Motorola Droid Turbo: Bugs, quirks, problems and more

beeztrain

Nov 5, 2014
Visit site
So you got your new Droid Turbo and you have found a bug, quirk or problem with it. Go ahead and share and try to be as descriptive as possible w/screenshots to help others out in identifying and possibly coming up with a solution.

Anyone else use the shoebox app for movies? I used it often with my DNA and ran mhl to my TV. Why on earth doesn't this phone or any other new Motorola support mhl or slimport use? Is this just a software issue that can be updated or is it hardware related. I know it might not be an issue for some but that was one of the coolest things about my DNA. Free movies and TV right from my phone to the television.

Posted via the Android Central App

PowrDroid

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
I signed up to the forum because my battery stayed at 100% yesterday for about 4-5 hours (it was being used "normally") then slowly came down to about 85% at night after playing a bunch of games I got it down into the 30% range. QI charged it over night and was back at 100% this morning. Today my battery dropped to 0% after a couple hours. Plugged in at work with a normal charger and it went to 100% very quickly <20min. Played with it a bit, back to 0%. Charged a little, 20% instantly, 50% in about 5 min, back to 100% in about 20 min...just weird. I was hoping to find a way to reset the battery status, but it seems you need to be rooted and there are mixed reviews about it. Other than this, love the phone. Battery life has been great the rest of the time, picked it up 9am on the 30th. I typically use QI charging overnight, tried the turbo charger once just for fun, and have my old moto usb charger at work.

Power down your phone, completely off, then plug in your charger. Leave it for at least 2 hours, then turn phone back on. While the phone is charging you should be able to check the charging status by depressing the power switch for a half second or so (not enough to power on the phone.)

On my Maxx HD this technique recalibrates the battery meter to the actual battery charge status. Don't need to be rooted.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

hannsoft

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
I've been getting a notification very frequently that says "searching location" and then a little while later says "location found." Is this normal, or does anyone know a way to make it stop? I have location set to high accuracy. I guess it isn't that big a deal, I just find it a bit annoying.
Same thing here. I've never seen that on any previous phone.

Sent from my Droid Turbo using Tapatalk

2008GT500

Nov 5, 2014
Visit site
Power down your phone, completely off, then plug in your charger. Leave it for at least 2 hours, then turn phone back on. While the phone is charging you should be able to check the charging status by depressing the power switch for a half second or so (not enough to power on the phone.)

On my Maxx HD this technique recalibrates the battery meter to the actual battery charge status. Don't need to be rooted.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Thanks, trying it now. After playing around with it last night, it seems to be recalibrating slowly and acting better today, but still not perfect. The soft reset didn't fix it for me. It seemed to help a little, but definitely not fixed. Hopefully this was a one time glitch and all will be well after this. It says it's a 100% now, but I'll leave it for a couple hours as suggested.

tynakker

Nov 6, 2014
Visit site
My Droid Turbo has none of the issues described here BUT try this one:

Cannot send or receive calls or SMS while connected to Turbo Charger?!

tynakker

Nov 6, 2014
Visit site
Took me 3 days but noticed my Turbo out of the took was on English (UK). I kept wondering why some words auto corrected differently and why Amazon music wanted payment in £.

Its just a little quirk, anyone else have this?

Yes, took me a little while to realise what was going on...

R_A

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
A week into having my Turbo, the dang thing decided to stop charging! Nothing was recognized in the USB port whatsoever. Fortunately its battery is fat enough to last me through two work days so I could get it replaced tonight at the Verizon store (even let me keep the second turbo charger).

camachinist

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site
I ran across a transitory wi-fi bug yesterday, where the phone would unexpectedly drop the wi-fi signal on the property and switch to 4G. An adjunct issue, more reproducible, is that the phone always wants to lock onto one of the most distant WDS nodes instead of a closer, stronger one, even when I tell it to 'forget' that node.

With the disconnection problem, the phone would show no access points within range; however, if I switched wi-fi off in the settings area, then back on, it immediately picked up an access point, though sometimes a weaker one. This happened for a number of iterations then went away. During that time, I tried to duplicate the issue with other computers on the property but couldn't reproduce it. Everything worked fine, other than the phone.

The next thing I'll do is test at remote sites where there is only one access point. Perhaps my WDS is confusing the phone and I need to clean it up a bit. Never has been a problem with computers here so IDK.

During the issue I did see how easy it is to burn through 4G data, even without data-intensive processes like video streaming.

If I can reproduce the issue, I'll post up screenshots of the settings matrix and results to see if it's something in the phone or something I'm doing wrong.

2008GT500

Nov 5, 2014
Visit site
Thanks, trying it now. After playing around with it last night, it seems to be recalibrating slowly and acting better today, but still not perfect. The soft reset didn't fix it for me. It seemed to help a little, but definitely not fixed. Hopefully this was a one time glitch and all will be well after this. It says it's a 100% now, but I'll leave it for a couple hours as suggested.

Powered off overnight after running the battery down and left it on the turbo charger for the night. All seems good today, from 6:30-2:00 I'm still at 88%. I'm thinking the glitch may have been caused by the wireless charger...possibly not lined up right? Haven't tried it since, but will go back to wireless charging this weekend.

Samuel A

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
Re: Motorola Droid Turbo: Bugs, quirks, problems and more screen shot

Screen shot function will not work.

Keeps just turning the volume down..... anyone else having this problem?

I've tried multiple times.... so annoying

Driod 64 gb Black nylon

Postoid

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site

Screen shot function will not work.

Keeps just turning the volume down..... anyone else having this problem?

I've tried multiple times.... so annoying

Driod 64 gb Black nylon

I know what you mean...when I got my Moto X I did the same thing.
You have to "practice". It takes time but you'll get the 'knack'.

Postoid

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site

Firedogee or anyone with the Ballistic Nylon back :

How is the back holding up as far as any fraying of material is concerned? Any areas that look to potentially start to unravel ?

ghbishop

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site

No fraying on mine. I use no case or cover and keep in front pants pocket.

I can get a pop or two out of it if I press hard around the logo at the bottom but that seems to be very common and something I would not have noticed unless someone not pointed it out.

It being the only 64GB model made it an easy decision. The OS, my apps and 2600 songs took it to 31 GB. I have very few pictures and no video. The OS is 11.7 GB- who knows how much 5.0 will take...

Sanford White

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
I have the phone for one week all of a sudden Im only getting 2 hours of battery life. On phone with tech support for hours today resolution Im getting new phone

d12d

Mar 12, 2010
Visit site

I have the 64gb Ballistic Nylon and I notice a small amount of fraying around the camera. My phone is not in a case but I am very careful with it. I am concerned of what it will look like if it is already coming apart.

If the smooth back came in 64gb I would have gotten that and I prefer that back.

Davidoo

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site

I've only had mine since Saturday and have the fraying around the camera, both leds and the round Motorola logo. I baby my devices so this is a bit worrisome. The frays are all of white thread. I actually took a little black marker and just touched the ends of each thread and now you can't see them.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unirockers