03-25-2017 09:58 AM
585 ... 21222324
tools
    My turbo isn't waking after the screen times out. I have to hold down the power button for several seconds for it to respond. Sometimes it goes into rebooting but gets frozen on the droid screen. When it does start back up it intializes the apps. Flashlight, camera and sensors for moto display aren't working either. I've tried clearing the cache and that did nothing...
    If cache wipe doesn't work then factory reset is best.. After that if you pay Verizon for their insurance monthly call for a FRU
    03-20-2016 09:31 PM
    When Advanced Calling is turned on 3/4 of my incoming phone calls are sent to my Voice Mail after ringing with no notification on my end. Also, aboit 1/2 of my outgoing calls are dropped as soon as someone picks up. HUGE issue for my productivity. HELP
    03-30-2016 04:17 PM
    When Advanced Calling is turned on 3/4 of my incoming phone calls are sent to my Voice Mail after ringing with no notification on my end. Also, aboit 1/2 of my outgoing calls are dropped as soon as someone picks up. HUGE issue for my productivity. HELP
    Do you desperately need advanced calling? If you really do need simultaneous voice and data, you can add a mobile hotspot to your plan (if you're on one of the normal plans these days) for $10 a month using the same data pool and connect the phone to it using wifi. That way you can get voice and data without advanced calling.
    03-30-2016 04:35 PM
    My phone was working when I went to sleep, I set it on the table, and when I woke up, the three icons on the bottom were (and still are) lit up, and the phone is what appears to be powered off. It is completely unresponsive. It did not get wet or suffer a fall. Plugging it into power does nothing, nor does any combination of buttons I tried. The phone is about 4 months old.
    04-02-2016 01:42 AM
    My phone was working when I went to sleep, I set it on the table, and when I woke up, the three icons on the bottom were (and still are) lit up, and the phone is what appears to be powered off. It is completely unresponsive. It did not get wet or suffer a fall. Plugging it into power does nothing, nor does any combination of buttons I tried. The phone is about 4 months old.
    Press and hold the power button until the phone restarts. It should be about 10 seconds, maybe a little longer.
    04-02-2016 06:59 AM
    I finally figured out the fix for group text messages with the date December, 31, 1969 that will not delete.
    Open settings > application manager > select each one of your messenger apps > clear data and clear cache > disable application > restart phone > open the one messenger app you want to use > set as default > erase all messages. They should never come back. If you have more than one messenger on your phone, do this with each application. You have to have the app set as your default to erase the messages so this works. Took me an hour but they're finally gone.
    doogald likes this.
    04-16-2016 11:50 AM
    Hi! Why my droid - not always - makes the incoming calls mute?? Thanks
    04-18-2016 06:03 AM
    My Moto Maxx 32gb doesn't allow me to have a phone conversation. When making or receiving calls, the speakers & mic doesn't seem to work. I can't hear anything, and they can't hear me on the other side either. The speakers and Mic seems to work for everything else that I know of, saying "OK GOOGLE" works, videos and music work, even making calls using whatsapp work like normal.

I tried pairing the device with bluetooth, and using a plugged in headset/mic with same results. No sound when making calls using the stock phone app, but calls are perfectly fine with whatsapp. Note that I have done hard reset, wiped everything clean and tried making calls as if the phone is fresh out of the box with the same results.

My best guest is that this is just a software bug/quirk/issue with the stock phone app. I even tried downloading a few phone dialer apps but they are merely "skins" that still depend on the stock phone to make and take calls - hence same result. Is there a phone dialer app that's fully independent of the stock phone dialer like how whatsapp works?

Has anyone had this issue and got it fixed? Anyone has any ideas what else i should try?
    05-14-2016 12:24 AM
    My Moto Maxx 32gb doesn't allow me to have a phone conversation. When making or receiving calls, the speakers & mic doesn't seem to work. I can't hear anything, and they can't hear me on the other side either. The speakers and Mic seems to work for everything else that I know of, saying "OK GOOGLE" works, videos and music work, even making calls using whatsapp work like normal.

I tried pairing the device with bluetooth, and using a plugged in headset/mic with same results. No sound when making calls using the stock phone app, but calls are perfectly fine with whatsapp. Note that I have done hard reset, wiped everything clean and tried making calls as if the phone is fresh out of the box with the same results.

My best guest is that this is just a software bug/quirk/issue with the stock phone app. I even tried downloading a few phone dialer apps but they are merely "skins" that still depend on the stock phone to make and take calls - hence same result. Is there a phone dialer app that's fully independent of the stock phone dialer like how whatsapp works?

Has anyone had this issue and got it fixed? Anyone has any ideas what else i should try?
    This is a pretty major issue. If a rest doesn't fix it Verizon will tell you to reset the device. Sounds software related so reset will likely work.
    05-14-2016 09:35 PM
    Okay so I got a notification for a system update yesterday and I had a good wifi connection, so I clicked the button that said Install now. And it said shutting down. And when the phone shut down a screen with a little green robot and small words saying the battery thing. And then I turned it on and it said that the update deffered. So I tried again and the same thing happened, but when I turned it on it would keep shutting off with that same screen it repeated until it finally said "Update failed" So what should I do in order to get the update?
    05-20-2016 09:52 AM
    Verizon is clearing out their inventory of the Droid Turbo (original version) for $240. It looks like a darn good deal on a former flagship (3 GB, 32 GB (non-expandable storage - no 64 GB model, Snapdragon 805 @ 2.7 Ghz, 5.2" QHD screen, 21 MP camera (I think it's the same sensor as the Moto X (2014) - good daylight photos, no OIS, not very good in Low Light). I think it would fit a lot of people as their primary phone and would be a nice "backup" to a newer phone (I currently have a LG G4 - which I like but my B/U is Samsung GS4 - getting a little long in the tooth).

What does everyone think about the value of this phone @ $240 or $10 a month on monthly plan (obviously I'm on Verizon)?
    06-07-2016 03:10 PM
    Were you ever able to resolve this? I've had the same issue since I got my phone last year, and it's getting progressively worse...
    06-10-2016 07:48 AM
    my turbo has some problems: 1) When there is an incoming call, the phone - if in standby - doesn't allow to open the call (I have to use the power bottom, unlock, then I can open the call 2) the stock dialer, when scrolling the calls register, is too slow...how to fix these problems? Thank you
    p.s. is there anyone who would sell a droid turbo, brand new, to Italy? Thanks again
    07-18-2016 08:06 AM
    how could I buy the phone? I live in Italy
    07-18-2016 08:08 AM
    I used a charger that has been used in a Samsung that fell in a salty water, The next day my Motorola refused to charge without it switching off. I believe the charger head got wet from the charging port of the Samsung as well. What do I do please?
    07-19-2016 01:32 AM
    Hi! Why my droid, when in standby, doesn't wake up on an incoming call?? I need pressing the power bottom to wake the phone and to answer...please help me! Then, a problem with moto voice; if I try to activate, in settings, accessibility>motovoice, I've no chance to turn on the service...why?? Thanks
    07-25-2016 08:02 AM
    I've had my Droid Turbo since the day is came out, about 21 months ago. A couple times it has started doing weird things that I couldn't solve - after trying everything in all the various settings & apps menus and sub-menus.

One thing always solved my problem(s): FACTORY RESET.

Yes, it takes a while to set everything back up, but in the long run it actually saves time.
    08-02-2016 07:52 PM
    I have a great phone, a Motorola Droid Turbo 2. Great features- one of the best- REALLY rapid charging...

Anyway, suddenly the phone will not give me audio notification of a new text message...I still get the visual notification, but no audio...
    This persists no matter how many times I have reset the audio notification to different sounds..
    I am about to hit "factory reset" but we all know the drawbacks to that, and it is truly a "last resort"
    any ideas?
    thanks
    08-15-2016 07:23 PM
    Have you cleared the cache of your messaging app?

Settings > Apps > All > (your messaging app) > Clear Cache

Sometimes clearing the cache fixing things, sometimes it doesn't. Worth a try...
    08-16-2016 01:44 PM
    Hi! I have a Droid Turbo and have had it for a while now. And now, I received a random notification saying, "Activation Complete" followed by my number. Has this ever happened to anyone else? I'm afraid it might be hacked.
    09-11-2016 06:07 PM
    So you got your new Droid Turbo and you have found a bug, quirk or problem with it. Go ahead and share and try to be as descriptive as possible w/screenshots to help others out in identifying and possibly coming up with a solution.
    Why is it so hard to just get a question asked and answered so it's not your fault is the piece of crap phone I'm trying to yes okay about a month-and-a-half ago I bought a Motorola Droid it's used but but I had no reason to not believe the people that it was just there was nothing wrong with it looks perfect I mean they still have the box every little piece of paper that came with it I mean it had a turbo charger with it right what I thought right off the bat was that it didn't charge any faster than anything else but I was like okay it's used I can deal with it by the way anyway anyway eventually got where it really was barely charging at all, I figured it was the charging port because to me it always seemed a little loose and I said never charged right well I decided one day after me havingit 3 weeks , well it won't charge at all now tried 7 different Chargers that didn't work one repair person told me I should just buy a new phone,w well,it was a new phone to me,obviously if I had a lot of money I would have bought a new phone to begin with,the second repair person said it was probably the the charging port,but it could be the battery and he would not know until he got into the phone and he would not know how much it would be to fix it until he did that,etc,etc,so I have been very upset about this whole thing but I was reading something and a lady said that she was using her wireless charger all the time now because her charge port was loose,so I am just wondering if I could use a wireless charger or whatever it is called, I would at least know if it is the port if it still doesn't charge,right?????
    09-12-2016 02:26 AM
    Please help I am obviously using my talk-to-text on my old phone because my touch screen is going out so I'm kind of desperate please help me thank you
    09-12-2016 02:29 AM
    Just picked up my turbo yesterday (32g ballistic nylon) and this phone is taking some getting used to. I'm coming over from a Samsung GS4. So I've just plugged the phone in for its first-ever charge. I'm doing a regular charge, not a turbo. I let the battery get down nice and low so I can give it a pretty full/max charge. I turned the phone off so that ongoing phone processes and applications wouldn't interfere with or slow the charge, but as soon as I plugged it in, it turned the phone back on. Then, while still plugged in and charging, I turned it off again, and it turned right back on. Can this phone not charge while off? Seems strange, but maybe I don't really need to worry about it? I just like to turn it off sometimes if I'm traveling or not using it or just want it to be able to take a breather. Thoughts? Thanks!

Secondly, on the swipe-down menu, when I toggle over to the view with wi-fi, location, etc., there is a big space with a contact icon (it's in the top left next to the brightness icon). It's clickable, but when I click it, it just says "contact doesn't exist." What's that all about? Who is this contact? Is it supposed to be me? Is it a recent call or text? It seems like wasted space but I'm hoping I just need to change a setting or something to make it more useful.

Also, how do I take a screen shot?

Any other hidden tricks or features with this phone?
    09-12-2016 02:37 AM
    Just picked up my turbo yesterday (32g ballistic nylon) and this phone is taking some getting used to. I'm coming over from a Samsung GS4. So I've just plugged the phone in for its first-ever charge. I'm doing a regular charge, not a turbo. I let the battery get down nice and low so I can give it a pretty full/max charge. I turned the phone off so that ongoing phone processes and applications wouldn't interfere with or slow the charge, but as soon as I plugged it in, it turned the phone back on. Then, while still plugged in and charging, I turned it off again, and it turned right back on. Can this phone not charge while off? Seems strange, but maybe I don't really need to worry about it? I just like to turn it off sometimes if I'm traveling or not using it or just want it to be able to take a breather. Thoughts? Thanks!

Secondly, on the swipe-down menu, when I toggle over to the view with wi-fi, location, etc., there is a big space with a contact icon (it's in the top left next to the brightness icon). It's clickable, but when I click it, it just says "contact doesn't exist." What's that all about? Who is this contact? Is it supposed to be me? Is it a recent call or text? It seems like wasted space but I'm hoping I just need to change a setting or something to make it more useful.

Also, how do I take a screen shot?

Any other hidden tricks or features with this phone?
    09-12-2016 02:38 AM
    First of all, please talk in sentences. That is hard to read.

Why is it so hard to just get a question asked and answered so it's not your fault is the piece of crap phone I'm trying to yes okay about a month-and-a-half ago I bought a Motorola Droid it's used
    Used is always risky.

so I am just wondering if I could use a wireless charger or whatever it is called, I would at least know if it is the port if it still doesn't charge,right?????
    Sure, that should work. Go to a Verizon wireless store, say that you're interested in trying out a qi charger, and see if it charges your phone. As long as you can live without attaching your phone by USB (I can), qi charging is a good workaround.

Otherwise you may have to think about trying a different phone.
    09-12-2016 07:51 AM
585 ... 21222324