03-25-2017 09:58 AM
585 ... 1920212223 ...
tools
    Just picked up my turbo yesterday (32g ballistic nylon) and this phone is taking some getting used to. I'm coming over from a Samsung GS4. So I've just plugged the phone in for its first-ever charge. I'm doing a regular charge, not a turbo. I let the battery get down nice and low so I can give it a pretty full/max charge. I turned the phone off so that ongoing phone processes and applications wouldn't interfere with or slow the charge, but as soon as I plugged it in, it turned the phone back on. Then, while still plugged in and charging, I turned it off again, and it turned right back on. Can this phone not charge while off? Seems strange, but maybe I don't really need to worry about it? I just like to turn it off sometimes if I'm traveling or not using it or just want it to be able to take a breather. Thoughts? Thanks!

Secondly, on the swipe-down menu, when I toggle over to the view with wi-fi, location, etc., there is a big space with a contact icon (it's in the top left next to the brightness icon). It's clickable, but when I click it, it just says "contact doesn't exist." What's that all about? Who is this contact? Is it supposed to be me? Is it a recent call or text? It seems like wasted space but I'm hoping I just need to change a setting or something to make it more useful.

Also, how do I take a screen shot?

Any other hidden tricks or features with this phone?
    Volume down and power key!
    05-30-2015 06:22 AM
    +1 on the phone turning off randomly and being difficult to turn back on. After shutting off it'll be unresponsive to the power button for about a minute before being able to be turned back on. And when it does turn back on, it sits on the DROID bootup screen for about 5 minutes. Factory reset does nothing.
    06-05-2015 12:58 PM
    I have a new droid turbo. I am having trouble syncing all my music from my computer to the phone. I have 170+ artist on my computer and when I try to upload all of them only 50 will show up. And not the first 50 artists just random ones. I tried to upload them through windows media player or directly through My Computer. I thought it might have been the song files themselves that were bad, so I plugged in my old phone and tried to upload all the artists. All 170 did show up on the phone and all played. I then noticed when i plugged the droid into the windows media player, under the artists tab I found all the artists and songs that didnt show up on my phone are all labeled unknown artist and unknown song. Also everyone of those songs are the same file size as on the computer but all of them have a play length of 0.00. Please help!!!

Posted via the Android Central App
    06-08-2015 01:08 AM
    Me and my parents all have the droid turbo and time warner cable all my friends come over and use Snapchat facebook Instagram and twitter but it doesn't work on the droid turbo anyone know how to fix this?
    I'm having the same issue did you figure anything out
    06-09-2015 10:42 AM
    So I got a Turbo Tuesday. I went to set up Vizual Voice Mail and it's frozen on Set up....please wait. I read where it doesn't work with wi-fi and that is off. I went into Apps and tried to turn it off with no luck. Any suggestions? (yeah I did a search but didn't see anything).
    06-11-2015 02:26 PM
    I figured it out.
    06-11-2015 08:00 PM
    I just got a droid turbo and I'm having issues with the Moto Display. First, when it's on, the phone constantly blinks the time at me even if there are no notifications pending and the phone is left sitting on my desk. Second, when I put the phone in sleep mode, it still lights up to show notifications even though I have the "keep my screen dark" setting turned on. Any ideas? Thanks!
    06-12-2015 02:00 PM
    Just recently started happening, but anytime I get a facebook event invite or certain other random alerts, my phone just starts playing music from my phone... I didn't change anything, this randomly started happening about a week ago and its getting insanely annoying.
    06-12-2015 04:09 PM
    .First, when it's on, the phone constantly blinks the time at me even if there are no notifications pending and the phone is left sitting on my desk.
    This part is by design and normal for moto display. It shouldn't be all that constant; faster at first and then slower blinking as time goes on. I can't comment on your other part, though.
    jesta192 likes this.
    06-12-2015 05:59 PM
    the droid turbo reminds me off the HP computers with all the bloat ware its hard to know what's useful and what's junk, Im just coming off an older phone that had txting phone and internet. when I go to my main page its fine 4 aps and the clock with the weather on it!
    but when I go to the apps page it has about 60 aps really ? who uses all those apps Verizon loads you up with bloat ware as bad as the old HP computers did.
    06-14-2015 11:25 AM
    the droid turbo reminds me off the HP computers with all the bloat ware its hard to know what's useful and what's junk, Im just coming off an older phone that had txting phone and internet. when I go to my main page its fine 4 aps and the clock with the weather on it!
    but when I go to the apps page it has about 60 aps really ? who uses all those apps Verizon loads you up with bloat ware as bad as the old HP computers did.
    You should see the bloat on other phones. The Turbo actually has way less than some and is closer to stock Android. I had a GS4 that was ridiculous with bloat.
    noobsquared likes this.
    06-14-2015 03:58 PM
    question my droid turbo is new and the mic for speak and text does not work at all as well as when i type it lags and is very buggy....suggestions??
    06-15-2015 03:47 PM
    You should see the bloat on other phones. The Turbo actually has way less than some and is closer to stock Android. I had a GS4 that was ridiculous with bloat.
    No kidding! I have tried everything including S6 and G4. G4 is actually dead to me because the bloat made it a different phone. It sucks pretty bad. S6 was okay but you couldn't freeze all bloat. It's not just bloat...it's the mother load of mother bloat on Android phones on Verizon!
    06-29-2015 11:55 AM
    I have the 64 GB Droid Turbo Ballistic Nylon running the new 5.1 SU3TL-38 Lollipop update. Has anyone else had the bug I'm encountering and more importantly have a fix for it? When I get in my car and my phone ringer is on vibrate (happens often) I'll connect through Bluetooth to play music. When I'm driving I realize I don't have the ringer on in case I receive a call. If I go to turn up the ringer volume using the following steps, the volume bar freaks out (goes up one notch, and then back down to zero and the phone vibrates and repeats very rapidly). Thanks ahead of time.

