attentive display are all battery killers. Now he went crazy and basically disabled everything. I didn't see the video until my phone was at 30%, and I already got the best battery today so far with the location settings off with 4 hours SOT with 30% remaining all on 4G (over 17 hours). But I got another 2.5 hours with that 30% after tweaking the moto settings, specifically disabling the front of phone sensors. Oh, and I also disabled command center because the guy in the video claimed it's really bad on the battery with the Turbo, something I heard with the Maxx and eventually disabled there as well. So not sure if it's just the location settings being turned off or if tweaking the settings and disabling the Command Center Widget during my last 30% helped, but until today I've barely broken 4 hours screen time, and today I got 6hrs 30 min over a 22 plus hour period. That's as good as I ever got with my Maxx. We'll see if the idle drain improves overnight. If it does, then I'll be very confident it's related to those sensors and the command center widget. I had my location settings off before I went to bed last night, and that didn't help with the idle drain at all.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
My battery life for the day. I had to do a lot today as you can see and the phone held up well.

Sent from my Motorola Droid Turbo

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1415434217220.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1415434217220.jpg
    185.6 KB · Views: 63
  • uploadfromtaptalk1415434225244.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1415434225244.jpg
    194.7 KB · Views: 63

Rogus

May 1, 2012
Visit site
how many cycles have you done? do you let it discharge completely every time?

I have done 3 full charges which I consider from less than 10% battery to full. Well, 4 after last night. Since, I'm testing the phone battery to see how long it lasts, I ran it to less than 10% and as low as 2%. Normally, I just charge my phone over night no matter what the battery level and will start doing that soon with the DT.

James Mallory

May 6, 2013
Visit site
I have done 3 full charges which I consider from less than 10% battery to full. Well, 4 after last night. Since, I'm testing the phone battery to see how long it lasts, I ran it to less than 10% and as low as 2%. Normally, I just charge my phone over night no matter what the battery level and will start doing that soon with the DT.

ill see how it fares today after ive tweaked some of the settings and did a full cycle

nicholasdejohn

May 8, 2011
Visit site
OK. So, I have disabled most if not all of the Moto active display features and the location services and here are my stats as a result of it. I'm not a fan of having the location services turned off considering a couple of apps I use on a regular basis require my location. I'm gonna try turning location services back on and see how I go for the day.

Attachments

• 2808.jpg
    2808.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 121
  • 2810.jpg
    2810.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 120
  • 2811.jpg
    2811.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 119

Postoid

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
OK. So, I have disabled most if not all of the Moto active display features and the location services and here are my stats as a result of it. I'm not a fan of having the location services turned off considering a couple of apps I use on a regular basis require my location. I'm gonna try turning location services back on and see how I go for the day.

Nice..1.7%h idle drain over 1h19m is not bad. My Moto X seems to do better with Location OFF but I have had it ON just to see what it would do.
Good to try different things and see the results. With Location ON, I would get about the same idle drain as your 1.7%hr. Also after say 3 or more battery cycles (I try and recharge my X around 15% and have always charged OFF) you should have a fairly well defined hrs/days? cycle. My average since July has been 3 days 15hrs with touchless controls ON, screen on time 2hrs as I'm a light/med user.

Rogus

May 1, 2012
Visit site
I can understand turning off features if you don't like them, but having to do that to save on battery kind of defeats the purpose of having a phone with them in the first place.

ckelly33

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
My awake time is 12x my screen time. I am attaching a screenshot but I just reset my phone trying to eliminate whatever is keeping it awake. Before I reset it, awake time was 2x screen time over a period if almost 12 hours.

Is this normal? If not, how do I track it down?
2cf9ea7eb11195eb970312a2788d9fd2.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol