03-25-2017 10:58 AM
585 ... 1415161718 ...
tools
    Not sure if this is a phone or OS issue. With 4.2.1 on my Droid Razr Maxx, I could configure the phone to announce the incoming caller's name prior to ringing. On my Turbo running 4.4.4, I can't find that option. Upon an incoming call, it does not announce the name. It just rings, vibrates, etc.

Anyone know how to enable this on the Turbo?

Sent from my Kindle Fire HDX using Tapatalk.
    jesta192 likes this.
    01-09-2015 06:32 PM
    Not sure if this is a phone or OS issue. With 4.2.1 on my Droid Razr Maxx, I could configure the phone to announce the incoming caller's name prior to ringing. On my Turbo running 4.4.4, I can't find that option. Upon an incoming call, it does not announce the name. It just rings, vibrates, etc.

Look under the accessibility settings that's where i set it up on mine.
    01-10-2015 01:00 AM
    Which option in Assessibilities? I don't see anything that would control that.

01-10-2015 10:43 AM
    Which option in Assessibilities? I don't see anything that would control that.

Sorry i was thinking of something else i have it setup to let me answer by voice and read my text when I'm at home.
    01-10-2015 11:42 AM
    Anyone else having problems with bluetooth and wifi? Wifi can lose connection to my home router for no reason occasionally but bluetooth doesn't work with my phone anymore. Says it's connected to the headset but calls still route through the phone and the phone says it's using bluetooth.
    01-10-2015 02:38 PM
    Sorry i was thinking of something else i have it setup to let me answer by voice and read my text when I'm at home.
    Thanks. I hope someone has an answer. I like having the caller's name announced.

01-10-2015 03:55 PM
    I had that with my GS3 before I put CM on it. Might just not be part of the moto rom. I also liked having the auto complete in phone when calling local businesses but that's not here either.
    01-10-2015 03:59 PM
    As of this week my local verizon pulled the phone from sales. There is a new known issue motorola fails to recognize where the phone stops receiving phone calls. Thankfully verizon had dealt with it a few times now and was very helpful. It would shows voicemail from missed calls, make calls, send and receive texts, but would not receive calls any longer. After three trips to Verizon to rectify, they issued me a new phone. Went with droid maxx.
    01-10-2015 10:11 PM

Open the dialer. There is a menu control bottom right. Tap that, then settings.

"Caller ID readout" I believe is what you want.
    01-10-2015 10:18 PM
    Open the dialer. There is a menu control bottom right. Tap that, then settings.

"Caller ID readout" I believe is what you want.
    What your describing is exactly what's on my 4.1.2 Razr MAXX, but missing from my 4.4.4 Droid Turbo. It's bugging the heck out of me, since I really enjoy that feature. Can you confirm whether or not you have that on a 4.4.4 or Turbo phone please? Anyone else that could check or weigh-in, I'd appreciate.
    01-11-2015 08:47 AM
    What your describing is exactly what's on my 4.1.2 Razr MAXX, but missing from my 4.4.4 Droid Turbo. It's bugging the heck out of me, since I really enjoy that feature. Can you confirm whether or not you have that on a 4.4.4 or Turbo phone please? Anyone else that could check or weigh-in, I'd appreciate.
    Sorry, I don't see the feature anywhere either.

Sent from my Droid Turbo using Tapatalk
    01-11-2015 08:59 AM
    Phone restarted itself last night and bluetooth / wifi / mobile (which had all be spotty recently) went down. Wifi wouldn't connect, bluetooth would no longer connect to Android Wear.
    Cleared the cache in recovery and at least wifi and wear are now connected. Bluetooth headset also works again for now. Not sure why this phone has begun eating away at itself.
    01-11-2015 11:22 AM
    You have to turn off Advanced Calling in the Droid Turbo for Wi Fi to turn on automatically after reboot. Otherwise you have to manual enable it.
    01-11-2015 01:52 PM
    You have to turn off Advanced Calling in the Droid Turbo for Wi Fi to turn on automatically after reboot. Otherwise you have to manual enable it.
    I must be misunderstanding what you're trying to say. I always have advanced calling enabled and never have to turn on wifi after a reboot. As long as it was on before the reboot it's on after.
    jesta192 likes this.
    01-11-2015 10:51 PM
    That is not my experience. I eventually took it to the Verizon store for them to observe the behavior. A display Droid Turbo without Advanced Calling worked properly. My did not unless Advanced Calling was turned off.
    01-12-2015 06:03 AM
    I must be misunderstanding what you're trying to say. I always have advanced calling enabled and never have to turn on wifi after a reboot. As long as it was on before the reboot it's on after.
    After reading your post I tried rebooting with advanced calling and wi fi turned on and it worked. I have it set to connect on 2.4 ghz only. When I changed it to connect on either 5 or 2.4 ghz and rebooted then it failed to turn on.

It's like sometimes it works sometimes and sometimes it doesn't. Fwiw, I have it to use only lte/cdma only, and to connect on 2.4 ghz only. I guess I will have to call support which I dread.

Any ideas would be appreciated. Fwiw, the phone I bought had to have the advanced calling update installed on it at the Verizon store. Did your phone come with it installed from the factory or did you have to do it as an update?

Thanks man.
    01-12-2015 07:20 AM
    After reading your post I tried rebooting with advanced calling and wi fi turned on and it worked. I have it set to connect on 2.4 ghz only. When I changed it to connect on either 5 or 2.4 ghz and rebooted then it failed to turn on.

It's like sometimes it works sometimes and sometimes it doesn't. Fwiw, I have it to use only lte/cdma only, and to connect on 2.4 ghz only. I guess I will have to call support which I dread.

Any ideas would be appreciated. Fwiw, the phone I bought had to have the advanced calling update installed on it at the Verizon store. Did your phone come with it installed from the factory or did you have to do it as an update?

Thanks man.
    I did the advanced calling update when it came out and haven't noticed any difference or a need to ever turn WiFi on after a reboot. My Wifi frequency is set to auto and depending on where I am I use both. That being said I don't reboot a whole lot so hard to say that I've tested on both frequencies.
    01-12-2015 10:09 PM
    I did the advanced calling update when it came out and haven't noticed any difference or a need to ever turn WiFi on after a reboot. My Wifi frequency is set to auto and depending on where I am I use both. That being said I don't reboot a whole lot so hard to say that I've tested on both frequencies.
    Thank you for the reply. What is happening appears to be completely random. Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't. Fwiw, I reboot about once a day, generally after it is charged up in the AM.

Also, my calendar won't sync with my hosted exchange email calender. Atm, I sort of wish I had kept my first edition droid razr maxx. Battery was better and it worked flawlessly.
    01-13-2015 06:12 AM
    Thank you for the reply. What is happening appears to be completely random. Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't. Fwiw, I reboot about once a day, generally after it is charged up in the AM.

Also, my calendar won't sync with my hosted exchange email calender. Atm, I sort of wish I had kept my first edition droid razr maxx. Battery was better and it worked flawlessly.
    Might be time to try factory reset and see if that helps. If you still have those issues off of a reset you may want to call Motorola and ask for a replacement.
    01-13-2015 04:37 PM
    Might be time to try factory reset and see if that helps. If you still have those issues off of a reset you may want to call Motorola and ask for a replacement.
    Thanks. I fixed the calendar issue by removing the account and adding it back. Over the wi fi issue for now.
    01-13-2015 04:44 PM
    Has anyone encountered a problem with the lastest update? My friend at Verizon says that the newest update causes problems with the phone and that I shouldn't get it.
    01-13-2015 10:34 PM
    Has anyone encountered a problem with the lastest update?
    You may want to read through this thread first.
    01-13-2015 11:14 PM
    I'm unable to rotate my screen. I checked in settings and I have auto rotate checked. Anyone known how to fix this problem?
    01-14-2015 02:03 PM
    Good day. Having major issue with Droid Turbo 64GB with location prompt. I keep getting a prompted
    "In a previous version of Android, you turned off the ability for Google apps to access your location.

Motorola Droid Turbo: Bugs, quirks, problems and more-screenshot_2015-01-09-15-53-07.jpg

When I press yes or not now it keeps prompting. Even does this for Maps.
    This occurs if either Location is set to ON or OFF.

System version 21.44.8
    Android version 4.4.4

Thank you,
    01-14-2015 04:56 PM
    I got my turbo just over a month ago. The phone itself is great its just that when my phones sitting on the counter sometimes it will play music without anyone touching it. As well as my phone will freeze up and not allow Me to do anything on it. On occation my lock screen won't allow me to put in my code either until I restart the phone. I'm praying these are just bugs. Does anyone know for sure?
    01-15-2015 07:43 AM
585 ... 1415161718 ...