Droid Turbo: Battery Life

HES

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
Did you have to go through the process of the charging to full and letting sit, doing a phone wipe, etc and still had a problem even after all that? Mine seems to be running ok since I did the stuff yesterday (thankfully not a wipe). We'll see if it stays steady. I let it sit overnight last night and instead of losing 60% it only lost 4%. I guess that's an improvement. :)

I tried all of that prior to getting on the call. I tracked the battery for a couple of weeks. That way when I got on the call with Verizon I didn't have to screw around. I had a new phone shipped to me within an hour of getting on the phone.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
There's no way the phone can keep this up. I'm just waiting for the rapid drop in battery, lol.

Sent from my Motorola Droid Turbo

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1418428387907.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1418428387907.jpg
    171.2 KB · Views: 38

beeare

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
Anybody know what this wake lock is? Started hitting me today, the 2nd day after the update. The first day was phenomenal, but today, not nearly as good.

Attachments

• 1418429372113.jpg
    1418429372113.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 38

mobrules

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Anybody know what this wake lock is? Started hitting me today, the 2nd day after the update. The first day was phenomenal, but today, not nearly as good.

Beeare, I haven't seen that one yet. On the screen is a button that says google me. Does anything show there? When you press the button I mean. Sorry if that wasn't clear. Also what are your settings? Is it all 4g or WiFi and is VoLTE activated?

Last edited:

hannsoft

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
Soooooo..... This is interesting. Got the VOLTE update last night. No big deal on that but I wonder if they added some other things with it. I have Tasker set up to shut down 4g and background data from a 2200-0600. I usually lose about .5 to 1.0% battery per hour of those hours(at night). Charged up before bed last night, unplugged and watched about 10 minutes of HBO GO, then asleep. Got up today and battery is at 97% and lost average of. 03% overnight. That was at over 9 hrs up time. That's freaking awesome. Maybe it's an a fluke but I also wiped the cache after the update last night. I won't be able to really test it until this weekend. Anyone else noticing something like this?
Have you played with the camera since your OTA? :-D

Sent from my Droid Turbo using Tapatalk

mobrules

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Have you played with the camera since your OTA? :-D

Yes. It seems faster, the shutter I mean. Very pleased. I am really shocked at all the stuff this update improved. I'm not the first to say this but I thought my phone was broken because it stayed at 100% for so long.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Yes. It seems faster, the shutter I mean. Very pleased. I am really shocked at all the stuff this update improved. I'm not the first to say this but I thought my phone was broken because it stayed at 100% for so long.
I was surfing the web + SiriusXM over Bluetooth and it stayed at 100% for several minutes. I was like what the...

hannsoft

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
The camera improvement is phenomenal. I don't see a change in battery yet.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
The camera improvement is phenomenal. I don't see a change in battery yet.

I'm seeing a huge difference. Assuming the percentages stay consistent my phone has about 14% more battery left than it usually does by this point of my heavy usage stress test.

hannsoft

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
I'm seeing a huge difference. Assuming the percentages stay consistent my phone has about 14% more battery left than it usually does by this point of my heavy usage stress test.

Can't wait to say I can see the same thing!

hannsoft

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
My stats so far.

That actually is on par with what I can get, although you have a lot more screen-on time.

Last night I got down to 15%. At that point I decided to do the conditioning trick I've read about here, so I powered off and plugged into a charger OTHER than the Turbo charger and let it charge to 100% while off.

This morning I powered up and have been pretty much using the phone non-stop. Here's where I stand right this second:

490bf390aebc99288c029bb081397603.jpg

I'm going to send this message, attach the phone to the Turbo charger to "top-off" to 100% and then go out and about my day. I'll repost tonight and share the day's numbers. Would love to get anybody's input who cares to chime in.

bfranker

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone have a good app for automating things like wifi on/off? I'd like to be able to find an app that logs my location when I successfully connect to a wifi signal, prompt me to add that location as a stored location, and then auto-start my wifi when I am in those locations and auto-off when I'm out of those locations.

I'll 2nd what a previous guy said about MacroDroid. It has a lot of features and is super easy to use and the developer is actively adding new stuff. Since I connect to BlueTooth when I'm home (to home phones) and in cars (to BlueTooth radios) that is a very simple trigger for turning WiFi on and off whether I'm home or driving. With its ability to do variables, it is a powerful program without the steeper learning curve of something like Tasker.

beeare

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
Beeare, I haven't seen that one yet. On the screen is a button that says google me. Does anything show there? When you press the button I mean. Sorry if that wasn't clear. Also what are your settings? Is it all 4g or WiFi and is VoLTE activated?

This doesn't seem to be happening again today. Rebooting seems to have helped. I'm on Volte, about 50% wifi and 50% data 4g LTE. When I Google that particular wake lock, nothing of value comes up.

mobrules

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Am I reading that right that you're only getting 12h out of a battery charge?

Not speaking for Eclipse2k here, but yes you are reading that right. Basically 6 hrs up time and 3 hrs screen time. More power user than conserve. Also almost 1 hour talk time. I guess depending what the screen time is used for, maybe video or gaming?

Eclipse2k, can you post the screen showing app use? And is this with HD/VoLTE enabled?