03-25-2017 09:58 AM
585 ... 56789 ...
tools
    I'm having Bluetooth issues. The Bluetooth connection randomly drops when in my car.
    11-10-2014 11:53 PM
    P.S. Loving the phone so far. I have the ballistic nylon. Is it possible that those seeing wear on the nylon are really seeing pocket lint and stray fibers just getting picked up and attached to the cover?[/QUOTE]

I think so
    11-11-2014 08:05 AM
    I've had some Moto phones that are picky about the cord you're using. Sometimes using other USB cords can cause the boot-up you described. If this is happening with the supplied charger, consider swapping out.
    11-11-2014 03:14 PM
    Hey guys...im new so i apologize for anything. In advance lol but this has been frustrating the crap out of me since i got my Turbo a few days ago, Friday.....Big issue with the touchscreen's sensitivity =(..when I try to drag ANYthing, it gives me a heck of a time and rarely works..its almost seems like things don't want to move and persistently jump back to their prior positions as if hitting a wall when I try to move them. Its everything too, moving apps around, in-game actions, scrolling on websites, etc etc ...you name it, if it needs to be dragged, it doesn't work =( also,just trying to click on something in general, sometimes I have to touch the icon/button/etc a ridiculous amount of times before it does anything...i had put an average screen protector on before i had initially used the phone, andd thought maybe it had something to do with that...but just a bit ago j removed the screen protector to see if it got better, and unfortunately it didn't make any difference =( Thats when. I decided to scroll thru n read each post in this thread hoping I'd see something pertaining to my issue with this, and there wasn't much, if anything...but does anyone else find this is happening to them? Or maybe something is potentially wrong with this piece? =\ I've tried a lot in attempt to fix this....but I'm not the most knowledgeable on successfully fixing technical things lol =\
    11-11-2014 05:33 PM
    Hey guys...im new so i apologize for anything. In advance lol but this has been frustrating the crap out of me since i got my Turbo a few days ago, Friday.....Big issue with the touchscreen's sensitivity =(..when I try to drag ANYthing, it gives me a heck of a time and rarely works..its almost seems like things don't want to move and persistently jump back to their prior positions as if hitting a wall when I try to move them. Its everything too, moving apps around, in-game actions, scrolling on websites, etc etc ...you name it, if it needs to be dragged, it doesn't work =( also,just trying to click on something in general, sometimes I have to touch the icon/button/etc a ridiculous amount of times before it does anything...i had put an average screen protector on before i had initially used the phone, andd thought maybe it had something to do with that...but just a bit ago j removed the screen protector to see if it got better, and unfortunately it didn't make any difference =( Thats when. I decided to scroll thru n read each post in this thread hoping I'd see something pertaining to my issue with this, and there wasn't much, if anything...but does anyone else find this is happening to them? Or maybe something is potentially wrong with this piece? =\ I've tried a lot in attempt to fix this....but I'm not the most knowledgeable on successfully fixing technical things lol =\
    This sounds like a hardware problem to me. I would probably do a complete factory reset myself. This is definitely not remotely normal though either way.
    11-11-2014 06:12 PM
    Sounds like you received a DOA phone. Just bring it back to a VZ Corporate Store and return it for a brand new one (not a refurb). Even if you are outside of the 14 day window, you should be able to get a new one as this is a hardware defect.
    Sarah Thrash likes this.
    11-11-2014 06:31 PM
    Thats what I was afraid of =\ So there's probably nothing i missed as far as a way to adjust anything with settings or whatnot?
    11-11-2014 08:14 PM
    Mine was replaced for a lesser screen issue (still sensitivity related). I would drag the ring down one the unlock screen and before I would get to the bottom it would 'let go' of the touch from my finger and snap back to its original position. Very intermittent but it happened occasionally. They swapped out for a new one (not refurb) and there is slight fraying of the nylon near the camera
    Sarah Thrash likes this.
    11-11-2014 08:14 PM
    Mine was replaced for a lesser screen issue (still sensitivity related). I would drag the ring down one the unlock screen and before I would get to the bottom it would 'let go' of the touch from my finger and snap back to its original position. Very intermittent but it happened occasionally. They swapped out for a new one (not refurb) and there is slight fraying of the nylon near the camera
    The fraying, as explained in other posts, is inherent to the cutting of the fabric. I am willing to bet 99 out of 100 Turbos have some frayed edge in any one of numerous places on the phone. Ballistic nylon is a strong fabric that can hold up to quite a high level of abuse. The fraying should not get worse nor spread.

If the frayed edges bug you that much, you can probably heat the tip of a pin and melt it down/off, but I don't think it is worth the trouble.
    Masheen likes this.
    11-11-2014 08:55 PM
    I think my Turbo committed suicide yesterday. I was reading an article and the screen split in half (vertically) and the right side started scrolling out of control. After a couple minutes the phone shut down and tried to reboot but the screen was still split and it couldn't (or wouldn't reboot). It continued to try to reboot every 60 seconds until the battery finally died. Anyone seen anything like this before?
    11-12-2014 08:51 AM
    The fraying, as explained in other posts, is inherent to the cutting of the fabric. I am willing to bet 99 out of 100 Turbos have some frayed edge in any one of numerous places on the phone. Ballistic nylon is a strong fabric that can hold up to quite a high level of abuse. The fraying should not get worse nor spread.

If the frayed edges bug you that much, you can probably heat the tip of a pin and melt it down/off, but I don't think it is worth the trouble.
    It's fabric. fabric never stays perfect n doesn't always come perfect...Thats just common sense (not directing this towards anyone..) I have the nylon one too.....no fraying but wouldn't care anyway.....Thats what cases are for... Lmao
    11-12-2014 09:13 AM
    I think my Turbo committed suicide yesterday. I was reading an article and the screen split in half (vertically) and the right side started scrolling out of control. After a couple minutes the phone shut down and tried to reboot but the screen was still split and it couldn't (or wouldn't reboot). It continued to try to reboot every 60 seconds until the battery finally died. Anyone seen anything like this before?
    Hmm, yeah, could be a defect but hard to know without diagnostics. Did you take the software upgrade and do you have third party apps on the phone?

Here's one diagnostic you can try, if not already done:

https://motorola-global-portal.custh...p/30,6720,9277
    11-12-2014 11:49 AM
    The only issue that's been bugging me is it won't stay connected to one of my Bluetooth headsets. It will stay connected just fine to my Motorola S305 headset but with my Kinivo BTH240, it drops it and the headset goes to sleep. It's like it doesn't keep communicating the "still there?" between the devices. If I turn music on, it will stay connected, but not if it's not actively doing anything. Both headsets worked great on my Note 2 just a small annoyance now.

Oh, I also wish they would allow us to decrease the sensitivity on the sensors as where I have my car stand every time I move my hand, or the steering wheel, the display turns on.
    11-12-2014 03:21 PM
    4g connection but sometimes get error saying "text failed", the struggle is real!

Using textra

Vrrroooom pssshhh! *Droid Turbo posting sound*
    11-12-2014 04:00 PM
    4g connection but sometimes get error saying "text failed", the struggle is real!

Using textra

Vrrroooom pssshhh! *Droid Turbo posting sound*
    That's been happening to me with the normal messaging app. Not sure what it is, it seems pretty random.
    11-12-2014 07:28 PM
    I've seen strange screen issues while Turbo Charging and using the display at the same time. Almost like the screen is being affected and distorted by the high current coming from the Turbo Charger.

Posted via the Android Central App
    11-12-2014 10:18 PM
    I like to use the Press Power Button to end call feature found in the Accessibility settings. However, when i'm on a call and the screen display times out and goes black I can't figure out a way to turn the screen on without hitting the power button, which ends the call. I tried pressing the volume buttons to turn the display on while on a call, but nothing happens.

It's no problem so long as the screen doesn't time out, because the display comes on when you pull the phone away from your ear. But if the screen display times out you cannot turn the display back on without ending the call.

Sorry if this is a repost.
    11-13-2014 10:03 AM
    Yes that is how you take a screen shot with the turbo.
    The only thing I have found is when you push the home button while in an app it goes back to the previous screen and you have to push again to get to home screen. I also can't find HD calling that is supposed to be on the phone. I had it working on the MAXX>
    My phone does absolutely nothing when I hit my home button I thought I could just go into my settings and change my home buttons preferences but I can't seem to find any of those options. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 64 GB droid turbo
    11-13-2014 09:25 PM
    does anyone know of any volume booster apps for the turbo?i have went thru 10 at least and not a single one works .I had volume + on my razr maxx but I upgraded to the turbo and it does not work .the dev said there was nothing he could do to allow it to work.
    11-13-2014 09:45 PM
    did that I cant really tell s difference.
    11-14-2014 01:53 AM
    My phone does absolutely nothing when I hit my home button I thought I could just go into my settings and change my home buttons preferences but I can't seem to find any of those options. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 64 GB droid turbo
    If you are talking about double tapping the home button to open a specific app that is under accessibility. I use it as a shortcut to the camera. Not sure if thats what you meant or not.
    11-14-2014 05:39 PM
    I have the Droid Turbo Nylon Stockings 64 gb version. After reading this, I started pressing on the back on that nylon material and it does make a little sound. I don't think it's an issue. I think it's just the type of material. It has a little "give" if you press hard on it, but doesn't seem like it will separate or crack. I always roll with a case so it's a complete non issue for me. I highly doubt this will ruin anyone's phone.
    i had the issue with my turbo 64gb model and the back of my unit was also making click sounds when i press in on the back of the phone. i took my unit to a vzw store. the apologized for the issue and immediately grabbed a new one from the back. No problems so far with the new unit.
    11-14-2014 10:53 PM
    On my second one. Had 1st one week then it start going to zero battery after 2 hours. I plug it in and 15 mins. later, full charge. . Now this one drains to zero in 15 mins. I plug it in, 1 to 2 mins later, it tells me it's fully charged. Nice, huh?
    11-16-2014 01:02 AM
    On my second one. Had 1st one week then it start going to zero battery after 2 hours. I plug it in and 15 mins. later, full charge. . Now this one drains to zero in 15 mins. I plug it in, 1 to 2 mins later, it tells me it's fully charged. Nice, huh?
    That is strange. I haven't had any battery issues. I can kill it fast but I use the hell out if it. Like 8-10 hours screen time s day.

Posted via the Android Central App
    Photoguy505 likes this.
    11-16-2014 05:45 AM
    Google turned off Facebok sync to Android contacts in the Nexus program a couple of years ago because Facebook refused to allow FB contact data to be exported out of the phone. Apparently other OEMs figured out a workaround, but Motorola follows what Google decided with the Nexus program.

There are apps that allow Facebook contact sync - Ubersync or Sync.Me.
    11-16-2014 05:46 AM
585 ... 56789 ...