11-28-2014 06:58 PM
33 12
tools
    I called wednesday night to ask rep if they would let me use a different line for upgrade eligibility without losing UDP. They said yes and were supposed to note the account. Went to a corporate store and they gave some hesitation so I called customer service back while in the store. The customer service rep was really cool. he advised just buy the phone and active it on the line eligible for the upgrade and just call us back and we will switch it over. The store manager spoke to the rep and told him no problem they would do that. As soon as he hung up the phone he then flat out refused to sell me the phone at all. I was a little pissed off to say the least. Figure the whole time took at least an hour.
    After leaving there I called customer service and spoke with a young lady that was very cool. She advised to go to a different store and they were really cool about it. The customer service rep even called me back and activated the phone for me. Needless to say I kept the UDP and got the phone I wanted, so It all worked out. But I also have the feeling somehow big red will make sure this is the last time this will be allowed. I expect to pay full retail next time but who knows.
    10-31-2014 11:45 AM
    I didn't buy one today, I receive my check Saturday and that's when I'm gonna go get it. But I did visit my local store to check it out. While I was playing around with a Turbo there was another guy next to me doing the same and waiting for a rep to help him. We both exchanged some words about the phone,our excitement for it, etc. He knew a lot about it, so we chatted. When the rep came up to him to help him, and the convo went something like this:

Rep: How may I assist you today:
    Customer: I'd like to by the Nylon turbo with 64gb.
    Rep: it looks like you're still on contract, the only way you can get it is if you sign up for edge or buy it full price.
    Customer: I know,I'd like it buy it full price.
    Rep: are you serious? Whats so good about the phone?

He then picks it up and starts to look through it. The dude and I then proceeded to give every detail of the phone to the rep. The rep looked surprised. It was a mutual understanding between the random dude and I lol. I'm gonna buy it either Saturday or Sunday and give my experiences then.
    If you're going to buy full price why not do it online - you get free overnight shipping.
    11-01-2014 06:13 PM
    I purchased online and got 2 day shipping not overnight.

Posted via Android Central App
    11-01-2014 06:15 PM
    If you're going to buy full price why not do it online - you get free overnight shipping.
    Because I'm impatient and in the store I get instant gratification.

Posted via the Android Central App
    mobrules and Dojam like this.
    11-01-2014 06:15 PM
    I grabbed one a month and a half earlier than my upgrade by calling Verizon directly. Very happy so far with it!
    11-03-2014 12:14 AM
    I just had a chat online with a Verizon rep about buying a Droid turbo 64gb with no plan or contract and here is the transcript

Please hold for a Verizon Wireless sales representative
    You are now chatting with 'Joe C.'

Joe C.: at 10:39:42
    Hello, welcome to Verizon Wireless sales chat! My name is Joe C.

You:
    I just had a chat with melissa that went as follows----Can I purchase a 64gb
    droid turbo at full price with NO PLAN or contract as a gift for someone?

Melissa: at 10:21:32 Yes you can, you will have to choose a plan in the order, but it does not have to be activated with this plan or even on our network.

Joe C.: at 10:41:00
    Yes that is correct you can do that however you would have to select the plan for the order.

You: at 10:41:43
    I tried that but i cannot check out without a plan!!

Joe C.: at 10:42:08
    I do understand you would have to select a plan.
    Joe C.: at 10:42:50
    But it don't have to be activated with the plan.

You: at 10:42:58
    I do not want a plan right now I just want the phone (no plan no contract)

Joe C.: at 10:43:40
    I do understand you wouldn't have to get the plan it just would have to be selected when ordering to have it completed.

You: at 10:44:47
    I did that but when i went to checkout it wouldn't let me without a plan

Joe C.: at 10:45:33
    Did you select a plan?

You: at 10:47:16
    yes during the order then i went to cart and deleted the plan and then selected checkout but when i did that it said i had to have a plan

Joe C.: at 10:48:09
    You would have to checkout with the plan in order for it to be completed. I
    understand that you do not want a plan however it must be ordered for the order to be complete.

Joe C.: at 10:49:30
    Then once you received the phone you can call to have the plan taken off so it wouldn't be activated with us.

You: at 10:50:12
    Thanks anyway. I'll just wait until i can buy one directly from Motorola

Joe C.: at 10:50:18
    Thank you for your business and for choosing Verizon Wireless!

Has anybody done this?

Posted via Android Central App
    11-04-2014 05:59 PM
    My experience was better than expected. My phone (Droid 4) was stolen Tuesday out of my classroom. My contract wasn't due to be up until February. I was sure that I would have to pay the $100 insurance claim. However, when I went to the store to ask this was the convo:
    Me: My phone was stolen, I don't want to pay insurance for a refurbished phone for 3 months then pay again to upgrade.
    Her: Ok, well you can do edge but you have to turn in your old phone.
    Me: No phone, remember... mine was stolen.
    Her: Let me ask my manager.
    Her: Manager said we can waive the "must turn in old phone thing" (probably b/c no one would have wanted an old Droid 4 anyway.)
    Me: Ok, and I want a lower bill. (mine was 95 / month)
    Her: You get a $10 discount for the data plan. We can lower you to unlimited talk / text and 2 GB (which is fine because I hardly ever use more than 1) which is $60 / month
    Me: I also get a 19% discount through my school.
    Her: Yes that still applies...
    Her: You need to get a case.
    Me: Yes, I know (I work in a classroom with concrete floors).
    Her: You also need a wireless charger.
    Me: Maybe for Christmas ( I did go back and get the Incipio since my previous phone had such a hard time with cords and the port wearing out.)
    Her: We will put your case on your January Bill.

I didn't pay anything out of pocket. I have the case and screen protectors on my January bill. I also will have the $50ish for taxes on that bill as well.

So my bill went from $95+ / month to $70 / month. I got a new phone (that is a DRASTIC improvement over the old timey phone I had) in less than an hour. And with Edge I can get another new phone in 12 months instead of a year.
    11-28-2014 06:29 PM
    Ours was the easiest we have ever done. The girl that took care of us was great, gave us room to look at the phones without hovering over us. Didn't offer/suggest that we needed to buy a bunch of accessories. And we didn't get out of the store till 30 minutes after their usual close time.

Plus she was cute.

Posted via the Android Central App on a Nexus 10 running Lollipop
    11-28-2014 06:58 PM
33 12