03-25-2017 10:58 AM
585 ... 1314151617 ...
tools
    If you change screen lock to "none" then rebooting droid turbo will cause wifi to switch off.
    12-31-2014 09:05 PM
    So you got your new Droid Turbo and you have found a bug, quirk or problem with it. Go ahead and share and try to be as descriptive as possible w/screenshots to help others out in identifying and possibly coming up with a solution.
    I have the turbo ballet nylon 64gig and the touch screen and bottom capasitive keys sometime won't work like I touch the screen or keys and they won't do anything. I then have to shut my phone down and then they will work but this has happened several times now. I'm coming from a note3 so my expectations r high.
    01-01-2015 04:59 PM
    I'm having a camera app issue - the menus and all symbology in the default camera app are showing up upside down. The menu's showing up on the right hand side and is transposed upside down, for instance. It's also taking pictures upside down. I've tried restarting (twice now) and I tried to clear data on the app and no dice. In fact, the first use screen was also upside down as shown below. This was taken with the camera rightside up. Any ideas short of going into the VZW store tomorrow? For what it's worth, I downloaded Google Camera as well to see if it might be a sensor issue and all menus/symbology there seem to be fine and pictures are being taken rightside up as well.

Motorola Droid Turbo: Bugs, quirks, problems and more-screenshot_2015-01-02-02-04-54.png

Edit - And never mind. Factory reset fixed it.
    01-02-2015 02:13 AM
    I few months ago i replaced my droid razr with the Turbo. After a recent update I started noticing issues between WiFi and data with text messages. I use the reg text app on phone. Never had these issues before. When WiFi is on, I can't send pics via text because randomly the data will shut itself off. To text a pic, I have to shut off WiFi. Then today, one of my clients sent me a text, which didn't come thru. My turbo will state in status bar that a text from so-and-so didn't come thru. Now unlike my old RAZR, I am not able to try to download the text. It doesn't show up anywhere for me to retry.
    Prior to the update, in the status bar it would always show WiFi and 3G or 4G with bars and a pulsating house. Now, when WiFi is on I lose the data symbols other than the bars.
    As some others have mentioned, I'm also having problems with visual voicemail constantly running and trying to connect. I think now that the trial is over I may have been able to stop it.
    I'm more concerned about the texting issues. Curious if anyone else is experiencing this.
    01-02-2015 08:09 PM
    I few months ago i replaced my droid razr with the Turbo. After a recent update I started noticing issues between WiFi and data with text messages. I use the reg text app on phone.
    Do you have any other third party text apps installed? I know that Textra will download MMS content before your default messaging app can download it in some cases and the stock app will give the spurious error that it could not download, with an offer to try again. You can keep trying but it will never get the attachment, because Textra has already downloaded it.

Other third party apps may be the same, Even if you have not made them the default, have you installed any?
    01-02-2015 11:28 PM
    To the guy with the texting issue:

You have to notify Apple that you no longer have your iphone so it quits getting routed through their system.

Fwiw, friend of mine had an iphone with verizon and switched to a samsung phone. A friend of his had an iphone and service through AT&T and they had the same problem as you. I googled and saw it discussed.

I called Apple support for him and they understood the problem but told me that it would be 2 days or so before "the change worked its way their their systems".
    01-03-2015 03:47 PM
    To the guy with the texting issue:

You have to notify Apple that you no longer have your iphone so it quits getting routed through their system.
    You can do that online now.

https://selfsolve.apple.com/deregister-imessage
    01-03-2015 04:28 PM
    I've been having the same problem with two Moto phones. It has to do with email notifications/ringtones not working randomly, both with the Turbo (the one I have now) and the X (Gen 2). I've verified a ringtone has been set for my corporate (Exchange) email, using the built-in mail app. I've ensured the volume is turned all the way up. I will receive audible notifications sporadically when new emails come in - I have been staring at the phone when two or three new emails arrive, and heave not heard a thing. Then, a few minutes or an hour later, I'll get another email or group of emails, and I'll hear the notification/ringtone, then it will stop again. There does not seem to be a pattern. I do use the phone in my car with Bluetooth on my way to and from the office. However, I don't always get an email on my way in and I don't use the phone to stream music, and I almost never make or receive a call while on Bluetooth on the way into the office and have still noticed the problem.

I like the Turbo and X a lot but I turned in the X thinking the Bluetooth issue would be resolved in switching phones, but it isn't. If it's helpful, I had the issue on the X with 4.4 and upgraded to Lollipop as soon as it was available on the X to see if that would fix it and it did not.

Any assistance or guidance is appreciated!

PS, I just rebooted the phone (I leave Bluetooth off by default) and it was back up for about three minutes... I received an email and no notification/ringtone - didn't even vibrate and it is set to vibrate.
    01-03-2015 08:46 PM
    My previous phone was a Droid 2 on Verizon. A friend of mine had a Metro PC phone and often she said she would get 10, 20 30+ duplicate texts from me. I occasionally got six or a dozen duplicates of hers. It never happened with anyone else, so I'm leaning towards the opinion it might have been the carrier. In the three weeks that I've had this Turbo 64, I have not had the issue come up at either end.
    01-03-2015 09:40 PM
    Got the 64gb ballistic nylon version of the droid turbo on Verizon and I'm pretty disappointed. I've had all sorts of issues come up that I've never had with an android phone before.

1) a lot of my texts either come in REALLY late or dont come at all until I force a refresh of the messaging list. This has been the biggest issue so far.

2) Sometimes the screen will stop responding to touches. I'm sure there is some background process that is running that's blocking it because the touches will be recognized shortly thereafter.

3) Ever since activating Advanced Calling, my phone calls drop a LOT. I end up turning off advanced calling for business calls just so that I can be more confident in the call not dropping. Of course, by doing that, I can't use data while using voice...a blast to 10 years ago.

Just not happy with this phone at all and I wouldn't recommend anybody getting it.
    01-04-2015 11:56 AM
    Got the 64gb ballistic nylon version of the droid turbo on Verizon and I'm pretty disappointed. I've had all sorts of issues come up that I've never had with an android phone before.

1) a lot of my texts either come in REALLY late or dont come at all until I force a refresh of the messaging list. This has been the biggest issue so far.

2) Sometimes the screen will stop responding to touches. I'm sure there is some background process that is running that's blocking it because the touches will be recognized shortly thereafter.

3) Ever since activating Advanced Calling, my phone calls drop a LOT. I end up turning off advanced calling for business calls just so that I can be more confident in the call not dropping. Of course, by doing that, I can't use data while using voice...a blast to 10 years ago.

Just not happy with this phone at all and I wouldn't recommend anybody getting it.
    That's a real shame, especially since that is not the typical user experience with the Turbo. Since you JUST got it, may I suggest a factory reset (since you just got a system update), and trying running with as little extra applications as you can get by with a day or two and see if these symptoms persist? Also, while this may not be related in your case, I know that people migrating from Apple or with Apple using friends often have texting issues upon migrating to Android. There is a thread or two discussing that in the forum as well.
    01-04-2015 12:15 PM
    Not sure if this has already been mentioned on this post or not, but I just ran into a new issue with my Turbo. I know a lot of people have noticed that while connected to a strong wifi signal their phone was also using data. I ran into this issue to the tune of $55 in data overages. I called Verizon to try and get that refunded to my account, which I was successful at in part because I directed the tech support guy to this forum showing it as a known issue. During this call the tech support guy asked to test something with the phone, had me set it in airplane mode and sent me a text, which came through just fine. So I don't know if other people have experienced this same issue, but Mr Tech support seemed a little surprised!
    01-04-2015 11:32 PM
    Does anyone know how to get Facebook to sync your contacts like it did in previous versions
    01-05-2015 05:10 PM
    Does anyone know how to get Facebook to sync your contacts like it did in previous versions
    You need a third party app - either Ubersync or Sync.Me. I believe that most people like Ubersync.

If you have a Mac, you can sync your contacts using a Mac app called Cobook, which can sync Mac contacts with Google contacts and Facebook contacts, if you want to do it that way. The Google contacts will sync down to the phone with FB info.
    01-05-2015 05:13 PM
    I have had my 64 gig turbo for 2 weeks, and when i went to bed last night the thing was working fine. This morning, the screen is totally unresponsive. I can't unlock it, and can't even turn it off and back on from the screen. NOTHING WORKS! Help!
    01-06-2015 09:23 AM
    I have had my 64 gig turbo for 2 weeks, and when i went to bed last night the thing was working fine. This morning, the screen is totally unresponsive. I can't unlock it, and can't even turn it off and back on from the screen. NOTHING WORKS! Help!
    Press and hold the power button for about ten seconds - that should restart it.
    01-06-2015 10:27 AM
    I was looking forward to getting this phone but it appears it wasn't ready for release. too many issues.
    Curious if the "select all" option in the stock email (not gmail) has been put back? How does one clean out the deleted box?
    Is lollipop going to be installed on the turbo soon? Will this correct some of the problems?
    01-06-2015 08:23 PM
    Yes, lollipop will come. As far as email goes just download a better email app......
    01-06-2015 11:33 PM
    sounds like battery is super dead, plug in the turbo charger for about :15 minutes and try it again.

Once it's alive, while plugged into turbo charger, press and hold power button until it shuts off, keep holding till a battery icon appears, it will re-calibrate and should be back to normal. Let it charge to %100 and you're good.
    01-07-2015 09:19 AM
    Yes, lollipop will come. As far as email goes just download a better email app......
    True with another email app but just hate having to clutter (waste space) up a phone with apps that already exist. Its unfortunate they take away such a simple option. I'll wait and see if lollipop restores some of these missing features. If not maybe just wait for next Turbo (2) phone.
    01-07-2015 03:38 PM
    True with another email app but just hate having to clutter (waste space) up a phone with apps that already exist. Its unfortunate they take away such a simple option. I'll wait and see if lollipop restores some of these missing features. If not maybe just wait for next Turbo (2) phone.
    You can sync your email through gmail now. That way you'll be using an app that's already installed.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    cyberr8der likes this.
    01-07-2015 04:52 PM
    You can sync your email through gmail now. That way you'll be using an app that's already installed.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    yea not an ideal way tho. I don't want my email mixed with gmail app. But thanks for the options. I will wait and see if they restore the options and fix other issues i have read about.
    01-07-2015 04:57 PM
    True with another email app but just hate having to clutter (waste space) up a phone with apps that already exist.
    The app K-9 mail is a 3.2 MB download. If you have a 32 GB Turbo, that is less than .01% of the storage space. I guess it will use some data as well, but no more or less than the stock mail app would to store your mail (and presumably you will just delete your account from the stock mail app.)

I think I'd give up so trivial an amount of storage space for an app that does what I want rather than struggling to use one that is inefficient. And if it turns out that the Lollipop mail app adds "select all" (I kind of doubt it will; the stock mail app tends to be getting worse, not better), then you can just delete the third party app and start using the stock mail app again.

You'll lost 3.2 MB - the size of one song, a little less than one photo. Isn't that worth it?
    01-07-2015 05:06 PM
    The app K-9 mail is a 3.2 MB download. If you have a 32 GB Turbo, that is less than .01% of the storage space. I guess it will use some data as well, but no more or less than the stock mail app would to store your mail (and presumably you will just delete your account from the stock mail app.)

I think I'd give up so trivial an amount of storage space for an app that does what I want rather than struggling to use one that is inefficient. And if it turns out that the Lollipop mail app adds "select all" (I kind of doubt it will; the stock mail app tends to be getting worse, not better), then you can just delete the third party app and start using the stock mail app again.

You'll lost 3.2 MB - the size of one song, a little less than one photo. Isn't that worth it?
    mmm I had used K-0 about 5 years ago and found you could only do one account free then it cost for multiple. And it crashed my phone many times.
    Can you do multiple accounts in K9 mail free?
    Does it have notification colors and sounds? I have separate colors and sounds for each account i have.
    Can you filter emails? that would be a great feature as the the stock doesn't fo that.
    01-08-2015 04:36 PM
    Anyone know how to disable visual voicemail. I dont use it and dont wish to. I dont see anything in the all app list to disable. Thank you in advance.
    I think ... you have to call Verizon to do that. I have in the past, just recently in fact. They seem to force the 30 day trial on you. In fact, I missed two important voicemails because this was on!
    01-09-2015 06:19 PM
585 ... 1314151617 ...