Motorola Droid Turbo: Bugs, quirks, problems and more

DrGonzo48

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Voice activation on mine is screwy and responds to random voices, sounds, and music multiple times every day. Mostly I ignore it but it's kind of annoying and I'm considering disabling the moto features.

beeare

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
That is a setting on your exchange server. you need to go in to the OWA and disable it. I've had users with this issue as well. That fixed them up. I can confirm on Exchange 2013, my Turbo does NOT copy myself unless I have the option enabled in OWA.

Can you describe to me where this setting is? I've looked everywhere and cannot find it. Thank you!

Hampton Boyd

Feb 18, 2015
Visit site
I've had my Droid Turbo for a while and today I was using it. I then picked it up and the screen was messed up. There was hardly any pigment in the screen other than a medium green glare over the whole thing. Plus I'm not able to see the top section of the screen and it looks as though its broken. I checked the glass screen and it's not broken, I also had a Lifeproof case on it so I know no water got into it. I've tried resetting it, charging it, and running down the battery, but it's still messed up. Any suggestions?

teeitupmo#WN

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
#Hampton Boyd
That is a warranty item. Take it to Verizon. They may replace it in the store. Worse case scenario.... they will help you send the Turbo into Motorola for a replacement.

lcshih

Feb 19, 2015
Visit site
Hi,

I just received a new Motorola Droid Turbo a week ago. I've had a bunch of issues and am thinking about returning the device unless there's a resolution in sight. The following issues happen at least once a day:
1. The launcher frequently crashes; I get a message similar to "Launcher3 has stopped working" at least 3-4 times a day.
2. When I'm paging through my Home panels, often I get stuck halfway between pages.
3. Often when I'm in an app, the soft buttons (home, back, etc.) are not responsive. I'm stuck in the app and need to press the power button to exit.
4. Sometimes the home screen just stops responding period to touch. I can't start any apps, go between pages, etc. This often happens the first time I log in from turning the display on.
5. This issue only occurred once, but I was emailing with the standard google keyboard up, and the device started switching between email, task manager, home, with a switch happening around 1-2 times per second. I think I had to restart to get out of this mode.

I am using pretty much stock components, or at least the same that I did on my Samsung before I switched to the Turbo. I have BBC News, Facebook, Uber. No games. No custom launchers. I in fact started getting some of these issues as soon as I walked out of the store, before I had installed anything.

I'm happy to factory reset my device but since these are software issues and I'm running stock apps, I'm curious whether I would see any benefit. I love the phone otherwise and would very much like to save the trouble of having to return it. Any help would be appreciated. Is there perhaps a stability update coming that would address some of these issues, or known workarounds?

EDIT: I did a factory reset and will keep an eye out if these issues persist. The first problem is that after the reset, I stopped receiving calls (no ring, no missed call notification, even though I was in a good signal strength region). This problem went away for now after I rebooted the phone, but I was surprised to experience the issue even once.

EDIT: Another issue I've started noticing is that the ballistic nylon (which is extremely cool, btw) is starting to fray around both the camera lens and the Motorola symbol. It's fine where it meets the rubber casing, but the other areas look like the cloth is going to continue fraying. I don't do anything traumatic to my phone, I mostly just stick it in my pocket. Given that it's only been a little over a week, I wonder how bad this will get after a year or two. I love the nylon and don't want to cover it up with a protector, has anyone else experienced similar issues?

Last edited:

nukelhead

Feb 20, 2015
Visit site
I get that also, but under settings, location, location mode- I have it set for High accuracy. Perhaps a less accurate option would not display the location found message.

dungoyle

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
Hi,

I just received a new Motorola Droid Turbo a week ago. I've had a bunch of issues and am thinking about returning the device unless there's a resolution in sight. The following issues happen at least once a day:
1. The launcher frequently crashes; I get a message similar to "Launcher3 has stopped working" at least 3-4 times a day.
2. When I'm paging through my Home panels, often I get stuck halfway between pages.
3. Often when I'm in an app, the soft buttons (home, back, etc.) are not responsive. I'm stuck in the app and need to press the power button to exit.
4. Sometimes the home screen just stops responding period to touch. I can't start any apps, go between pages, etc. This often happens the first time I log in from turning the display on.
5. This issue only occurred once, but I was emailing with the standard google keyboard up, and the device started switching between email, task manager, home, with a switch happening around 1-2 times per second. I think I had to restart to get out of this mode.

I am using pretty much stock components, or at least the same that I did on my Samsung before I switched to the Turbo. I have BBC News, Facebook, Uber. No games. No custom launchers. I in fact started getting some of these issues as soon as I walked out of the store, before I had installed anything.

I'm happy to factory reset my device but since these are software issues and I'm running stock apps, I'm curious whether I would see any benefit. I love the phone otherwise and would very much like to save the trouble of having to return it. Any help would be appreciated. Is there perhaps a stability update coming that would address some of these issues, or known workarounds?

EDIT: I did a factory reset and will keep an eye out if these issues persist. The first problem is that after the reset, I stopped receiving calls (no ring, no missed call notification, even though I was in a good signal strength region). This problem went away for now after I rebooted the phone, but I was surprised to experience the issue even once.

EDIT: Another issue I've started noticing is that the ballistic nylon (which is extremely cool, btw) is starting to fray around both the camera lens and the Motorola symbol. It's fine where it meets the rubber casing, but the other areas look like the cloth is going to continue fraying. I don't do anything traumatic to my phone, I mostly just stick it in my pocket. Given that it's only been a little over a week, I wonder how bad this will get after a year or two. I love the nylon and don't want to cover it up with a protector, has anyone else experienced similar issues?
You did the right thing with the factory reset. When I performed my first update, I had no cell tower lock on for about 10 minutes, and I was a little bit freaked; this sounds similar to your no calls received after reset initially. If you continue to have the same operational problems now that you've reset, I would suggest either calling VZW or taking it to the store where you bought it for a replacement.

Fraying. Some people have it. Some people don't. Pocket carrying doesn't seem to be Ballistic Nylon's friend. And for those who don't pocket carry but have experienced fraying, please do chime in because I don't want my statement construed that I am presenting this as "fact" -- I've just noticed that those who have fraying have been pocket carriers. I know that pocket carry is very common, and it shouldn't damage a phone, but..

Since you're in your 14 day window, perhaps you should consider returning for one of the Glass Metal Kevlar versions. I prefer the BN myself, but at least you know the other model won't fray in your pocket. Good luck in any case.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site

cincycats51

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
Hoping someone can help me. Whenever I connect to my car via bluetooth (it does it automatically every time), Moto Voice (the light blue screen) activates automatically. Every single time. It just started the other day and I cannot for the life of me figure out what is triggering it.

flackberry

Oct 27, 2014
Visit site
I'm having a wifi issue on various wifi networks where my turbo will connect fine and then at some point decides to stop communicating with wifi. I've tried everything and support says its an app causing the problem. Bleh!

Has anyone with this issue been successful with a replacement device from support to fix this? Did you have the same problem with the replacement?

kmf1

May 5, 2011
Visit site
Do you, by chance have Moto Assist/Driving activated? You wold see an icon in the notification bar that looks like a roadway.

Emma Burke

Feb 27, 2015
Visit site
My Facebook push notifications are not coming across at all - not to the attentive Moto display nor to my notifications menu bar. The only way I can tell, via my phone, that I have a Facebook notification is if I actually open the app and check out the globe icon. They used to work when I first got the phone, but after a few weeks I noticed I wasn't getting them anymore. I have checked all of the settings both via phone and app, and everything is activated/turned on/checked as it should be to receive notifications. I have completely cleared my cache. I am at a loss as to why it isn't working.

BethanyA

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
I got and update for my Turbo on 2-26 and since then cannot text one of my contacts. As far as I know I can text everyone else but the one person. She has a Samsung Galaxy on AT&T and I am Verizon. I have deleted her in my contacts and put her back in. Anyone know of any solutions? This is very frustrating as we text daily.

Kelsey Olbrysh

Mar 3, 2015
Visit site
I just got my droid turbo two days ago and I just tried to send a video message. It said the video was too long but it was less than 10 seconds. Can anyone explain this to me?

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
I just got my droid turbo two days ago and I just tried to send a video message. It said the video was too long but it was less than 10 seconds. Can anyone explain this to me?

Verizon only allows mms messages to be 1.2 MB. I'll bet you can email the video fine if you try, though.

vpersson91

Mar 5, 2015
Visit site
Hey guys! New here but I had a quick question. I have the red 32GB Droid Turbo. The phone is very slow after twitter, Facebook and my Google mail are added. Has anyone seen this on the Turbo? 2.7 ghz processer and 3gb of ram should handle this fine I would think.

this_is_nascar

May 25, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys! New here but I had a quick question. I have the red 32GB Droid Turbo. The phone is very slow after twitter, Facebook and my Google mail are added. Has anyone seen this on the Turbo? 2.7 ghz processer and 3gb of ram should handle this fine I would think.

Absolutely no issues like that on my Turbo. On my old Razr Maxx, sluggishness would be a daily event for me. Since upgrading to the Turbo, nothing but blazing speed and I do use FB, Twitter and Mail on mine regularly.

vpersson91

Mar 5, 2015
Visit site
Absolutely no issues like that on my Turbo. On my old Razr Maxx, sluggishness would be a daily event for me. Since upgrading to the Turbo, nothing but blazing speed and I do use FB, Twitter and Mail on mine regularly.
Well this is interesting then. I updated to the latest version and no difference was made. just had the screen force rotate when I tried to close my apps. Very strange. Seems like my phone is buggy. Would this be the case of bringing my data over using the Motorola migrate?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol