Droid Turbo: Battery Life

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
Yes I believe the wakelocks will do that. There has to be an app causing the wake lock. The time held awake is just way out of line. Post some shots later if possible.
Well I came home at 46% tonight instead of 30%. Still not droid Maxx quality but slightly better day. Here is a wake lock screen. It consistently seems to be that combined one of the top.

3fa7bb2ac4db2fc93e576acf7e316a9f.jpg

ffactoryxx

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
What am I doing wrong and why has my battery decreased. He here is the latest. I have volte off and updated Friday night. Cleared my cache as well

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• 1723.jpg
    1723.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 88
  • 1721.jpg
    1721.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 88
  • 1720.jpg
    1720.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 88
  • 1719.jpg
    1719.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 86
  • 1724.jpg
    1724.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 86
Last edited:

beeare

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
What am I doing wrong and why has my battery decreased. He here is the latest. I have volte off and updated Friday night. Cleared my cache as well

How is this bad? 50% in 19 hours with over 2.5 SOT. I would say that's excellent.

beeare

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
Well I came home at 46% tonight instead of 30%. Still not droid Maxx quality but slightly better day. Here is a wake lock screen. It consistently seems to be that combined one of the top.

http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/12/14/3fa7bb2ac4db2fc93e576acf7e316a9f.jpg

46% on the Turbo is different that 46% on the Maxx. The Turbo will give you a lot more mileage out of that 46% than the Maxx. Once my Maxx would go below
50%, it would always move down from there way more quickly than the first 50%. The Turbo seems to be consistent all the way through. That's my experience at least.

Jeff Hager

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the Combined one just a combination of the others...a total? It's always going to be on top if that's the case.

Jeff Hager

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site
I'm proud to say that I went the entire weekend without plugging in. I unplugged after work on Friday at 100%, went 2 days, 14 hours and 8 minutes before I plugged back in this morning at work with 4% left. My screen time was 3 hours 40 minutes. Best result yet in my opinion. I have pretty consistently gotten 2 days of battery use with around 4 to 5 hours of screen time over the past month. I have yet to do a heavy use day.

On weekends I tend to use my tablet more at home, so I am mostly a lite user on the phone. This did include about 30 minutes of phone calls, a few minutes of video recording with the LED's on, about 15 minutes of GPS time to do some quick geocaching. The rest was mostly internet and facebook. I use 4G only instead of wifi, because I'm unlimited and don't care how much I use. I disable much of the main bloatware except Slacker, Verizon Messenger, Verizon widgets, and Command Center. I didn't get too crazy disabling apps, since most of them hardly touch the battery anyway and I don't notice them. I just removed ones I would never use or were a nuisance. I do use Moto Voice. I do have wave to silence alarm enabled, but I have yet to see it work (probably because it's dark when my alarm goes off). I did turn off Moto Approach, because it was just to sensitive for my liking. Motion alone will turn on my active display, and I'm fine with that, although a wobbly table or movement in a car will cause it to turn on constantly. Overall, I can't complain and based off of what I have seen with my Nexus 10, Lollipop will hopefully improve the battery life even more.

mobrules

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
I'm proud to say that I went the entire weekend without plugging in. I unplugged after work on Friday at 100%, went 2 days, 14 hours and 8 minutes before I plugged back in this morning at work with 4% left. My screen time was 3 hours 40 minutes. Best result yet in my opinion. I have pretty consistently gotten 2 days of battery use with around 4 to 5 hours of screen time over the past month. I have yet to do a heavy use day.

On weekends I tend to use my tablet more at home, so I am mostly a lite user on the phone. This did include about 30 minutes of phone calls, a few minutes of video recording with the LED's on, about 15 minutes of GPS time to do some quick geocaching. The rest was mostly internet and facebook. I use 4G only instead of wifi, because I'm unlimited and don't care how much I use. I disable much of the main bloatware except Slacker, Verizon Messenger, Verizon widgets, and Command Center. I didn't get too crazy disabling apps, since most of them hardly touch the battery anyway and I don't notice them. I just removed ones I would never use or were a nuisance. I do use Moto Voice. I do have wave to silence alarm enabled, but I have yet to see it work (probably because it's dark when my alarm goes off). I did turn off Moto Approach, because it was just to sensitive for my liking. Motion alone will turn on my active display, and I'm fine with that, although a wobbly table or movement in a car will cause it to turn on constantly. Overall, I can't complain and based off of what I have seen with my Nexus 10, Lollipop will hopefully improve the battery life even more.

Congrats. I'm pretty much the same on the weekends(see screen shot previous page). I use a nexus 7 or 10 on the weekends. I too disabled most recommended but not all. There's some features I like.

Jeff Hager

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site
Congrats. I'm pretty much the same on the weekends(see screen shot previous page). I use a nexus 7 or 10 on the weekends. I too disabled most recommended but not all. There's some features I like.

I noticed your 3 days and 8.5 hours of screen time. Kinda made be question if I should bother posting my stats. ;)
But I saw that you mentioned the use of Tasker to shut down data and syncing. I have a profile set up on mine that I had experimented with a bit. I had it set up to shut off data when the screen turns off and then cycle every 5 minutes to check for anything new, such as email, facebook, etc. It worked fine, but I didn't notice any battery improvement. Maybe 15 or 30 minute cycles would have helped. I guess I'm pretty content with the usage time I'm getting so I stopped using those profiles. Right now I only use Tasker to make my phone silent when I get to work, based on the specific cell tower in that location. I need to find more uses for it. I'm a programmer by trade, but any "programming" outside of work doesn't interest me much anymore.

mobrules

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Maybe 15 or 30 minute cycles would have helped.
Guess I havent really considered or at least set that up. I would guess I check it every 15 to 20 minutes for the same reasons. And yes you should post your stats/screenshots. I only post them for newer users to show what the battery life can be if they so desire. Guaranteed someone will post this week or next " why does my battery life suck". I try to encourage them to read back though the thread but lets be honest, most wont because its a long thread.
Everyones battery life will vary. Different signal strength and screen settings are big factors. I was glad to see your post to know I am not the only one trying to get the most out of the battery.
I also realize my setting are not for everyone. I tend to take it to the extreme for battery savings. I only offer examples and suggestions. Some are power users but im not.

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
46% on the Turbo is different that 46% on the Maxx. The Turbo will give you a lot more mileage out of that 46% than the Maxx. Once my Maxx would go below
50%, it would always move down from there way more quickly than the first 50%. The Turbo seems to be consistent all the way through. That's my experience at least.

My point was more that my Maxx would never get that low during my days with the same use, apps and locations. Usually ended the day around 60%. My Turbo is routinely into the 40's and and much less consistent from day to day. Maybe Lollipop will solve all of my lifes problems...

Jeff Hager

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site
That makes sense. Although I just checked and its not at the top right now.

I noticed that after my first reply. Maybe it's still a total, but it is rounding some of the stats, or maybe there is a delay in adding up all the stats. That's my best guess, but I could be wrong.

Rick Howle

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site
Almost 48 hours.
😁

Posted via the Android Central App Droid Turbo

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-12-15-18-45-58.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-12-15-18-45-58.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 65
  • Screenshot_2014-12-15-18-47-08.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-12-15-18-47-08.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 65
  • Screenshot_2014-12-15-18-43-58.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-12-15-18-43-58.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 63

beeare

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
My point was more that my Maxx would never get that low during my days with the same use, apps and locations. Usually ended the day around 60%. My Turbo is routinely into the 40's and and much less consistent from day to day. Maybe Lollipop will solve all of my lifes problems...

My point is that the battery meter displaying 40% left on your Turbo is probably the equivalent of about 60% on your Maxx, so there's no reason to be concerned. I would agree that the battery life on this phone from one day to the next, is probably a little less consistent than the Maxx, but overall I seem to get slightly better battery performance from the Turbo.

ffactoryxx

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
It guess a little better but no where near others stats. This was all after the update. Are all batteries different and is there anything I might have running that's draining battery?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae