Motorola Droid Turbo: Bugs, quirks, problems and more

teeitupmo#WN

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
Not enough coffee. Just started my first cup. :) yeah, kind of out of line..but of all the legit problems people have... Emoji issues should be the least of everyone's concern.

Nuff said! I am over it. :) my apologies to poster about Emoji issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

StormnNJ

Nov 1, 2014
Visit site
Not sure if it's a tower problem or one with the phone but it keeps losing mobile data while on wifi the past two days. Normally I will have a grayed out 3G or 4G at the top when connected to wifi at the house. That disappears now and if I turn off wifi the phone never restarts mobile data unless I toggle airplane mode even after leaving the house.

Kaladin07

Dec 28, 2014
Visit site
Just picked up my turbo yesterday (32g ballistic nylon) and this phone is taking some getting used to. I'm coming over from a Samsung GS4. So I've just plugged the phone in for its first-ever charge. I'm doing a regular charge, not a turbo. I let the battery get down nice and low so I can give it a pretty full/max charge. I turned the phone off so that ongoing phone processes and applications wouldn't interfere with or slow the charge, but as soon as I plugged it in, it turned the phone back on. Then, while still plugged in and charging, I turned it off again, and it turned right back on. Can this phone not charge while off? Seems strange, but maybe I don't really need to worry about it? I just like to turn it off sometimes if I'm traveling or not using it or just want it to be able to take a breather. Thoughts? Thanks!

Secondly, on the swipe-down menu, when I toggle over to the view with wi-fi, location, etc., there is a big space with a contact icon (it's in the top left next to the brightness icon). It's clickable, but when I click it, it just says "contact doesn't exist." What's that all about? Who is this contact? Is it supposed to be me? Is it a recent call or text? It seems like wasted space but I'm hoping I just need to change a setting or something to make it more useful.

Also, how do I take a screen shot?

Any other hidden tricks or features with this phone?

Press the power button and volume down button at the same time to take a screen shot, its pretty easy.

ahein88

Dec 21, 2014
Visit site
Is everyone able to check their LTE band on the LTE Discovery App? Mine says Band Unknown... I live in downtown Denver so it is not like I am in the middle of nowhere.

Codger1212

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
General phone call quality issues here since the update. One thing that hasn't worked for a little while now is waving in front of the sensors to silence a call. Loved that feature and not working (unrelated to the update) Waving to snooze alarm still works.?

BlackDragon22

Oct 28, 2014
Visit site
Anyone else have a glitch where the screen goes lined when typing in the passcode? This happens rarely, but enough to get on my nerves. I'll try and screenshot next time it happens. A reboot solves the problem and then it disappears.

MA2GA28

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Settings / sound / volumes. Is the notification volume turned all the way down?

Turns out it is also a result of the BT bug I've pointed out in other threads. In short, if BT is disconnected before whatever is playing is manually stopped, the phone won't allow anything else to play (YouTube, music, streaming, etc). Apparently, that also goes for notification tones. However, ringtones from a call worked fine.

damnsmartphone

Dec 31, 2014
Visit site
Do you know how to get voicemail notifications on your phone if you don't want to use visual voicemail at all? All I want is for my phone to display a message/indicator that says I have a new voicemail. I already called in and set up basic voicemail by dialing my number from my phone. Right now I know I have a new voicemail, but there is nothing on my screen that is telling me I do.

balisticturbo916

Jan 1, 2015
Visit site
So you got your new Droid Turbo and you have found a bug, quirk or problem with it. Go ahead and share and try to be as descriptive as possible w/screenshots to help others out in identifying and possibly coming up with a solution.
I have the turbo ballet nylon 64gig and the touch screen and bottom capasitive keys sometime won't work like I touch the screen or keys and they won't do anything. I then have to shut my phone down and then they will work but this has happened several times now. I'm coming from a note3 so my expectations r high.

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
I'm having a camera app issue - the menus and all symbology in the default camera app are showing up upside down. The menu's showing up on the right hand side and is transposed upside down, for instance. It's also taking pictures upside down. I've tried restarting (twice now) and I tried to clear data on the app and no dice. In fact, the first use screen was also upside down as shown below. This was taken with the camera rightside up. Any ideas short of going into the VZW store tomorrow? For what it's worth, I downloaded Google Camera as well to see if it might be a sensor issue and all menus/symbology there seem to be fine and pictures are being taken rightside up as well.

Screenshot_2015-01-02-02-04-54.png

Edit - And never mind. Factory reset fixed it.

Last edited:

MelanieBG

Jan 3, 2015
Visit site
I few months ago i replaced my droid razr with the Turbo. After a recent update I started noticing issues between WiFi and data with text messages. I use the reg text app on phone. Never had these issues before. When WiFi is on, I can't send pics via text because randomly the data will shut itself off. To text a pic, I have to shut off WiFi. Then today, one of my clients sent me a text, which didn't come thru. My turbo will state in status bar that a text from so-and-so didn't come thru. Now unlike my old RAZR, I am not able to try to download the text. It doesn't show up anywhere for me to retry.
Prior to the update, in the status bar it would always show WiFi and 3G or 4G with bars and a pulsating house. Now, when WiFi is on I lose the data symbols other than the bars.
As some others have mentioned, I'm also having problems with visual voicemail constantly running and trying to connect. I think now that the trial is over I may have been able to stop it.
I'm more concerned about the texting issues. Curious if anyone else is experiencing this.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
I few months ago i replaced my droid razr with the Turbo. After a recent update I started noticing issues between WiFi and data with text messages. I use the reg text app on phone.

Do you have any other third party text apps installed? I know that Textra will download MMS content before your default messaging app can download it in some cases and the stock app will give the spurious error that it could not download, with an offer to try again. You can keep trying but it will never get the attachment, because Textra has already downloaded it.

Other third party apps may be the same, Even if you have not made them the default, have you installed any?

Buddy54

Jan 1, 2015
Visit site
To the guy with the texting issue:

You have to notify Apple that you no longer have your iphone so it quits getting routed through their system.

Fwiw, friend of mine had an iphone with verizon and switched to a samsung phone. A friend of his had an iphone and service through AT&T and they had the same problem as you. I googled and saw it discussed.

I called Apple support for him and they understood the problem but told me that it would be 2 days or so before "the change worked its way their their systems".

liilhammer

Jan 4, 2015
Visit site
I've been having the same problem with two Moto phones. It has to do with email notifications/ringtones not working randomly, both with the Turbo (the one I have now) and the X (Gen 2). I've verified a ringtone has been set for my corporate (Exchange) email, using the built-in mail app. I've ensured the volume is turned all the way up. I will receive audible notifications sporadically when new emails come in - I have been staring at the phone when two or three new emails arrive, and heave not heard a thing. Then, a few minutes or an hour later, I'll get another email or group of emails, and I'll hear the notification/ringtone, then it will stop again. There does not seem to be a pattern. I do use the phone in my car with Bluetooth on my way to and from the office. However, I don't always get an email on my way in and I don't use the phone to stream music, and I almost never make or receive a call while on Bluetooth on the way into the office and have still noticed the problem.

I like the Turbo and X a lot but I turned in the X thinking the Bluetooth issue would be resolved in switching phones, but it isn't. If it's helpful, I had the issue on the X with 4.4 and upgraded to Lollipop as soon as it was available on the X to see if that would fix it and it did not.

Any assistance or guidance is appreciated!

PS, I just rebooted the phone (I leave Bluetooth off by default) and it was back up for about three minutes... I received an email and no notification/ringtone - didn't even vibrate and it is set to vibrate.

arrowgance

Jan 2, 2015
Visit site
My previous phone was a Droid 2 on Verizon. A friend of mine had a Metro PC phone and often she said she would get 10, 20 30+ duplicate texts from me. I occasionally got six or a dozen duplicates of hers. It never happened with anyone else, so I'm leaning towards the opinion it might have been the carrier. In the three weeks that I've had this Turbo 64, I have not had the issue come up at either end.

Jacob Cheriathundam

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
Got the 64gb ballistic nylon version of the droid turbo on Verizon and I'm pretty disappointed. I've had all sorts of issues come up that I've never had with an android phone before.

1) a lot of my texts either come in REALLY late or dont come at all until I force a refresh of the messaging list. This has been the biggest issue so far.

2) Sometimes the screen will stop responding to touches. I'm sure there is some background process that is running that's blocking it because the touches will be recognized shortly thereafter.

3) Ever since activating Advanced Calling, my phone calls drop a LOT. I end up turning off advanced calling for business calls just so that I can be more confident in the call not dropping. Of course, by doing that, I can't use data while using voice...a blast to 10 years ago.

Just not happy with this phone at all and I wouldn't recommend anybody getting it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad