Droid Turbo: Battery Life

robertopod1968

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
I think I'm just a battery drain. Every phone I've had has always had battery problems. Bought the Turbo a week ago. Today was a heavy use day. Sick kid playing games, Facebook, pictures and maybe an email or two and a few chrome searches Unplugged the phone at 8am, now it is 10pm I'm at 24% battery left! Checked the battery usage and it says the screen used 65% of the battery. But still....its only been 13 hours...better than my last phone that only lasted 4 without using it but still.....what happened to my 48 hours of battery?

That's awesome battery life. Lasted you all day with kid game time and still could have went another 3-4 + hours depending on usage! Its 48 hours of normal usage which pretty much means not using it at all. But if it lasts 16 or so hours of heavy usage then who cares. Plug it in and sleep!

Rogus

May 1, 2012
Visit site
Just an update after 15 days of having the DT. Average Per Complete Charge is 37 hours. I've been doing a full charge every other night usually starting from 5-10% battery left. I have no complaints about battery life.

jsieplinga

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
So does anyone else see a negative value for their mA? See the screenshot below with over an hour of screen on time. A never ending battery? I'll take it!

Edit: Oops, didn't realize the volume was covering the top part. It read -479 mA

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• 1804.jpg
    1804.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 145

camachinist

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site
I've gone beyond the specs stuff and now just throw the phone on the charger when it gets down into the 20's, which is generally every third day in normal use. That's acceptable to me and pretty similar to my prior, non-smart, phone.

MA2GA28

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
So does anyone else see a negative value for their mA? See the screenshot below with over an hour of screen on time. A never ending battery? I'll take it!

Edit: Oops, didn't realize the volume was covering the top part. It read -479 mA

Looks like you have the battery drain bug. Been reported on here a few times, where the phone doesn't register spent battery. May have to clear the cache partition to reset it, though some have said just turning the phone off and on a couple times also works.

eprindes

Nov 6, 2014
Visit site
I bought Tasker years ago and found it crazy complicated - and just gave up. I'm actually pretty happy with battery life but more is good, right? Can Tasker be set up to data-connect regularly (like every 1-2 hours) to pick up email rather than only on screen on? I don't want to limit my Turbo's functionality TOO much

Yes, I have mine set up to cut on auto sync every hour for 3 minutes to let everything sync and then cut off.

1901Madison

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
Couldn't be happier with the Turbo battery. Today, 16 hours off the charger with over 5 hours screen time. Still 50% left. Math says I should be able to get 10+ hours screen time with 32 hours off the charger.

Attachments

• 11641.jpg
    11641.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 129
  • 11639.jpg
    11639.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 129
  • 11640.jpg
    11640.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 129
Last edited:

Karl Turbo

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
The 1st day I got my Turbo I got 30 hours out of it and wondered what the fuss was about.

Today as an experiment to max out battery life, I turned off GPS and set screen timeout to 15 seconds.

Screenshot_2014-11-15-23-30-08.jpg

At least my screen usage was minimized.

I'm stumped - I was busy working all day and certainly didn't look at any email. I did experiment with Moto Connect, maybe that's a battery guzzler? Also did more speech-to-text than normal, another possible battery guzzler?

donebrasko

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
Anyone else having problems with amazon kindle app? Mine is draining my battery but I never used it. I don't want to disable it because I may use it in the future. Has this happened to anyone else?

bizzyqu

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
The 1st day I got my Turbo I got 30 hours out of it and wondered what the fuss was about.

Today as an experiment to max out battery life, I turned off GPS and set screen timeout to 15 seconds.

View attachment 148362

At least my screen usage was minimized.

I'm stumped - I was busy working all day and certainly didn't look at any email. I did experiment with Moto Connect, maybe that's a battery guzzler? Also did more speech-to-text than normal, another possible battery guzzler?

were you in an area with no service?

cyberr8der

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
Anyone else having problems with amazon kindle app? Mine is draining my battery but I never used it. I don't want to disable it because I may use it in the future. Has this happened to anyone else?

Was one of the 1st things I disabled. Is there an option to sync? Maybe set it to manual of so.

Littlejoe919

Nov 2, 2014
Visit site

There's no reason not to disable it. Just turn it back on when you want to use it.

hal1

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site

Looking at the screen shots on this thread shows that all (not some or most) show a negative mA.

ryuuzaki#AC

May 27, 2011
Visit site
unnamed.jpgunnamed (1).jpg so heres my battery life it drains rather quckly for me unless im on wifi which gives me a ton of hours but if im out and about its dead in a few hours i dont know why but ive disabled everything ive seen in this post maybe but i dont get it but yeah heres my times

ryuuzaki#AC

May 27, 2011
Visit site
i only have the display on since thats the only thing i do like from it and as for awake time today is alot better cause im home on wifi and had it charge around 7-8 fully cause it was at 10% so havent charged it since so this is for todayunnamed (2).jpg

jsieplinga

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
I really want to love this phone, but I an showing very high Android system and Kernel battery usage. My last phone (Maxx) had this as well. Could it be an installed app causing the high OS usage?

Attachments

• 3743.jpg
    3743.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 98

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech