Motorola Droid Turbo: Bugs, quirks, problems and more

Deron Baker

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
I actually just started a thread about this. I have the 64GB ballistic nylon and the back is making a creaking/click sound when I press in certain areas...as if it's separating. You can actually feel a little space between the back and the body of the phone in those areas. The more I think about this the more I think I need to head in for an exchange....sigh...
I have the Droid Turbo Nylon Stockings 64 gb version. After reading this, I started pressing on the back on that nylon material and it does make a little sound. I don't think it's an issue. I think it's just the type of material. It has a little "give" if you press hard on it, but doesn't seem like it will separate or crack. I always roll with a case so it's a complete non issue for me. I highly doubt this will ruin anyone's phone.

Abigail Fay

Nov 1, 2014
Visit site
What happens if your alarm goes off and you are scrolling twitter. Can you snooze or dismiss? I can't do either. And yes, I wish the alarm options were better. Pre and ascending options please.

pwrdbykyank

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
Thats probably because of the adhesive on the back housing inside that holds the housing to the battery and the wireless charging pad inside. I took it apart and posted a video on youtube for people to see. Try pressing down on the back and hold it for 10 seconds to try and get the adhesive to stick better.

pwrdbykyank

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
Try removing the account or restoring the phone and set it up again. Same thing happened for my moms but hers the calender wouldnt load.

jesta192

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
For anyone trying, for the first 18 hours or so, hotspot wasn't working for me, but then it worked fine. Maybe an activation delay?

Nov 2, 2014
Visit site
I just got the droid turbo what are some good quality volume boosters?i don't mind paying for a volume booster app as long as it works.i had volume+booster which worked perfect on my Motorola maxx but it no longer works on my turbo.also how do I get all my txts/photos call logs from my maxx to my turbo.the Verizon guy said I could migrate.any all help is greatly appreciated,also why did google do away with the blue coloring of the time,etc.I hate the white effect on the time and 3g/4g signals.ive had this phone less than 36 hours and to be honest im not really impressed,im glad vzw is giving me 2 weeks to decide if I want to keep I or not.

dungoyle

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
You need to go to your account management page on verizonwireless.com and change back to standard voice mail. You can't change in the app on the phone.
I miss visual voice mail on Sprint which was free. I miss it, but I'm not paying extra for it. It's bad enough I have to $15 a month for access to Good Messaging (also free on Sprint). /rant

dungoyle

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
Just came from the Droid Maxx and its default home screen was always the center one.

Is there any way on the Turbo to do the same? As of now the left-most screen is the default when I press the home key.

I couldn't find anything in settings, and I too am used to the center screen being "home". That was one of the niggling factors that pushed me back to the Apex launcher -- infinitely more customizable than any other factory launcher, and resource friendly. Nova launcher is another good alternative. They both have free versions. I own the paid version of both, but prefer Apex.

Rogus

May 1, 2012
Visit site
I miss visual voice mail on Sprint which was free. I miss it, but I'm not paying extra for it. It's bad enough I have to $15 a month for access to Good Messaging (also free on Sprint). /rant

Basic visual voice mail is free on the Turbo.

dungoyle

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
Basic visual voice mail is free on the Turbo.
Okay, I'll ask the stupid question. What's the difference between basic visual voice mail and this new thing? Edit: Also, is basic visual VM a Turbo exclusive, or does everyone on Verizon get it now? There used to be a fee (like $3 per month?).

Rogus

May 1, 2012
Visit site
Okay, I'll ask the stupid question. What's the difference between basic visual voice mail and this new thing? Edit: Also, is basic visual VM a Turbo exclusive, or does everyone on Verizon get it now? There used to be a fee (like $3 per month?).

Most of this can be answered by checking the Verizon website:

Verizon has three levels of voice mail: Premium Visual Voice Mail, Basic Visual Voice Mail, and Basic Voice Mail. You can go to your "My Verizon" and "Change Features" and it will tell you more about the differences. I think these three options are available on any smartphone. Basic VM is free on any phone. Both PVVM & BVVM had a monthly fee on my old RAZR Maxx and has on my wife's Moto X. On the Turbo BVVM is showing as a free option & PVVM has a monthly fee which is waived for 30 days of a free trial period.

bhcluc

Nov 2, 2014
Visit site
I too am having trouble with the "OK Google" detection on any screen. When you check the box, you are prompted to say "OK Goolgle" three times to have the phone more easily recognize you. Goodle now is turned on... Moto voice works fine. Its just odd.

Also, long press of a Bluetooth headset button on my droid maxx launched voice search. On the turbo it does not do anything.

I too had issues with hotspot. And it ended up working the next day. Likely just an account issue related to moving to a new Sim / imei.

Robisan

Apr 29, 2012
Visit site

I think basic visual voice mail is free on this phone with VZW.

kjumblatt

Nov 1, 2014
Visit site
I am having issues with droid zap. I keep getting "Unfortunately, Droid Zap has stopped working" as soon as it opens. I have tried disabling/enabling the app and clearing the cache but it keeps doing the same thing. I also unplugged the Chromecast in the room in case it was related to that but didn't help either. Any ideas?

Deron Baker

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
I too am having trouble with the "OK Google" detection on any screen. When you check the box, you are prompted to say "OK Goolgle" three times to have the phone more easily recognize you. Goodle now is turned on... Moto voice works fine. Its just odd..

I tried it and the Google Now setting won't record my voice. Motorola voice and my catch phrase work fine. But I cannot use the "ok Google" activation phrase while in Google Now.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon