Motorola Droid Turbo: Bugs, quirks, problems and more

stillpwning

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
Has anyone had any experience with returning the device in store due to a screen issue? I mentioned mine a few pages back (top quarter is warmer than rest of screen) but I am worried VZW will give me the run around when I bring it in the store for an exchange. I can replicate the issue on a screen tester app so that gives me some hope.
Just to follow up on this post...

So I brought the phone back to the corporate store I bought it at. The sales associate swore she couldn't see my issue, and then proceeded to attempt to explain to me how the screen issue I was perceiving was "apart of the phone's theme"... Yeah, right. She didn't really give me an option to exchange the phone for a new replacement but she did say if it's still an issue in the next week to bring it back and reevaluate the issue. To be fair, the screen blemish is extremely feint and you really have to get it in the correct lighting/color scheme to see it, but it's definitely there. I'm not crazy.

To top that all off, I went to buy the Otterbox Commuter case and she somehow swapped the Incipio case inside the Otterbox box so I got the wrong case.. Thankfully the Incipio case isn't half bad and since I don't really have the patience to go back to exchange it, I'm keeping it. Oh well. It could have been worse I guess.

I'll likely exchange the phone next week though. I'm definitely not insane. The screen issue IS there.

mmmpopfanatic

Oct 29, 2014
Visit site
Anyone else getting horribly distorted sound from the speaker? Yes I've already disabled the audio effects, but it's still super muddled and crackling. And it's far from max volume.

hannsoft

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
Anyone else getting horribly distorted sound from the speaker? Yes I've already disabled the audio effects, but it's still super muddled and crackling. And it's far from max volume.
I've experienced this. It's not horrible, but noticeable. Turning down whatever the volume is set to works for me.

Sent from my Droid Turbo using Tapatalk

lowrg3

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Anyone noticing WiFi not connecting in any sort of timely manner to a known network? I am having to go into settings before it connects to my home network, over a matter of a few minutes.

Posted via the Android Central App

dmark44

Mar 2, 2012
Visit site
Took me 3 days but noticed my Turbo out of the box was on English (UK). I kept wondering why some words auto corrected differently and why Amazon music wanted payment in £.

Its just a little quirk, anyone else have this?

Had the same problem with my 2013 Moto X! I was getting so frustrated with the Amazon app!

Sent from my Moto X

v welsh

Nov 10, 2014
Visit site
Just find a spot with no apps and touch, You will seen the pages shrink and you can see the widgets, Then press on one of the screen like you are moving an app and put it where you want it. Note there are 6 screens so the middle is only avilable is you only use 5 of them.

Jtron

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Basic Visual Voicemail is now free for select phones. Since 3G and 1x are going away in the next few years all customers are going to migrate to this new voicemail system. If you call customer service you can change back to the old system until the migration takes place.

Posted via the Android Central App

RubberToe420

Nov 10, 2014
Visit site
Don't believe this is a problem, but would be curious if anyone knows how to make this work. When I say "OK, Google", then give it my address, it brings up my address in the map application. So far so good. So then I tried "OK Google, navigate to" my address. It then immediately brought up maps and started navigation running with no further required input. So far so good. Then I thought I would try to navigate to a different address. Instead of just issuing the "navigate to" command again, I tried "OK Google, exit navigation". I though that might work, but it just brought up a web search for "exit navigation" instead of exiting navigation like I thought it might.

BTW, is there another forum somewhere where the capabilities of "OK Google" are discussed?

RT420

RubberToe420

Nov 10, 2014
Visit site
Don't believe this is a problem, but would be curious if anyone knows how to make this work. When I say "OK, Google", then give it my address, it brings up my address in the map application. So far so good. So then I tried "OK Google, navigate to" my address. It then immediately brought up maps and started navigation running with no further required input. So far so good. Then I thought I would try to navigate to a different address. Instead of just issuing the "navigate to" command again, I tried "OK Google, exit navigation". I though that might work, but it just brought up a web search for "exit navigation" instead of exiting navigation like I thought it might.

BTW, is there another forum somewhere where the capabilities of "OK Google" are discussed?

RT420

Well there is, but I'm unable to post a link to it since I don't have 10 posts. Search for "list of Google now voice commands". On the phandroid site.

