Motorola Droid Turbo: Bugs, quirks, problems and more

cdd543

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site
Good day. Having major issue with Droid Turbo 64GB with location prompt. I keep getting a prompted
"In a previous version of Android, you turned off the ability for Google apps to access your location.

View attachment 159169

When I press yes or not now it keeps prompting. Even does this for Maps.
This occurs if either Location is set to ON or OFF.

System version 21.44.8
Android version 4.4.4

Thank you,

Pretty sure you still need to go into settings/location to edit gps usage. Change it to high accuracy and it should be good to go.

Kate E

Jan 16, 2015
Visit site
So .. I've had my turbo for almost a week - and love everything about it EXCEPT the fact that I've just found that the phone is not compatible with these Belly Buds (headphones for a pregnant belly). I thought the belly buds were broken, but my husband has the Droid Razor and they work fine. Idk if its the jack size or what ..
Does anyone else have this issue? Or know what I may be doing wrong? PS: Same issue with my Nexus 9.

jesta192

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
I got my turbo just over a month ago. The phone itself is great its just that when my phones sitting on the counter sometimes it will play music without anyone touching it. As well as my phone will freeze up and not allow Me to do anything on it. On occation my lock screen won't allow me to put in my code either until I restart the phone. I'm praying these are just bugs. Does anyone know for sure?

My wife and I both use Slacker Radio, and when we pause it on either of our phones, it will automatically resume about 60 seconds later. This is repeatable indefinitely. The only way to keep it from auto-playing is to EXIT Slacker.

I use Podcast Republic and I have not had the problem there. So far I've assumed this was Slacker's fault (their app has always been a buggy POS). Which music app(s) do you use?

nedqadams

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
My wife and I both use Slacker Radio, and when we pause it on either of our phones, it will automatically resume about 60 seconds later. This is repeatable indefinitely. The only way to keep it from auto-playing is to EXIT Slacker.

I use Podcast Republic and I have not had the problem there. So far I've assumed this was Slacker's fault (their app has always been a buggy POS). Which music app(s) do you use?
I have the same issue with Sticher Podcast Player. I pause and it will start again 30 seconds later every time. Haven't tried it with other audio apps yet.

slowmyke

Dec 12, 2014
Visit site
I have the same issue with Sticher Podcast Player. I pause and it will start again 30 seconds later every time. Haven't tried it with other audio apps yet.

I have not had this issue with any audio app I use so far: google player, tune in, wtf podcast, or just playing through chrome or YouTube.

I did have issues with my S3 and audio apps closing if paused for more than a minute, so I'd guess it's the apps that are buggy not the phones.

Have you checked the reviews for the problem apps on Google play? If it's a wide spread problem, you'll see it there for sure. Then sort the comments by latest reviews and your phone model only. That'll give you a good idea of who's having the same problems.

banjomax

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
OK both my wife and I got Turbos about a month ago. Now both of our phones will not reconnect to Verizon if we go somewhere and the signal is lost. So are we gonna have to reboot our phones after every trip to Walmart or is this an update issue? Need help.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
OK both my wife and I got Turbos about a month ago. Now both of our phones will not reconnect to Verizon if we go somewhere and the signal is lost. So are we gonna have to reboot our phones after every trip to Walmart or is this an update issue? Need help.

You can always toggle airplane mode rather than restart the phone. (Long press power like you want to turn off the phone and airplane mode is there, or drag down the notification bar with two fingers to find the settings pane to toggle, or just open the settings app, right at the top.)

That sounds weird, but it's probably something that they know about and the lollipop update must be coming pretty soon - my guess is that it will be no later than the end of February that it will be available. Probably it will be sooner than that.

nedqadams

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
Yeah but if its both the phones that's something that shouldn't be happening. I'd take them back to Verizon to discuss. Maybe (maybe) they were from a faulty batch (assuming you purchased them together). If you get two new ones and still have the same issue than something else weird is going on. Frankly, I don't have the technical knowhow to say what.

