Droid Turbo: Battery Life

hannsoft

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
Verizon is going to start charging you extra after the first 30 days for that caller name ID that they try to shove down everyone's throats.
Yeah, I've been through the trial period and AM paying for it. I like it and wanna keep it - it's already saved me from answering a few calls I preferred to avoid. ;-)

Sent from my Droid Turbo using Tapatalk

quantum tao

Feb 11, 2014
Visit site
Ok, there's a snag for me. It looks as if I would have to get rid of the new caller ID name feature in order to have HD calling. Naa. Rather have the caller ID I think.

Verizon is going to start charging you extra after the first 30 days for that caller name ID that they try to shove down everyone's throats.

Download Current Caller ID from the Play Store.

Sent from my Motorola Droid Turbo
is it like the visual voicemail where its stays free if you just keep the basic service and not premium? or is there no choice?

hannsoft

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
Download Current Caller ID from the Play Store.

There's a few - which do you mean? I was using Truecaller for a while but I believe that just does an Internet lookup - which may not be reliable for obvious reasons..

hannsoft

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
is it like the visual voicemail where its stays free if you just keep the basic service and not premium? or is there no choice?
My understanding is that if you want any functionality at all from it past the trial period then you have to pay.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
There's a few - which do you mean? I was using Truecaller for a while but I believe that just does an Internet lookup - which may not be reliable for obvious reasons..

The application by White Pages. Its as reliable as it gets.
Current Caller ID is a free application with no charge ever. Been using it for more than a year.
Is this the app from the Whitepages?

Posted via the Android Central App
Yes :)

hal1

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
After you see the little android guy, hold the volume up and tap the power key. That should bring you to a menu and clear cache is at the bottom.

There is still a step missing in these instructions. The very first instruction should state to get your reading glasses first before starting.

dungoyle

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
noob question what does droid turbo battery do?
I'm not bashing, so don't take offense, but asking a question like this shows you clearly have made no effort to learn about this phone or "the turbo battery". In this case, you don't even have to painstakingly search through the forum to find your answer; just do a google search on "Motorola Droid Turbo Review", and read a review of the phone; 90% of your questions about the phone and why the battery is special will almost certainly be answered. If you are really interested in the phone as a possible purchase, I'd recommend reading 1, 2, or 3 reviews since some contain personal slants in either a positive or negative light; doing so will give you a pretty even overview of the phone and why the battery is "special" -- which it is.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
This is one of the things that drives me so crazy about this phone. The battery life is just so darn inconsistent. I had my droid Maxx for a year and rarely went under in 50% an entire day. With this phone I have been using it in the same way in the same places and with the same apps and some days I stay above 50% and some days like today I am down in the 20s after just 10 hours from a full charge.

These are my results today. This is after the recent OTA update and a cache wipe. Yesterday I was at our other hospital location where I generally have a worse signal and I came home after 10 hours with around 60% battery left.

I never used to think twice about charging my Maxx extra during the day, but now I feel like I am a regular smartphone user with a mediocre battery and I have to worry about charging it all the time so it unexpectedly quickly die on me.

Ideas? Does that belong wakelock results have something to do with it.

http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/12/13/9f635fc3b61f84f84b59505c0ce2eaa7.jpg

http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/12/13/39296cdcae17b06aaa00bbdea25a3602.jpg

http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/12/13/7eab33858d7e892380073d814a61688c.jpg
That's bad. Really bad.

I do agree the battery is very inconsistent. I didn't get any pictures because I was so tired and forgot but Friday I got up to 7 hours of display time. Yesterday with basically the same usage I got about 6 hours of display time.

beeare

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
Anybody feel like after rebooting the phone, that it will take a couple days, or at least one full charge cycle to get back to better battery performance? I always feel like, if I reboot my phone for whatever reason, that day, my battery life will sort of suffer. The following day/s it will improve significantly. I even notice weird things showing up in my wake locks on GSAM after a reboot that seem to stop within the next day or so. Not sure if there's any basis for this and whether there are certain processes that take place after a reboot which take a while to settle down, but I'm pretty sure I've noticed this regularly. I also find that from one day to the next, this battery is somewhat inconsistent, and I can't correlate it to me doing anything differently. I feel like this was somewhat the case with the Maxx as well, which was my previous phone, but to a lesser degree.

mobrules

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
This is one of the things that drives me so crazy about this phone. The battery life is just so darn inconsistent. I had my droid Maxx for a year and rarely went under in 50% an entire day. With this phone I have been using it in the same way in the same places and with the same apps and some days I stay above 50% and some days like today I am down in the 20s after just 10 hours from a full charge.

These are my results today. This is after the recent OTA update and a cache wipe. Yesterday I was at our other hospital location where I generally have a worse signal and I came home after 10 hours with around 60% battery left.

I never used to think twice about charging my Maxx extra during the day, but now I feel like I am a regular smartphone user with a mediocre battery and I have to worry about charging it all the time so it unexpectedly quickly die on me.

Ideas? Does that belong wakelock results have something to do with it.

http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/12/13/9f635fc3b61f84f84b59505c0ce2eaa7.jpg

http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/12/13/39296cdcae17b06aaa00bbdea25a3602.jpg

http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/12/13/7eab33858d7e892380073d814a61688c.jpg

Snare, I have never seen wake locks that high. There's definitely something out of wack. The third screen shot showing the apps using the battery also has a drop down arrow at the top. Select that and switch it to view kernel wakelocks. Can you grab that and post it? The same screen will also have an arrow next to each wakelock. If you select it the next screen has a Google me button. That will hopefully show you why each wakelock is active. I've just never seen wakelocks that high compared to the hours up. Hope this helps man.

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
Snare, I have never seen wake locks that high. There's definitely something out of wack. The third screen shot showing the apps using the battery also has a drop down arrow at the top. Select that and switch it to view kernel wakelocks. Can you grab that and post it? The same screen will also have an arrow next to each wakelock. If you select it the next screen has a Google me button. That will hopefully show you why each wakelock is active. I've just never seen wakelocks that high compared to the hours up. Hope this helps man.

Do you think its likely the wakelocks that are doing it? I just charged to 100% and am heading into work. I'll see how it goes during my shift today and will check the wakelock screen tonight. Its just still odd that its so inconsistent from day to day with similar use.

mobrules

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Do you think its likely the wakelocks that are doing it? I just charged to 100% and am heading into work. I'll see how it goes during my shift today and will check the wakelock screen tonight. Its just still odd that its so inconsistent from day to day with similar use.

Yes I believe the wakelocks will do that. There has to be an app causing the wake lock. The time held awake is just way out of line. Post some shots later if possible.

leehardballer12

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
Soooooo..... This is interesting. Got the VOLTE update last night. No big deal on that but I wonder if they added some other things with it. I have Tasker set up to shut down 4g and background data from a 2200-0600. I usually lose about .5 to 1.0% battery per hour of those hours(at night). Charged up before bed last night, unplugged and watched about 10 minutes of HBO GO, then asleep. Got up today and battery is at 97% and lost average of. 03% overnight. That was at over 9 hrs up time. That's freaking awesome. Maybe it's an a fluke but I also wiped the cache after the update last night. I won't be able to really test it until this weekend. Anyone else noticing something like this?

I've noticed improved battery life as well since the update.

mobrules

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Screenshot_2014-12-14-22-32-19.jpg

So heres the latest. I noticed a pretty significant increase in idle battery drain after the last update. Decided to stretch it to see if it would make it this long and thats the results. I didnt use it much on friday or the weekend. I usually dont let it go this far down before I charge it. I dont know if this made a difference but under developer options at the very bottom is the option background process limit. I switched that to 4 instead of standard. It seems a little snappier. Im not what you would call a power user. I have disabled what I dont want to use and shut down the 4g signal and background sync when the screen times out at 2 minutes. I use tasker to accomplish this. I also dont use HD/VoLTE calling but thats due to the coverage area I am in.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Here is my latest battery life on an extremely busy day. VoLTE is activated.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1418623626614.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1418623626614.jpg
    170.8 KB · Views: 46
  • uploadfromtaptalk1418623634482.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1418623634482.jpg
    177.4 KB · Views: 45
  • uploadfromtaptalk1418623641177.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1418623641177.jpg
    166.3 KB · Views: 45
  • uploadfromtaptalk1418623649982.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1418623649982.jpg
    184.5 KB · Views: 44
  • uploadfromtaptalk1418623660562.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1418623660562.jpg
    107.6 KB · Views: 44

LDenis

Nov 21, 2014
Visit site
I see your screen eats more power than all other functions) If you want to save your battery life you should turn the brightness down.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon