03-25-2017 10:58 AM
585 ... 45678 ...
tools
    yup, me too. took me a little while to realise why too.
    11-06-2014 04:59 PM
    Took me 3 days but noticed my Turbo out of the took was on English (UK). I kept wondering why some words auto corrected differently and why Amazon music wanted payment in £.

Its just a little quirk, anyone else have this?
    Yes, took me a little while to realise what was going on...
    11-06-2014 05:01 PM
    A week into having my Turbo, the dang thing decided to stop charging! Nothing was recognized in the USB port whatsoever. Fortunately its battery is fat enough to last me through two work days so I could get it replaced tonight at the Verizon store (even let me keep the second turbo charger).
    11-06-2014 09:42 PM
    I ran across a transitory wi-fi bug yesterday, where the phone would unexpectedly drop the wi-fi signal on the property and switch to 4G. An adjunct issue, more reproducible, is that the phone always wants to lock onto one of the most distant WDS nodes instead of a closer, stronger one, even when I tell it to 'forget' that node.

With the disconnection problem, the phone would show no access points within range; however, if I switched wi-fi off in the settings area, then back on, it immediately picked up an access point, though sometimes a weaker one. This happened for a number of iterations then went away. During that time, I tried to duplicate the issue with other computers on the property but couldn't reproduce it. Everything worked fine, other than the phone.

The next thing I'll do is test at remote sites where there is only one access point. Perhaps my WDS is confusing the phone and I need to clean it up a bit. Never has been a problem with computers here so IDK.

During the issue I did see how easy it is to burn through 4G data, even without data-intensive processes like video streaming.

If I can reproduce the issue, I'll post up screenshots of the settings matrix and results to see if it's something in the phone or something I'm doing wrong.
    11-07-2014 09:57 AM
    Thanks, trying it now. After playing around with it last night, it seems to be recalibrating slowly and acting better today, but still not perfect. The soft reset didn't fix it for me. It seemed to help a little, but definitely not fixed. Hopefully this was a one time glitch and all will be well after this. It says it's a 100% now, but I'll leave it for a couple hours as suggested.
    Powered off overnight after running the battery down and left it on the turbo charger for the night. All seems good today, from 6:30-2:00 I'm still at 88%. I'm thinking the glitch may have been caused by the wireless charger...possibly not lined up right? Haven't tried it since, but will go back to wireless charging this weekend.
    11-07-2014 02:06 PM
    Screen shot function will not work.

Keeps just turning the volume down..... anyone else having this problem?

I've tried multiple times.... so annoying

Driod 64 gb Black nylon
    11-07-2014 03:46 PM
    Works fine for me. You have to hit the power and down volume at the exact same time.
    11-07-2014 04:02 PM
    Screen shot function will not work.

Keeps just turning the volume down..... anyone else having this problem?

I've tried multiple times.... so annoying

Driod 64 gb Black nylon
    I know what you mean...when I got my Moto X I did the same thing.
    You have to "practice". It takes time but you'll get the 'knack'.
    11-07-2014 04:18 PM
    Firedogee or anyone with the Ballistic Nylon back :

How is the back holding up as far as any fraying of material is concerned? Any areas that look to potentially start to unravel ?
    11-07-2014 04:22 PM
    No fraying on mine. I use no case or cover and keep in front pants pocket.

I can get a pop or two out of it if I press hard around the logo at the bottom but that seems to be very common and something I would not have noticed unless someone not pointed it out.

It being the only 64GB model made it an easy decision. The OS, my apps and 2600 songs took it to 31 GB. I have very few pictures and no video. The OS is 11.7 GB- who knows how much 5.0 will take...
    11-07-2014 04:43 PM
    For all Motorola Turbo owners:

I highly recommend signing up at Motorola's Feedback Network to participate in reporting bugs and issues with your phone. Link below..

https://forums.motorola.com/posts/2a3b60da53
    11-07-2014 06:31 PM
    I have the phone for one week all of a sudden Im only getting 2 hours of battery life. On phone with tech support for hours today resolution Im getting new phone
    11-07-2014 06:37 PM
    I have the 64gb Ballistic Nylon and I notice a small amount of fraying around the camera. My phone is not in a case but I am very careful with it. I am concerned of what it will look like if it is already coming apart.

If the smooth back came in 64gb I would have gotten that and I prefer that back.
    11-07-2014 06:38 PM
    I've only had mine since Saturday and have the fraying around the camera, both leds and the round Motorola logo. I baby my devices so this is a bit worrisome. The frays are all of white thread. I actually took a little black marker and just touched the ends of each thread and now you can't see them.
    11-07-2014 06:45 PM
    For all Motorola Turbo owners:

I highly recommend signing up at Motorola's Feedback Network to participate in reporting bugs and issues with your phone. Link below..

https://forums.motorola.com/posts/2a3b60da53
    Was already a member. Thanks for the reminder to update. Should be one of first to get Lollypop.
    11-07-2014 07:49 PM
    Has anyone had any experience with returning the device in store due to a screen issue? I mentioned mine a few pages back (top quarter is warmer than rest of screen) but I am worried VZW will give me the run around when I bring it in the store for an exchange. I can replicate the issue on a screen tester app so that gives me some hope.
    Just to follow up on this post...

So I brought the phone back to the corporate store I bought it at. The sales associate swore she couldn't see my issue, and then proceeded to attempt to explain to me how the screen issue I was perceiving was "apart of the phone's theme"... Yeah, right. She didn't really give me an option to exchange the phone for a new replacement but she did say if it's still an issue in the next week to bring it back and reevaluate the issue. To be fair, the screen blemish is extremely feint and you really have to get it in the correct lighting/color scheme to see it, but it's definitely there. I'm not crazy.

To top that all off, I went to buy the Otterbox Commuter case and she somehow swapped the Incipio case inside the Otterbox box so I got the wrong case.. Thankfully the Incipio case isn't half bad and since I don't really have the patience to go back to exchange it, I'm keeping it. Oh well. It could have been worse I guess.

I'll likely exchange the phone next week though. I'm definitely not insane. The screen issue IS there.
    11-07-2014 09:06 PM
    Anyone else getting horribly distorted sound from the speaker? Yes I've already disabled the audio effects, but it's still super muddled and crackling. And it's far from max volume.
    11-08-2014 01:42 AM
    Someone had this issue because they left the protective plastic on the phone...
    11-08-2014 10:08 AM
    Anyone else getting horribly distorted sound from the speaker? Yes I've already disabled the audio effects, but it's still super muddled and crackling. And it's far from max volume.
    I've experienced this. It's not horrible, but noticeable. Turning down whatever the volume is set to works for me.

Sent from my Droid Turbo using Tapatalk
    11-08-2014 10:12 AM
    Anyone noticing WiFi not connecting in any sort of timely manner to a known network? I am having to go into settings before it connects to my home network, over a matter of a few minutes.

Posted via the Android Central App
    11-08-2014 12:38 PM
    Took me 3 days but noticed my Turbo out of the box was on English (UK). I kept wondering why some words auto corrected differently and why Amazon music wanted payment in £.

Its just a little quirk, anyone else have this?
    Had the same problem with my 2013 Moto X! I was getting so frustrated with the Amazon app!

Sent from my Moto X
    11-08-2014 04:12 PM
    Just find a spot with no apps and touch, You will seen the pages shrink and you can see the widgets, Then press on one of the screen like you are moving an app and put it where you want it. Note there are 6 screens so the middle is only avilable is you only use 5 of them.
    11-09-2014 10:10 PM
    Basic Visual Voicemail is now free for select phones. Since 3G and 1x are going away in the next few years all customers are going to migrate to this new voicemail system. If you call customer service you can change back to the old system until the migration takes place.

Posted via the Android Central App
    11-10-2014 04:37 PM
    Don't believe this is a problem, but would be curious if anyone knows how to make this work. When I say "OK, Google", then give it my address, it brings up my address in the map application. So far so good. So then I tried "OK Google, navigate to" my address. It then immediately brought up maps and started navigation running with no further required input. So far so good. Then I thought I would try to navigate to a different address. Instead of just issuing the "navigate to" command again, I tried "OK Google, exit navigation". I though that might work, but it just brought up a web search for "exit navigation" instead of exiting navigation like I thought it might.

BTW, is there another forum somewhere where the capabilities of "OK Google" are discussed?

RT420
    11-10-2014 05:46 PM
    Don't believe this is a problem, but would be curious if anyone knows how to make this work. When I say "OK, Google", then give it my address, it brings up my address in the map application. So far so good. So then I tried "OK Google, navigate to" my address. It then immediately brought up maps and started navigation running with no further required input. So far so good. Then I thought I would try to navigate to a different address. Instead of just issuing the "navigate to" command again, I tried "OK Google, exit navigation". I though that might work, but it just brought up a web search for "exit navigation" instead of exiting navigation like I thought it might.

BTW, is there another forum somewhere where the capabilities of "OK Google" are discussed?

RT420
    Well there is, but I'm unable to post a link to it since I don't have 10 posts. Search for "list of Google now voice commands". On the phandroid site.

RT420

P.S. Loving the phone so far. I have the ballistic nylon. Is it possible that those seeing wear on the nylon are really seeing pocket lint and stray fibers just getting picked up and attached to the cover?
    11-10-2014 06:06 PM
585 ... 45678 ...