1) Press volume up hard button
    2) Hit bell-shaped icon on the right of the Bluetooth volume bar to switch to phone ringer volume
    3) Try to slide volume bar up and have bug occur.
    07-06-2015 09:37 AM
    Help! I noticed that when I get a Facebook reply or notification, my Droid Turbo vibrates. All my vibrate functions are turned off. Can anybody figure this out?
    07-06-2015 07:08 PM
    Help! I noticed that when I get a Facebook reply or notification, my Droid Turbo vibrates. All my vibrate functions are turned off. Can anybody figure this out?
    In the Facebook notification settings they are turned off? (Open FB, open the right hamburger icon (blue lines, white background), app settings, notifications, vibrate is turned off?)
    07-06-2015 08:37 PM
    All of my audio, including the boot screen is really low. Ringtones, notifications, and anything played over the phone's speaker has dropped dramatically. Called Motorola and wiped the cache, but still the same.
    07-08-2015 04:22 PM
    Hi when I make calls people cannot hear me unless I'm on speaker phone any ideas ??

07-09-2015 01:24 PM
    Using headset??
    07-09-2015 01:41 PM
    Nope just the regular phone I call and nothing I can hear them fine

07-09-2015 01:45 PM
    My back, home and recent app buttons do not work in horizontal mode. Just curious if anyone else is having this issue?
    07-10-2015 08:41 PM
    My Turbo is not picking up bluetooth speakers. I have 2 stand alone, portable bluetooth speakers. My tablet finds and connects to both. My Turbo doesn't find either one. My bluetooth is on and is available for other devices to find. I have android 5.1.

Thanks for the help.
    07-13-2015 12:28 PM
    My phone has stopped showing me the time screen when I approach it. I used to be able to wave and it would show me the time. it no longer does that even though it is turned on in settings.
    07-13-2015 10:42 PM
    Hey is there something I can do on my new Droid Turbo to hide the date and not the time ? I do not like to turn it on with the constant annoying date on there.. I know the moto b.s. but to have it off all the time throughout clicking down from the app screen and turn it off for real? I got this phone a week ago.
    07-15-2015 04:52 PM

Ok I'm not any kind of phone guru so I need serious help! I did the Lollipop update and now my phone keeps shutting down. When it boots it optimizes apps and then shuts off again and won't power back on. The only way I can get a response is to do a hard reset and the afer the DRoid displays for a min or so it goes right back off. I was able to get the menu to pull up and I cleared cache and did a factory reset. And so far nothing it won't do anything without me pressing the volume down and power keys. I have tried with it charging, I have tried with it not charging. (And although not a guru, the phone has 92% battery)

Any ideas?!?!?!?!?!?
    07-18-2015 09:15 AM
585 ... 1920212223 ...