RT420

P.S. Loving the phone so far. I have the ballistic nylon. Is it possible that those seeing wear on the nylon are really seeing pocket lint and stray fibers just getting picked up and attached to the cover?

beeare

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
P.S. Loving the phone so far. I have the ballistic nylon. Is it possible that those seeing wear on the nylon are really seeing pocket lint and stray fibers just getting picked up and attached to the cover?[/QUOTE]

I think so

bobv1971

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
I've had some Moto phones that are picky about the cord you're using. Sometimes using other USB cords can cause the boot-up you described. If this is happening with the supplied charger, consider swapping out.

Sarah Thrash

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
Hey guys...im new so i apologize for anything. In advance lol but this has been frustrating the crap out of me since i got my Turbo a few days ago, Friday.....Big issue with the touchscreen's sensitivity =(..when I try to drag ANYthing, it gives me a heck of a time and rarely works..its almost seems like things don't want to move and persistently jump back to their prior positions as if hitting a wall when I try to move them. Its everything too, moving apps around, in-game actions, scrolling on websites, etc etc ...you name it, if it needs to be dragged, it doesn't work =( also,just trying to click on something in general, sometimes I have to touch the icon/button/etc a ridiculous amount of times before it does anything...i had put an average screen protector on before i had initially used the phone, andd thought maybe it had something to do with that...but just a bit ago j removed the screen protector to see if it got better, and unfortunately it didn't make any difference =( Thats when. I decided to scroll thru n read each post in this thread hoping I'd see something pertaining to my issue with this, and there wasn't much, if anything...but does anyone else find this is happening to them? Or maybe something is potentially wrong with this piece? =\ I've tried a lot in attempt to fix this....but I'm not the most knowledgeable on successfully fixing technical things lol =\

beeare

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys...im new so i apologize for anything. In advance lol but this has been frustrating the crap out of me since i got my Turbo a few days ago, Friday.....Big issue with the touchscreen's sensitivity =(..when I try to drag ANYthing, it gives me a heck of a time and rarely works..its almost seems like things don't want to move and persistently jump back to their prior positions as if hitting a wall when I try to move them. Its everything too, moving apps around, in-game actions, scrolling on websites, etc etc ...you name it, if it needs to be dragged, it doesn't work =( also,just trying to click on something in general, sometimes I have to touch the icon/button/etc a ridiculous amount of times before it does anything...i had put an average screen protector on before i had initially used the phone, andd thought maybe it had something to do with that...but just a bit ago j removed the screen protector to see if it got better, and unfortunately it didn't make any difference =( Thats when. I decided to scroll thru n read each post in this thread hoping I'd see something pertaining to my issue with this, and there wasn't much, if anything...but does anyone else find this is happening to them? Or maybe something is potentially wrong with this piece? =\ I've tried a lot in attempt to fix this....but I'm not the most knowledgeable on successfully fixing technical things lol =\

This sounds like a hardware problem to me. I would probably do a complete factory reset myself. This is definitely not remotely normal though either way.

MA2GA28

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site

Sounds like you received a DOA phone. Just bring it back to a VZ Corporate Store and return it for a brand new one (not a refurb). Even if you are outside of the 14 day window, you should be able to get a new one as this is a hardware defect.

ckelly33

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
Mine was replaced for a lesser screen issue (still sensitivity related). I would drag the ring down one the unlock screen and before I would get to the bottom it would 'let go' of the touch from my finger and snap back to its original position. Very intermittent but it happened occasionally. They swapped out for a new one (not refurb) and there is slight fraying of the nylon near the camera :(

MA2GA28

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Mine was replaced for a lesser screen issue (still sensitivity related). I would drag the ring down one the unlock screen and before I would get to the bottom it would 'let go' of the touch from my finger and snap back to its original position. Very intermittent but it happened occasionally. They swapped out for a new one (not refurb) and there is slight fraying of the nylon near the camera :(

The fraying, as explained in other posts, is inherent to the cutting of the fabric. I am willing to bet 99 out of 100 Turbos have some frayed edge in any one of numerous places on the phone. Ballistic nylon is a strong fabric that can hold up to quite a high level of abuse. The fraying should not get worse nor spread.

If the frayed edges bug you that much, you can probably heat the tip of a pin and melt it down/off, but I don't think it is worth the trouble.

Brian Skerven

Nov 12, 2014
Visit site
I think my Turbo committed suicide yesterday. I was reading an article and the screen split in half (vertically) and the right side started scrolling out of control. After a couple minutes the phone shut down and tried to reboot but the screen was still split and it couldn't (or wouldn't reboot). It continued to try to reboot every 60 seconds until the battery finally died. Anyone seen anything like this before?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemusGhostofRome