Will you use the Turbo Charger as your daily charger?

mimsiesboy

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I only use it when I need a quick boast, that's been twice since November 2nd. Wireless charging is the way to go IMHO.

Posted via the Android Central App

this_is_nascar

May 25, 2012
Visit site
Re: Will you use the turbo charger as your daily charger?

If someone were to charge something other than a Droid Turbo on the Turbo's turbo charger, do they risk damage to other other device?

The reason I'm asking is that we have other devices (phones and tablets) that use the same interface and rather than have a bunch of different chargers plugged-in...............................................................

rader023

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Re: Will you use the turbo charger as your daily charger?

If someone were to charge something other than a Droid Turbo on the Turbo's turbo charger, do they risk damage to other other device?
I have charged many devices on it with no problems. The quick charge should only run on devices with that standard.

rocknrolla75

Feb 12, 2015
Visit site
Ok. So we have established the fact that the including charger indeed can be used every day... Great.

Im still wondering this though. What if I want to use a regular old fashioned android charger during the night. Is that all right? Will it damage the battery? That is my question.

I know I can use the Qualcomm Quick Charge all the time. But I want to use an old charger, unless someone has reason to beleive that it will ruin the battery

I have 2-3 quick 2.0 chargers. One at work. One in my laptop bag. etc... I use those in everyday life if I need the charging to be quick.

dungoyle

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
Ok. So we have established the fact that the including charger indeed can be used every day... Great.

Im still wondering this though. What if I want to use a regular old fashioned android charger during the night. Is that all right? Will it damage the battery? That is my question.

I know I can use the Qualcomm Quick Charge all the time. But I want to use an old charger, unless someone has reason to beleive that it will ruin the battery

I have 2-3 quick 2.0 chargers. One at work. One in my laptop bag. etc... I use those in everyday life if I need the charging to be quick.
Yes, if it connects with USB on one end to a power source, you can connect it to your phone. Including your PC. Pretty much anything other than a USB cable spliced to jumper cables connected directly to your car battery should be safe. But, if you want to try that last one and get back with us, please take video. It could turn out to be the ULTRA TURBO CHARGER (or just a really funny video).

rocknrolla75

Feb 12, 2015
Visit site
hahahahahahhahahahhahhahahahaha

No but seriously. Will it deteriorate the capacity of the battery if you use a regular micro-usb charger and not the included one?

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
I'd make sure that the charger was at least 5 volt, 1 amp output. I wouldn't use a charger less than 1 amp.

If you start noticing strange battery behavior (really fast reported drain, staying at full charge for hours - things like that) go back to the turbo charger.

MA2GA28

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I've been using the Turbo charger, exclusively, over the last month. I noticed the battery acts better/drains more appropriately with a Turbo charge. So, I figure the phone is probably calibrated specifically for a turbo charge. The heat generated is still a slight concern, but hoping Moto took that into account and prepared appropriately or found it won't have a long term negative impact.

mobrules

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site

That's all I use. Haven't used the turbo charger except for the first week. I've got way too many regular chargers to give up using them. I charge every other night and use an old blackberry charger next to the bed.

LinuxWeather

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
I didn't think turbo charging kicks in until your battery is under 20% ... You can see that when it's plugged in it'll say "turbo charging" otherwise it says just "charging" ... I don't necessarily care since battery is so big.

this_is_nascar

May 25, 2012
Visit site
I didn't think turbo charging kicks in until your battery is under 20% ... You can see that when it's plugged in it'll say "turbo charging" otherwise it says just "charging" ... I don't necessarily care since battery is so big.

I thought I read that Turbo charging mode is in effect until such time that the battery is at 70% of total charge..

dungoyle

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
there is no harm to use a standard old charger but why would you prefer to?
What does it matter, really? I have my Factory Turbo charger at my home desk, but I only use it if I'm down to 20% or below and want to get it up to 100% without waiting. Otherwise, I use one of several QI chargers. In the house I have a TYLT on my home desk, and a Nokia QI on 2 coffee tables. I also have USB-to-power cables sprinkled throughout the house for "whatever", and the Turbo qualifies under that umbrella. At work, I have an after market Turbo charger and a TYLT on my desk as well. Yeah, I'm over run with charging solutions. The point is, it isn't unusual for a person to need and/or have a charging point at several locations, and therefore justify why that person would want to ensure that a "normal" charger will work with the phone.

Erick Garnica

Jun 9, 2013
Visit site
I have been using the turbo charger that came with the turbo since the day 1 which was when this phone came out to the public and I have had great battery life. Everyone tends to think it does turbo charge always, but honestly it only kicks in when in real need like under 20 percent battery. Plus when it's fully charged the power doesn't keep flowing to keep charging phone. The charger is intelligent with the help of the software of course.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knowledge is power