10-12-2015 04:30 PM
1,125 123 ...
tools
    I've been maxing out this phone on auto brightness (in a sunny room), using pics, watching vids, and downloading apps on 4G for over an 1hour and it's only dropped from 65% to 61% in that time. Pretty awesome if this keeps up. Anybody else wanna share your battery life?

Sent Turbo fast from my 64GB Droid Turbo
    pchain and tech_fan like this.
    10-30-2014 02:08 PM
    So far I think the battery started at 65% been on for 4 hour 12 min.
    Screen on for 1 hour 58 min..
    I'm at 29%
    Took a bunch of photo and messed with all the settings to get it optimized, Sent 15 e-mails with pictures attached roughly 1.5 MB per picture.

My signal is at 1x = -88dBm and 4G = -104dBm ..

I'm gonna chalk it up to being in a crappy cell reception area.
    10-30-2014 02:13 PM
    I work in a bunker. I picked it up 6 hours at 65%, at 19 now.

What kind of settings do you use to save power. I gave up on most of the power saving apps I tried because many needed too much interaction.
    10-30-2014 03:06 PM
    I got home from buying the phone about 2.5 hours ago. Have been playing on it constantly, mostly getting everything set up. Since this is the initial setup phase, EVERYTHING is syncing in addition to the screen on time. I went from 82% to 58% in that time. All things considered, seems pretty good. I am sure once everything is up and running and it gets a full charge tonight, it'll be excellent battery life.
    10-30-2014 03:08 PM
    I'm reading an article that is already bashing the Turbo's battery. I completely disagree.

Droid Turbo Is Here, But About That Battery...
    10-30-2014 03:10 PM
    I work in a bunker. I picked it up 6 hours at 65%, at 19 now.

What kind of settings do you use to save power. I gave up on most of the power saving apps I tried because many needed too much interaction.
    First things I did is go to Settings, more, change mobile networks to LTE/CDMA rather than Global. Put location setting on battery saving. Screen on auto brightness and make sure social and email apps aren't syncing more than 1x per hour under Accounts settings. Also, for WiFi advanced settings, I change always on to only when plugged in and then uncheck the box for always scanning even when WiFi is turned off. That should help.

PS. Since you are in a bunker, you could either turn off mobile data to get a better CDMA only signal or just go to airplane mode and use Wi-Fi at work (no phone or data). There are apps like Tasker that can automate this kind of stuff too. Best of luck!

dungoyle, pchain, kalytn and 1 others like this.
    10-30-2014 03:34 PM
    Hasn't the only been available for 6 hours now? Seems kind of hard to tell so soon.
    10-30-2014 03:36 PM
    First things I did is go to Settings, more, change mobile networks to LTE/CDMA rather than Global. Put location setting on battery saving. Screen on auto brightness and make sure social and email apps aren't syncing more than 1x per hour under Accounts settings. Also, for WiFi advanced settings, I change always on to only when plugged in and then uncheck the box for always scanning even when WiFi is turned off. That should help.

PS. Since you are in a bunker, you could either turn off mobile data to get a better CDMA only signal or just go to airplane mode and use Wi-Fi at work (no phone or data). There are apps like Tasker that can automate this kind of stuff too. Best of luck!

Funny you said that. As soon as I switched from global to LTE/CDMA I noticed instantly a stronger signal and two more bars.
    rxgadget and kalytn like this.
    10-30-2014 03:45 PM
    Funny you said that. As soon as I switched from global to LTE/CDMA I noticed instantly a stronger signal and two more bars.
    I work in a bunker too. If you're feeling advanced, try out the Viaero 4G Toggle free app. You can manually switch the radio between CDMA (1X) or CDMA PRL (3G) or LTE/CDMA (4G). This little app really saves battery at work by going to CDMA

Masheen and vzwuser76 like this.
    10-30-2014 03:50 PM
    I work in a bunker too. If you're feeling advanced, try out the Viaero 4G Toggle free app. You can manually switch the radio between CDMA (1X) or CDMA PRL (3G) or LTE/CDMA (4G). This little app really saves battery at work by going to CDMA

Thanks! I most definitely will. I don't work in a bunker, but I do work in a Supermarket with a basement that of course has horrible/no service and constantly drains my battery. I'm never down there for a long enough period of time to bother to go airplane mode, but I am gonna check this app out.

Update: I downloaded the app but can't find it in either my app drawer or widget folder.
    10-30-2014 03:58 PM
    Should be the very first one listed in the app drawer since it starts with a number

10-30-2014 04:20 PM
    Should be the very first one listed in the app drawer since it starts with a number

It just appeared in the app drawer. One quirk that I have noticed is that I have a delay between downloading an app and when it appears in the app drawer.
    mspace81 likes this.
    10-30-2014 04:25 PM
    You can also use LTE ON OFF application to switch from 4g to 3g/CDMA. I have used it for a long time and it works well.
    10-30-2014 05:48 PM
    My goal with this phone is to get 16 hours of usage. I think it's dumb that people are angry, Because they aren't going to get the 48 Hours they are told. Most of us aren't average users. I plug my phone in every night when i go to bed, So why would i need it to last 48 hours? I just don't understand these type of people. Give me 14-18 hours and I'm Happy.
    10-30-2014 06:16 PM
    My goal with this phone is to get 16 hours of usage. I think it's dumb that people are angry, Because they aren't going to get the 48 Hours they are told. Most of us aren't average users. I plug my phone in every night when i go to bed, So why would i need it to last 48 hours? I just don't understand these type of people. Give me 14-18 hours and I'm Happy.
    Me too.

I take the 48 hours as saying I'll be able to go a whole day without an issue. No chargers needed no matter what I throw at it that day.

Sent from my Motorola Droid Turbo
    mumfoau likes this.
    10-30-2014 06:23 PM
    I recharged so I could base my phones battery off of 100% so here is my stats so far.

10-30-2014 06:31 PM
    Thanks for posting. 6.8%/hour seems awfully high (my reference is a Maxx). Are you thinking it will improve?
    10-30-2014 07:55 PM
    Thanks for posting. 6.8%/hour seems awfully high (my reference is a Maxx). Are you thinking it will improve?
    Looks like a low signal area from the pic. Also, when the new Moto X rolled out the experts were saying to give it a week to break in before the battery life would settle in at better levels.

Toes Up likes this.
    10-30-2014 07:58 PM
    Looks like a low signal area from the pic. Also, when the new Moto X rolled out the experts were saying to give it a week to break in before the battery life would settle in at better levels.

The battery is excellent. Not sure what everyone expects but my S5 would be close to 50% by now.

Attached Thumbnails Droid Turbo: Battery Life-uploadfromtaptalk1414717387484.jpg  
    10-30-2014 08:03 PM
    Does anyone know how to display the battery percentage in the top left?
    10-30-2014 08:58 PM
    Does anyone know how to display the battery percentage in the top left?
    You have to download a battery app like GSAM battery app.

anon(5484072) likes this.
    10-30-2014 09:06 PM
    The battery is excellent. Not sure what everyone expects but my S5 would be close to 50% by now.

Yep my S5 would give me about 4-4.5 hours of screen on time. 2hrs and at 80% is damn good.
    10-30-2014 09:13 PM
    Well so far I've got 10 hours and 30 minutes or so with 2.5 hours of screen time and 2GB of mobile data used, and couple hours of music.

Gotta say, my expectations were high. They were not met. However, it's still performing well. Tomorrow will be a better indication as I won't be in a low/no signal area.

EDIT: Forgot the important stuff. 65ish percent (charge from purchase) to dead.
    10-30-2014 09:23 PM
    Well so far I've got 10 hours and 30 minutes or so with 2.5 hours of screen time and 2GB of mobile data used, and couple hours of music.

Gotta say, my expectations were high. They were not met. However, it's still performing well. Tomorrow will be a better indication as I won't be in a low/no signal area.

EDIT: Forgot the important stuff. 65ish percent (charge from purchase) to dead.
    Hmm I've got 2hrs 8min of screen time and have gone from 65% out of the box to 33% right now. Mostly just setting the phone up and browsing around the web and apps
    10-30-2014 09:29 PM
    Posting your battery stats on the first day isn't realistic. Everyone is on the phone more than usual, downloading and installing a bunch of apps, setting up ringtones, downloading emails, etc.
    10-30-2014 09:30 PM
1,125 123 ...