03-25-2017 09:58 AM
585 ... 89101112 ...
tools
    Anyone having a problem with google search? At some point it decided that the only input it would take is by voice search. The mic icon would appear and "listen". When I paused it, a keyboard icon would appear but nothing would happen when I clicked on it. Tried to disable google voice and Moto....no change. Had to do a factory reset to recover keyboard search...!
    11-23-2014 09:06 PM
    I've had the exact same problem as you. Charged over night on the wireless charger, next day 98% for 13 hours. Today It dropped to 49% after 6.5hrs, then turned off. I plugged into the turbo charger, in literally 3 minutes, 100%. I'll be trying the off charge tonight, via turbo charger. Has your Turbo gone back to normal? Think the wireless charging was the problem?
    Yes, back to normal, and I've been using wireless charging again with no problems. My theory is the wireless charger caused it, but can't replicate it, so...
    11-24-2014 08:13 AM
    I think you can share your "Me" contact info with others as a contact card. It may also effect the picture that appears on other's phones when you use certain messaging or texting services. Maybe.
    I believe it is also related to user profiles. Since this phone can have multiple user profiles, this lets you know which profile is currently in use.
    11-24-2014 09:28 AM
    Small issue....when using Google now (slide up from bottom), I have issues with the links to the attached articles. Often, when I select a link, it will try to launch it but will be unsuccessful. I often have to try 2 or 3 times to reload the page. Not sure if this is a Google Now problem, or a Droid Turbo problem. Either way, it's a minor issue.
    11-24-2014 09:31 AM
    The only issue that's been bugging me is it won't stay connected to one of my Bluetooth headsets. It will stay connected just fine to my Motorola S305 headset but with my Kinivo BTH240, it drops it and the headset goes to sleep. It's like it doesn't keep communicating the "still there?" between the devices. If I turn music on, it will stay connected, but not if it's not actively doing anything. Both headsets worked great on my Note 2 just a small annoyance now.

Oh, I also wish they would allow us to decrease the sensitivity on the sensors as where I have my car stand every time I move my hand, or the steering wheel, the display turns on.
    Apparently there is a setting for this.....I've read in other forums. There is a BT timeout setting or something along those lines. Once you change the setting on that, your problem should be fixed.
    11-24-2014 09:35 AM
    Motorola Droid Turbo: Bugs, quirks, problems and more-screenshot_2014-11-24-14-03-15.jpg

Ok so something is up with the Battery charge level indicators. As folks have noted, it holds at a spot and then just boom drops off. Rebooting the phone doesn't solve the issue. I did have someone experiencing this put it on their turbo charger for about 2 hours and then reboot it and they haven't complained about it. I have a similar issue though, you can see it in the screenshot. This is the 3rd time I have experienced this... but 100% after 10 hours would be kind of amazing..

The problem is at 100% it doesn't want to charge wirelessly (at least thats what it seems to indicate) so I have to plug it in for a while. I'm not sure what "unsticks" it eventually though.

It is a really annoying issue - that is for sure.
    11-24-2014 01:28 PM
    I just got the new Droid Turbo and trying to setup Softcard. I've tried everything. Spent 2 hours at the Verizon store and they call tier 1 and 2 Softcard techs and was told to just keep trying to setup a new account. This is what I have been getting ever since I got my new phones. Anyone else having this issue or know of a resolution?

Motorola Droid Turbo: Bugs, quirks, problems and more-softcard-message.png
    11-24-2014 06:36 PM
    Had the phone go back to the splash screen and restart several times while on calls today. Powered it off a few times and finally stopped doing it. Has anyone found a remedy to this problem?
    11-24-2014 08:52 PM
    Sorry ...delete this one.
    11-24-2014 10:02 PM
    The only bugs/problems I've experienced so far were regarding the speakerphone/call volume issues, now solved not only by disabling the EQ in audio settings, but by disabling the Private Call volume whatever it is called in the Phone Dialer app.... really made a HUGE difference.
    How you did the "Private Call volume " disabling ?
    Thanks.
    11-24-2014 10:03 PM
    Had the phone go back to the splash screen and restart several times while on calls today. Powered it off a few times and finally stopped doing it. Has anyone found a remedy to this problem?
    Yes, I've had this happen 4 times in the almost 3 weeks I've had the Turbo. I just hear a click, the call ends and the Moto splash screen. Verizon replaced my SIM and I haven't had it since, but still not sure that fixed it because it only happened every few days anyway. Here's my thread on this....

http://forums.androidcentral.com/mot...one-calls.html
    11-24-2014 10:51 PM
    How you did the "Private Call volume " disabling ?
    Thanks.
    Easy- go to your dialer app>settings(far right lower three vertical boxes)>scroll down to Voice Privacy and uncheck the box. Close your dialer app and enjoy.
    bosanci likes this.
    11-25-2014 12:59 AM
    Easy- go to your dialer app>settings(far right lower three vertical boxes)>scroll down to Voice Privacy and uncheck the box. Close your dialer app and enjoy.
    Got it!...

Trying to find out , regarding this "low sound" while talking on the phone, and some noise on the line,or other people told me that they can't hear me really clear or sound/volume is too low on their side.
    11-25-2014 09:33 AM
    The propeller head version:

Voice privacy of IS-95 CDMA is provided by means of the long code mask.The long code mask is not transmitted through any channel, it is constructed by the base station and the mobile station. To recover the long code sequence,the eavesdropper may exhaustively search the 42-bit long code mask, with a time complexity of O(2 42 ). This attack is viable but is hard to implement in real time. Alternatively, it can be shown that the long code sequence can also be recovered if the eavesdropper can obtain 42 bits of plaintext-ciphertext pairs.As there are many mobile stations transmitting simultaneously on the trac channel and each mobile station only transmits approximately 3 minutes on the average, it is rather di cult to obtain 42 bits of the plaintext message.
    Unchecking the voice privacy option does not make the earpiece louder.
    11-25-2014 02:01 PM
    I own a new Droid Turbo, and for 2 mornings the first message I was sent sounded the "message received" tone, but when I opened the message box for the person who sent it, there was no message present. I called the person, and they told me that they had sent me a good morning [short] text.
    I ignored it at first, but when it happened again, it got me wondering 'what's up?!"
    11-25-2014 02:54 PM
    Unchecking the voice privacy option does not make the earpiece louder.
    I can tell you it did on mine, as well as the speakerphone volume increase. Respectfully, you can tell me all day long it doesn't..well, something did change it, and the EQ off was the first adjustment, but a day later when I unchecked the Voice Privacy box, my phone had the greatest improvement in volume. Go figure! Those were the only two adjustments I made to facilitate the volume improvement...and yes, I think it could be even better than it is right now, but it is far better than when I got it NIB from Verizon.
    11-25-2014 05:24 PM
    The only way I'll get close to 48hrs of battery is to not touch my phone at all. Usually it'll get about 20 hrs of moderate use.
    Maybe I set something up wrong but it definitely starts stuttering and slowing down if not restarted every few days.
    Oh and I'm also seeing the right most button's top right corner is dimmed. Not a big deal but it's something.
    11-25-2014 05:28 PM
    Wait, you have to turn off the phone every few days to get it from slowing? That doesnt sound right.

Ive read about the button thing on here before. How noticeable is it? Can u take a pic and post w a different phone?
    Im looking for every reason not to get the phone...
    11-25-2014 07:41 PM
    How do I get my profile from the quick settings pull down to link up to my G+. Right now it just has my name and a blank contact picture.
    11-25-2014 07:59 PM
    I saw this tip in another thread - if the camera is laggy, make sure HDR is turned off, because it can slow down the camera. I'm not sure if it's a perfect solution, but it can't hurt.
    11-25-2014 09:57 PM
    How do I get my profile from the quick settings pull down to link up to my G+. Right now it just has my name and a blank contact picture.
    In the Google + app, tap the menu control top right. Tap settings. Under accounts, tap you g+ account name, then contacts, then "keep contacts up to date".
    11-26-2014 06:19 AM
    Just a note - it doesn't always help.
    11-26-2014 04:48 PM
    I was having a different problem - out of the blue "Google Search has stopped" errors several times a day. I force stopped it in settings and then did a clear data (it takes a few seconds for clear data to be selectable after force stop), that fixed it.
    11-26-2014 04:49 PM
    Just received my 64 gig black Turbo today, 11/26/2014.

So my Moto (Voice) continuously locks up and crashes. It's now come the the point that it's stuck at the last step where it tells you "Touch the mic to finish setting up voice control". When I click on the final set up it gives me the voice options, the only selection available is "Launch Phrase" with a checkbox but you can't check anything on it. Everything else is grayed out.

I've rebooted the phone, cleared the data and cache and it hasn't worked.

Another "bug" (maybe) is the phone will not shut down while charged. Mine will only reboot. Is this working as designed?

Motorola Droid Turbo: Bugs, quirks, problems and more-ggxquwz.jpg
    11-26-2014 09:58 PM
    The only way I'll get close to 48hrs of battery is to not touch my phone at all. Usually it'll get about 20 hrs of moderate use.
    Maybe I set something up wrong but it definitely starts stuttering and slowing down if not restarted every few days.
    Oh and I'm also seeing the right most button's top right corner is dimmed. Not a big deal but it's something.
    The top right corner of right most button was the same way for me. I took it in and they replaced it. I had to buy a new screen protector though. Now the one I have has a bit of a bubble in the Nylon back.... but I didn't want to take in in again just for that after some of the return horror stories I've heard. I'll just put it in a case. But the button not lighting all the way drove me nuts.
    11-27-2014 12:09 AM
585 ... 89101112 ...