Motorola Droid Turbo: Bugs, quirks, problems and more

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
I have a question. My phone goes blank. I'll push the on/off button to try to get the display back but it takes constant pushing of the button to come back on. I'm wondering if I should take it in to get checked out or am I doing something wrong.

I wouldn't say that you are doing anything wrong. It could be a problem with an app running in the background taking too many processor cycles. You can go into settings / battery usage and look at the list of items, and any apps that you recognize (usually display, Android System, and Android OS are listed toward the top of the list) may be the culprit.

Another idea is to run in safe mode, which stops third party apps from starting with the phone. Long-press power to bring up the power off menu, then long press "power off" to bring up the choice to restart in safe mode. If you see the same problem in safe mode, then I'd suspect that it's a hardware problem.

Raven19x

Nov 23, 2014
Visit site
Re: problems/quirks with your turbo.

I upgraded from a GS3 and I'm loving my Turbo. Unfortunately it seems I received a lemon. My power/screen lock button is no longer operable.. I wouldn't be able to turn my phone on if it happened to die. Thankfully VZ is replacing it for free. Hopefully I'll have better luck when the new one arrives.

graygr

Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
I was concerned about visual voicemail being a subscription service and tried to decline the set up. Turns out Basic Visual Voicemail is the default and free. Takes a bit to get used to....but I'm starting to like it!

cmaupindroidturbo

Nov 24, 2014
Visit site
We have the Droid Turbo 32gig. It has locked up with a blank screen. Had to turn off to reset. Trying to figure out how to put music from the laptop to the phone. No software found. Thinking this phone is to new. Plugged into laptop the only option is updating. No access to device. No device manager. My big thing is not having data while in a call.

quantum tao

Feb 11, 2014
Visit site
I was concerned about visual voicemail being a subscription service and tried to decline the set up. Turns out Basic Visual Voicemail is the default and free. Takes a bit to get used to....but I'm starting to like it!
I have always uninstalled it (you can do that on windows phone, this is my first dabble into android) I never realized it was a freemium service and the free version is adequate for me.

graygr

Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
Anyone having a problem with google search? At some point it decided that the only input it would take is by voice search. The mic icon would appear and "listen". When I paused it, a keyboard icon would appear but nothing would happen when I clicked on it. Tried to disable google voice and Moto....no change. Had to do a factory reset to recover keyboard search...!

2008GT500

Nov 5, 2014
Visit site
I've had the exact same problem as you. Charged over night on the wireless charger, next day 98% for 13 hours. Today It dropped to 49% after 6.5hrs, then turned off. I plugged into the turbo charger, in literally 3 minutes, 100%. I'll be trying the off charge tonight, via turbo charger. Has your Turbo gone back to normal? Think the wireless charging was the problem?

Yes, back to normal, and I've been using wireless charging again with no problems. My theory is the wireless charger caused it, but can't replicate it, so...

sofryj

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
I think you can share your "Me" contact info with others as a contact card. It may also effect the picture that appears on other's phones when you use certain messaging or texting services. Maybe.

I believe it is also related to user profiles. Since this phone can have multiple user profiles, this lets you know which profile is currently in use.

sofryj

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Small issue....when using Google now (slide up from bottom), I have issues with the links to the attached articles. Often, when I select a link, it will try to launch it but will be unsuccessful. I often have to try 2 or 3 times to reload the page. Not sure if this is a Google Now problem, or a Droid Turbo problem. Either way, it's a minor issue.

sofryj

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
The only issue that's been bugging me is it won't stay connected to one of my Bluetooth headsets. It will stay connected just fine to my Motorola S305 headset but with my Kinivo BTH240, it drops it and the headset goes to sleep. It's like it doesn't keep communicating the "still there?" between the devices. If I turn music on, it will stay connected, but not if it's not actively doing anything. Both headsets worked great on my Note 2 just a small annoyance now.

Oh, I also wish they would allow us to decrease the sensitivity on the sensors as where I have my car stand every time I move my hand, or the steering wheel, the display turns on.

Apparently there is a setting for this.....I've read in other forums. There is a BT timeout setting or something along those lines. Once you change the setting on that, your problem should be fixed.

Fable

Android Rules
Nov 20, 2009
Visit site
Screenshot_2014-11-24-14-03-15.jpg

Ok so something is up with the Battery charge level indicators. As folks have noted, it holds at a spot and then just boom drops off. Rebooting the phone doesn't solve the issue. I did have someone experiencing this put it on their turbo charger for about 2 hours and then reboot it and they haven't complained about it. I have a similar issue though, you can see it in the screenshot. This is the 3rd time I have experienced this... but 100% after 10 hours would be kind of amazing..

The problem is at 100% it doesn't want to charge wirelessly (at least thats what it seems to indicate) so I have to plug it in for a while. I'm not sure what "unsticks" it eventually though.

It is a really annoying issue - that is for sure.

mikey0821

Nov 25, 2014
Visit site
I just got the new Droid Turbo and trying to setup Softcard. I've tried everything. Spent 2 hours at the Verizon store and they call tier 1 and 2 Softcard techs and was told to just keep trying to setup a new account. This is what I have been getting ever since I got my new phones. Anyone else having this issue or know of a resolution?

Softcard message.png

StormnNJ

Nov 1, 2014
Visit site
Had the phone go back to the splash screen and restart several times while on calls today. Powered it off a few times and finally stopped doing it. Has anyone found a remedy to this problem?

bosanci

Nov 2, 2014
Visit site
The only bugs/problems I've experienced so far were regarding the speakerphone/call volume issues, now solved not only by disabling the EQ in audio settings, but by disabling the Private Call volume whatever it is called in the Phone Dialer app.... really made a HUGE difference.
How you did the "Private Call volume " disabling ?
Thanks.

Davidoo

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
Had the phone go back to the splash screen and restart several times while on calls today. Powered it off a few times and finally stopped doing it. Has anyone found a remedy to this problem?

Yes, I've had this happen 4 times in the almost 3 weeks I've had the Turbo. I just hear a click, the call ends and the Moto splash screen. Verizon replaced my SIM and I haven't had it since, but still not sure that fixed it because it only happened every few days anyway. Here's my thread on this....

http://forums.androidcentral.com/motorola-droid-turbo/459804-random-reboot-during-phone-calls.html

bosanci

Nov 2, 2014
Visit site
Easy- go to your dialer app>settings(far right lower three vertical boxes)>scroll down to Voice Privacy and uncheck the box. Close your dialer app and enjoy.
Got it!...

Trying to find out , regarding this "low sound" while talking on the phone, and some noise on the line,or other people told me that they can't hear me really clear or sound/volume is too low on their side.

Masheen

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
The propeller head version:

Voice privacy of IS-95 CDMA is provided by means of the long code mask.The long code mask is not transmitted through any channel, it is constructed by the base station and the mobile station. To recover the long code sequence,the eavesdropper may exhaustively search the 42-bit long code mask, with a time complexity of O(2 42 ). This attack is viable but is hard to implement in real time. Alternatively, it can be shown that the long code sequence can also be recovered if the eavesdropper can obtain 42 bits of plaintext-ciphertext pairs.As there are many mobile stations transmitting simultaneously on the trac channel and each mobile station only transmits approximately 3 minutes on the average, it is rather di cult to obtain 42 bits of the plaintext message.

Unchecking the voice privacy option does not make the earpiece louder.

Martune

Nov 25, 2014
Visit site
I own a new Droid Turbo, and for 2 mornings the first message I was sent sounded the "message received" tone, but when I opened the message box for the person who sent it, there was no message present. I called the person, and they told me that they had sent me a good morning [short] text.
I ignored it at first, but when it happened again, it got me wondering 'what's up?!"

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon