03-25-2017 10:58 AM
585 ... 678910 ...
tools

2. No mhl support? I watched movies on my TV with the [redacted] app all the time connected with my mhl adapter. Now I can't?!? I've ordered a push2tv and the micro USB to HDMI cable off the Motorola website to try and find a solution. Any help is appreciated.

3. Maybe its just me but I always use the stock browser on the phone. This phone doesn't have one! Dolphin browser has been my best solution to date.

4. Anyone else have their screen start freaking out on them? Like just keeps going from home to the open apps screen and back all by itself?...

Posted via the Android Central App
    "2" I was initially perturbed by the lack of mhl, but then I realized, I never used it on my other phones or tablets despite having purchased multiple cable adapters and extensions. I got a killer deal on a Rocketfish Miracast video receiver from best buy earlier in the year $22.00). I think Amazon has them for $29 right now which isn't bad for a Miracast that works (Miracast used to be so flaky, but is getting better with maturity). The Rocketfish works with my Suface Pro 3 and Turbo, and with its small size doesn't really take up much more room than the videa adapters for mhl.

"3" Yeah, most phone have a browser that is not chrome that is their stock browser. Turbo has google as their stock browser. I don't hate, but I don't love it. I also feel like Firefox is a bit of space hog. I'm currently test CM Browser and Baidu Browser (http://forums.androidcentral.com/mot...ml#post4036726). So far, I like the lighter feel of CM. Read the other suggestions on that thread for an alternate browser you may like.

"4" I haven't had my whole screen freak out, but I have had sections display a gray rectangle in my photo browsing widget. I attribute it to a widget bug or incompatibility with the phone. It's random, and seldom, so I ignore it. That particular problem may resolvable via factory reset (I know, I hate those two words also).

(Edited OP's original post for brevity)

Edit: Amazon only has used version. Looks like the model I got was discontinued, thus the deal price.
    11-16-2014 07:18 AM
    This phone is a dream with Nova Launcher on it....I second that suggestion.
    11-16-2014 09:25 AM
    I have the 64gb Ballistic Nylon and I notice a small amount of fraying around the camera. My phone is not in a case but I am very careful with it. I am concerned of what it will look like if it is already coming apart.

If the smooth back came in 64gb I would have gotten that and I prefer that back.
    I did the opposite...I got the smooth back and settled for the 32 gigs...wish they made it in 64 because $50 extra is a good deal. I didn't want the BN because I could see future problems with it. I think for me the 32 model will ultimately be enough. The BN display model in the Verizon store had a gap between the casing and the lower screen and I couldn't help thinking it was due to the BN and the slight inconsistency that inherently comes with it.
    11-16-2014 09:38 AM
    On my second one. Had 1st one week then it start going to zero battery after 2 hours. I plug it in and 15 mins. later, full charge. . Now this one drains to zero in 15 mins. I plug it in, 1 to 2 mins later, it tells me it's fully charged. Nice, huh?
    Sounds like your battery meter is not calibrated to your battery. You might want to do this at night, while you sleep. Run your battery down to under 10%. Power it completely off. Connect your phone to your charger. Charge overnight. Turn on phone in the morning and see if problem is resolved.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    11-16-2014 10:38 AM
    Mine's kind of buggy. My house is a bit of a dead zone but my HTC droid DNA had no trouble. Now I can't send texts to some people and it won't set up visual voice mail - oddly my last Motorola phone some five years ago had similar issues.
    11-16-2014 10:52 AM
    My Launcher3 app freezes the screen after the charger is engaged. Powering off is the only way to unlock the freeze. Alternatives?
    11-16-2014 12:45 PM
    Really digging the NOVA launcher on the Droid Turbo.
    11-16-2014 06:45 PM
    Is the NOVA launcher a replacement for the Launcher3? I believe this is the stock launcher, and can be disabled with the NOVA?
    11-16-2014 07:02 PM
    Apex Launcher is a great one too.
    Robert Jordan1 likes this.
    11-16-2014 07:30 PM
    My Launcher3 app freezes the screen after the charger is engaged. Powering off is the only way to unlock the freeze. Alternatives?
    If you like the design of the stock launcher, the Google Now launcher is almost exactly the same, with the added benefit of Google Now being in a swipe to the right from the default home screen.
    Robert Jordan1 likes this.
    11-16-2014 07:51 PM
    The only bugs/problems I've experienced so far were regarding the speakerphone/call volume issues, now solved not only by disabling the EQ in audio settings, but by disabling the Private Call volume whatever it is called in the Phone Dialer app.... really made a HUGE difference.
    11-16-2014 08:13 PM
    I've had my Droid Turbo for about a week. Tonight, I had it plugged into the charger when suddenly it vibrated briefly then played about eight seconds of strange music. I unplugged it. It keeps going through the same cycle every 55 seconds. Silence, vibrate, strange music. I tried shutting it off by pressing the power and volume down keys. No change. I tried pressing power and volume up together. No change. It's been running through the buzz-music cycle for about a half hour. It's Sunday evening so I can't go to a Verizon store, and I don't have another phone to call Verizon for help. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated! This feels like an episode of the Twilight Zone!
    11-16-2014 08:32 PM
    It sounds like you have an app that's trying to notify you of something.
    11-17-2014 08:03 AM
    By the way, you restart by long pressing power, for about 10 seconds. Or, of course, Long press power to bring up the dialog and touch "power off".
    11-17-2014 08:04 AM
    Anyone having problems with the phone going to black. Its been doing this at least twice a day. Can't figure out why, and have to power off and back on to get screen back. Afraid that eventually it won't come back.
    11-17-2014 01:10 PM
    Anyone having problems with the phone going to black. Its been doing this at least twice a day. Can't figure out why, and have to power off and back on to get screen back. Afraid that eventually it won't come back.
    Melissa, does this ever happen when you're on a call? I've had this happen 4 times in the two weeks I've had the turbo but always while in a call. I have to restart to get anything to work.
    11-17-2014 02:19 PM
    I've had the phone since morning of day one. I only just noticed a small bump in the ballistic nylon like something is poking into the back cover and pushing it out. It is not easy to see but I can feel it.

The bump is on the right edge (looking at rear of phone) just as the back rounds off to meet the edge. It is midway between the camera and Moto logo, on the right edge as I mentioned.

I have not dropped or otherwise caused any impact or physical stress to the phone.

Anyone else have this bump?
    11-17-2014 07:53 PM
    I don't have any bump like you describe.
    sullywagon likes this.
    11-17-2014 08:12 PM
    Anyone else getting horribly distorted sound from the speaker? Yes I've already disabled the audio effects, but it's still super muddled and crackling. And it's far from max volume.
    I have distortion on mine. Wondering how many other people still. Thinking about swapping the phone out

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    11-18-2014 02:31 PM
    My recent apps button does not light properly, the top right corner is very dim compared to the rest of the button/other buttons.. I really want to take it in and ask about it, but I feel like they will be annoyed for me bringing it in for something so small. but it does bother me that it doesn't light all the way.
    11-18-2014 03:02 PM
    IS there any way to link the ringtone and alert notifications sounds? If I want one loud, I generally want the other as well and I can't find a way to control both with the volume buttons.
    11-19-2014 12:31 AM
    I too am experiencing the black screen. Once randomly unlocking and then the last two mornings after unplugging trying to unlock - swiping down not up to notifications - and the black screen appears. Have to hold power button for 10 seconds to reboot.
    11-19-2014 01:55 PM
    I've noticed that active notifications messes with google voice actions while plugged in. It will hear and react to "Ok, Google" but won't do / show anything until the active notification is unlocked.
    11-19-2014 02:00 PM
    Three things:

1) I was also having the issue where the contact card in the quick settings panel was empty. I originally tried setting up "my contact" in the contact list but it was a local contact (no G+, etc). I fixed it so it linked in m G+ profile and added a contact image by going into the G+ app and checking the box to synch G+ contacts into my contact list.

2) Any photos I take and then send to a friend via the hangouts app get duplicated in my photo gallery

3) People are reporting some severe echo when I'm on speaker phone
    11-19-2014 03:44 PM
    The only bugs/problems I've experienced so far were regarding the speakerphone/call volume issues, now solved not only by disabling the EQ in audio settings, but by disabling the Private Call volume whatever it is called in the Phone Dialer app.... really made a HUGE difference.
    I don't think voice privacy has anything to do with volume, it is encryption to the cell tower.
    Masheen likes this.
    11-19-2014 06:36 PM
585 ... 678910 ...