Jalil Diamond

Jan 21, 2015
Visit site
hello i have same problem with my moto maxx i heard the back cracking ,actually i have battery problems the same day i bought; but like un 2 days more my phone died any answear to this problem?

Chibana

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
I'm not sure what to make of the problem I'm having with my Turbo and my 2014 Mazda3 infotainment system. When I first got my Turbo, it worked fine with the Mazda's system to read text messages to me and let me reply with a list of standard messages. For the last couple of weeks, the car notifies me that I received a text message, but the play icon is grayed out. When I try to get the text message list, it just "spins" forever on the car's display.

I've gone through the phone settings multiple times trying to find something that I may have changed without knowing it would kill this feature. Nothing has worked. I thought maybe it had to do with changing from the standard Android messaging system to Textra and then Hangouts. I tried switching the texting app back to the standard Google one but that didn't fix it. Moto Assist lists my car in the list of Bluetooth devices that are cars. I've tried having the "Talk to me" feature enabled and disabled in the Moto Assist settings. Either way it doesn't work.

I'm at a loss. I (used to) use this feature all the time.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
There was an update about ten days to two weeks ago to the Google app that has messed up the Assist app on the 2013 Droids (Droid Maxx, Ultra, Mini, and maybe the 2013 Moto X), preventing them from properly doing "talk to me" features for driving or hime assist. It may be that the same problem is happening to the Turbo (though maybe not - the 2014 Moto X and the Turbo have a different Assist feature.)

I've read that Motorola is working on an update to the Assist app to fix the issue.

Again, this may not be an issue on the Turbo, but I did want to mention it...

andrea java

Nov 17, 2014
Visit site
When attempting to use video camera, it comes on for a second, then quickly reverts back to regular camera. I shut down the phone, turn back on, and video works once... Then stops working again. Any ideas?

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
When attempting to use video camera, it comes on for a second, then quickly reverts back to regular camera. I shut down the phone, turn back on, and video works once... Then stops working again. Any ideas?

I wonder if you have any apps installed that capture audio from the phone? If so, it is probably preventing the video camera from using the microphone, causing video capture to fail (because the video camera app captures both things.)

parkschr1

Nov 4, 2014
Visit site
I had the same issue and contacted Motorola. They determined it was an app I had installed called shush. I uninstalled it and that fixed my problem.

I wonder if you have any apps installed that capture audio from the phone? If so, it is probably preventing the video camera from using the microphone, causing video capture to fail (because the video camera app captures both things.)

Christopher221710

Jan 30, 2015
Visit site
Got the new Droid Turbo about a month ago...

1. All of my apps whether I have opened them recently (or ever) will randomly "stop unexpectedly" This is extremely annoying especially when its an app stopping out of nowhere that I have never even used or known was on my phone. It's the worst when I am trying to message and message+ stops on me. Not only will they stop out of the blue, A LOT of them will stop out of the blue and I have to click OK or whatever to get through 7 stop unexpected windows before I can do anything else.

2. Also, the deletion of texts takes a lifetime. Switched over from iPhone which can delete thousands of texts in a matter of minutes. What's the deal with this?

3. Last, just an opinion thing here, but I was also unsatisfied with the "click" (or lack thereof) of the power and volume buttons.

Any help would be appreciated, especially on issue #1!!

Not a bad phone, just these few issues, Thanks!

Christopher221710

Jan 30, 2015
Visit site
4. Also, the zoom (spreading of your fingers) in camera is really touchy and doesn't always work as well as the iPhone did for me. The quality of the camera is great, but this zoom is very finicky and I am not very satisfied with it. Any suggestions?

dungoyle

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
4. Also, the zoom (spreading of your fingers) in camera is really touchy and doesn't always work as well as the iPhone did for me. The quality of the camera is great, but this zoom is very finicky and I am not very satisfied with it. Any suggestions?
I use "A Better Camera" which has a zoom slider at the bottom. I have never liked pinch to zoom personally, so the slider is a big plus for me. The camera app is overall better than the stock camera as well IMHO (shared by many others on the forum I should point out).

Edit: your other phone problems sound kind of out of the ordinary. Deleting texts for instance, is instant on my phone.