Motorola Droid Turbo: Bugs, quirks, problems and more

beeztrain

Nov 5, 2014
Visit site
Re: problems/quirks with your turbo.

There is no setting in the app anymore. On my HTC there was. Only thing there now is to sync photos. And the screen thing has only happened twice. Both times I was outside and it was windy. I just turned the screen off and back on and it was fine. Still weird though. And I liked the HTC browser better. Chrome wouldn't load my work website properly. Dolphin browser is the way to go. Really bummed about no mhl support though. I thought this was 2014!

Posted via the Android Central App

Njbrandon

Nov 5, 2014
Visit site
What are the 2 bottom sensors for? I thought they were for waking the phone on approach or for waiving to silence the alarm? But only the top sensor works for that on mine.

anon(19759)

Trusted Member
Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
Anyone run into a weak cellular signal in areas they previously got a good signal? In my house, but Turbo is showing -116dBm on 4G (yet still showing as two bars), whereas my Droid Razr Maxx typically had 3-4 bars and hovered around the -98dBM mark. I do recall when I first got my DRM, it took a system update to improve an initially poor cell reception, so I am wondering if that is the case with the Turbo.

Also, I know its not just an issue with my phone, as my wife's phone is showing the same poor reception. Granted our phones still make calls, and have yet to drop any calls made from our house, but just curious if anyone else has noticed weaker reception.

Seeing a bit of this issue. My previous devices showed good lte signal anywhere in my house and this turbo drops to 3g every so often.

MA2GA28

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Mine is the same at home and work. Have you tried changing Mobile Network from Global to LTE/CDMA in the settings>more menu?

Sent Turbo-fast from my bulletproof 64GB Droid Turbo

I hadn't, no. I just switched it over and that seemed to work for a minute as it shot up to 4 bars. But then it creeped back down to two bars. Currently sitting at -107dBm. Not sure what the deal is.

MA2GA28

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Don't want to turn the phone in as it is otherwise operating flawlessly. I think I'll take a drive today and explore the reception in different areas, at least making sure I can get full reception elsewhere.

Robisan

Apr 29, 2012
Visit site

Is there a Facebook listing in Settings > Accounts? If so, there may be sync options there.

BlueBlazer60

Oct 8, 2014
Visit site

Initially I loved this phone going from my HTC droid DNA. But I've come to find a few things that may be deal breakers for me. I don't want to pay the $35 restocking fee so if anyone has any solutions I'm all ears.

1. No Facebook sync to contacts? What's up with that?

IIRC, there was a conflict between Google and Facebook about syncing contact data. I don't know how or if it was resolved. Privacy issues. Since I was not interested in the topic, I didn't really follow the issue.

ctenc001

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site

The facebook sync contacts setting is only in the facebook messanger app now! Not the facebook app.

swany1970

Apr 12, 2010
Visit site
My battery percentage is stuck at 100% for some reason today. Any suggestions? Rebooted the phone and it's still at 100. Thanks!

camachinist

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site
My battery percentage is stuck at 100% for some reason today. Any suggestions? Rebooted the phone and it's still at 100. Thanks!

Are you using the stock battery indicator or the GSam app or similar? I noted the GSam and the stock indicator sometimes disagree.

Firedogee

Banned
Sep 30, 2014
Visit site
I hadn't, no. I just switched it over and that seemed to work for a minute as it shot up to 4 bars. But then it creeped back down to two bars. Currently sitting at -107dBm. Not sure what the deal is.

I get 2-3 bars (-103dbm) for 4G in my house, same as my previous Droid Razr M.

If you want to get nerdy with it, use the Viaero app under the Phone Information settings to manually set your radio to CDMA AUTO PRL (3G only) or CDMA ONLY (1X) only. This should boost your signal at the cost of data speed. But that won't matter if you're on Wifi. Just be sure to change it back to LTE/CDMA/EVDO when you're done tinkering with it and want to get back to the default.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e.../details?id=com.viaero4gtoggle&token=iFyKEwCL

Last edited:

2008GT500

Nov 5, 2014
Visit site
I signed up to the forum because my battery stayed at 100% yesterday for about 4-5 hours (it was being used "normally") then slowly came down to about 85% at night after playing a bunch of games I got it down into the 30% range. QI charged it over night and was back at 100% this morning. Today my battery dropped to 0% after a couple hours. Plugged in at work with a normal charger and it went to 100% very quickly <20min. Played with it a bit, back to 0%. Charged a little, 20% instantly, 50% in about 5 min, back to 100% in about 20 min...just weird. I was hoping to find a way to reset the battery status, but it seems you need to be rooted and there are mixed reviews about it. Other than this, love the phone. Battery life has been great the rest of the time, picked it up 9am on the 30th. I typically use QI charging overnight, tried the turbo charger once just for fun, and have my old moto usb charger at work.

swany1970

Apr 12, 2010
Visit site
It's gotta be the plastic on the screen. Did you take that off?

If so, then give it a couple days to calibrate the battery life and you should see it drop.

Lol yes!

Strange I've had since day 1 first this has happened. I'll give it a day or 2 and see if it fixes itself.

beeztrain

Nov 5, 2014
Visit site
Facebook messenger only syncs your contacts to messenger. Not from messenger to the phone. I used ubersync and they're all there now, but now I have no way to link them to the numbers I have stored. So now I have duplicates of everyone.

Last edited:

keegh

Mar 20, 2014
Visit site
Took me 3 days but noticed my Turbo out of the box was on English (UK). I kept wondering why some words auto corrected differently and why Amazon music wanted payment in £.

Its just a little quirk, anyone else have this?

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke