Droid Turbo: Battery Life

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Not speaking for Eclipse2k here, but yes you are reading that right. Basically 6 hrs up time and 3 hrs screen time. More power user than conserve. Also almost 1 hour talk time. I guess depending what the screen time is used for, maybe video or gaming?

Eclipse2k, can you post the screen showing app use? And is this with HD/VoLTE enabled?
I'll do that either today or tomorrow.

For the record, I use my phone a lot. I have a PC but tend to just use my Turbo for web surfing unless a computer is needed. I do watch a few videos on YouTube which can lead to a quicker drain.

Also, those statistics and any I post from now on are/will be on VoLTE.
Sent from my Motorola Droid Turbo

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Am I reading that right that you're only getting 12h out of a battery charge?
Yes, but as said above I'm using my phone very heavily. I'm on Auto brightness and most of my screen on time is using Chrome, Hangouts and Tapatalk. I am on Wi-Fi with VoLTE activated and automatic screen brightness. I have Location set to Battery Saver but I do allow Google to use my location. I disabled bloatware such as Amazon Suites and also Command Center since its useless to me although I'm not sure if that helps much. I do have the sensors active so I can flick my wrist for the camera, wake device with my hand wave, etc. I did not enable Google Now/Okay Turbo voice commands since I never use them. Google services is on auto sync and Verizon Cloud is set to sync at night.

I'm in no way limiting my phone. Just made sure to disable anything I will never use.

Masheen

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
Help understand how one turns that on? Under "advanced calling" there is only one option, and it's greyed out...

Sent from my Droid Turbo using Tapatalk

You have to log on to MyVerizon and add it to you account via the "change features" tab. Then you will be able to turn it on through your phone.

mobrules

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Help understand how one turns that on? Under "advanced calling" there is only one option, and it's greyed out...

You have to log on to MyVerizon and add it to you account via the "change features" tab. Then you will be able to turn it on through your phone.

You can also get to the feature choice by going through the my Verizon data widget. Open that and at the bottom is a main menu choice. Then once that opens scroll to the bottom for the features. I mainly use the widget so I follow up with family members data use. Plus if for some reason If I don't have laptop available its pretty easy to get there through the widget.

ffactoryxx

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
After the volte update I feel my battery has been worse. Thoughts?

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• 1548.jpg
    1548.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 58

cyberr8der

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
I'm feeling like my battery has a been doing better than average since the update. These are my numbers right now and I was in a bad coverage area for a portion of the day.
179008cf15bea46dcefb7a925d898940.jpg

a89ed9a61759563f79b7bfa65f86c625.jpg

ffactoryxx

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
I just cleared it after taking those photos. Jack Burton says we shall see.

Last edited:

beeare

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
I just cleared it after taking those photos. Jack Burton says we shall see.

Mine seemed significantly better day 1 after the update. The last 2 days, it's seemed a little worse.

I've been chatting on whatsapp a lot- more than usual - but it seems like it's been using the battery up quicker than it did before the update.

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
This is one of the things that drives me so crazy about this phone. The battery life is just so darn inconsistent. I had my droid Maxx for a year and rarely went under in 50% an entire day. With this phone I have been using it in the same way in the same places and with the same apps and some days I stay above 50% and some days like today I am down in the 20s after just 10 hours from a full charge.

These are my results today. This is after the recent OTA update and a cache wipe. Yesterday I was at our other hospital location where I generally have a worse signal and I came home after 10 hours with around 60% battery left.

I never used to think twice about charging my Maxx extra during the day, but now I feel like I am a regular smartphone user with a mediocre battery and I have to worry about charging it all the time so it unexpectedly quickly die on me.

Ideas? Does that belong wakelock results have something to do with it.

9f635fc3b61f84f84b59505c0ce2eaa7.jpg

39296cdcae17b06aaa00bbdea25a3602.jpg

7eab33858d7e892380073d814a61688c.jpg

rxgadget

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
I have been having issues trying to clear my cache.. Following the Web directions and forum instructions.

Hold Volume Down + Power (on)
Choose Recovery and click Power
Hold Volume Up for 15 to 20 seconds....

What am I missing. I sometimes get to the Android on its side with no words on screen but can't pull up clear cache from there and it auto reboots if you wait took long.

Sent using my Verizon Turbo charged 64GB Ballistic Nylon phone unfortunately with a case on back

cyberr8der

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
After you see the little android guy, hold the volume up and tap the power key. That should bring you to a menu and clear cache is at the bottom.

hannsoft

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
Ah, thanks for that! Somehow that's all gotten by me this week.

Now let me ask this of those whose battery has improved since the update: has activating the feature with Verizon made the difference? Or have you had only just received the update and seen the difference?

hannsoft

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
Ok, there's a snag for me. It looks as if I would have to get rid of the new caller ID name feature in order to have HD calling. Naa. Rather have the caller ID I think.

Davidoo

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
Verizon is going to start charging you extra after the first 30 days for that caller name ID that they try to shove down everyone's throats.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Ok, there's a snag for me. It looks as if I would have to get rid of the new caller ID name feature in order to have HD calling. Naa. Rather have the caller ID I think.

Download Current Caller ID from the Play Store.