Motorola Droid Turbo: Bugs, quirks, problems and more

mrflyguy22

Apr 6, 2015
Visit site
I just got a 32gb ballistic nylon Droid Turbo about a month ago and starting about two weeks ago the phone will randomly shut off once, sometimes twice, daily and sometimes proves difficult to turn back on. Verizon said it could be an issue with one of the apps and wanted me to put my phone into safe mode for 24 hours (rendering every downloaded app useless) to determine if it is an issue with an app or the phone's software itself. If it still persists, they want to do a hard reset to my phone. If that doesn't work, they will give me a CLN (used) phone to replace it. While these options aren't horrible, they are inconvenient and I'm wondering if anyone else has had any issues like this?

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
I just got a 32gb ballistic nylon Droid Turbo about a month ago and starting about two weeks ago the phone will randomly shut off once, sometimes twice, daily and sometimes proves difficult to turn back on. Verizon said it could be an issue with one of the apps and wanted me to put my phone into safe mode for 24 hours (rendering every downloaded app useless) to determine if it is an issue with an app or the phone's software itself. If it still persists, they want to do a hard reset to my phone. If that doesn't work, they will give me a CLN (used) phone to replace it. While these options aren't horrible, they are inconvenient and I'm wondering if anyone else has had any issues like this?

Well, this is anecdotal, but I did see this post a few days ago, so it may just be an "issue":

http://androidforums.com/threads/droid-turbo-issues.908649/#post-6932639

Well, after hours on the phone with Verizon Tech Support (tier 2) Verizon has finally admitted that the OTA in late January early February is the reason that our devices are freezing.

At first we were told that Motorola is well aware of the problem and working on the fix. After additional questions the story has changed somewhat and now the ‘fix’ will be included with Lollipop OS upgrade.

Photoguy505

Apr 3, 2015
Visit site
If it's THAT much like the Ultra (still on Ultra, getting my Turbo here in about 2 weeks) Visual Voice Mail is just listed as voicemail. I realized this once when I was in my app list, wanted to check vm (regular, not visual) and tapped the voicemail icon. It started the sign up for visual vm. Disable that one, you should be fine

Photoguy505

Apr 3, 2015
Visit site
As long as the dang thing doesn't fall apart, or flake off or something, a little noise..I'm ok with. Can't wait to get mine. I know I'm late, most of y'all have had your Turbos for nearly 6 months..it's that dang contract!! Just coming eligible 26 April

Photoguy505

Apr 3, 2015
Visit site
Re: Motorola Droid Turbo: Bugs, quirks, problems and more - Hotspot not working

My hotspot worked fine the first time out of the box.
I think when I go to the store, I'm going to try it right there IN the store.. It's my source for home internet for my family. Can't not have it work

teeitupmo#WN

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
Everything Verizon is telling you to do, you can do yourself....saving yourself the time and sparing yourself from dealing with the numbskulls working at the Verizon store.

I would do a factory reset on your Turbo before doing anything else.

Once doing the reset...do NOT install any applications, other than setting up your gmail. Which means, when Google wants you do download and restore your apps, don't do it.

Let the Turbo run that way for a day or two...slowly put on no more than one or two apps at a time...pay attention to the Turbo.

Unless you have a device issue, most likely it is an app causing the locks.

Photoguy505

Apr 3, 2015
Visit site
Sorry, I don't see the feature anywhere either.

Sent from my Droid Turbo using Tapatalk

Sorry this is so late, it's probably been answered 6 times already. I have the Ultra (upgrading to Turbo in 1 week give or take) and it's running 4.4.4. I open the dialer, tap the menu dots, open the settings. Then I go down to caller id readout. it says "ring only" by default, but you can tap to change it. Options inside are:Ring Only, Caller ID then Ring and Caller ID repeat. Hope this helps

Photoguy505

Apr 3, 2015
Visit site
I use "A Better Camera" too, and I agree. Sometimes when pinch-zooming in the stock camera app it opens the menu and I miss the shot because I have to close the friggin menu before the camera will work. Oh well, luckily most of the time I'm carring a DSLR or a Olympus TG3. I use the camera app as a last resort, mostly

this_is_nascar

May 25, 2012
Visit site
Sorry this is so late, it's probably been answered 6 times already. I have the Ultra (upgrading to Turbo in 1 week give or take) and it's running 4.4.4. I open the dialer, tap the menu dots, open the settings. Then I go down to caller id readout. it says "ring only" by default, but you can tap to change it. Options inside are:Ring Only, Caller ID then Ring and Caller ID repeat. Hope this helps
What you describe is not available on the Turbo running 4.4.4. I truly miss this feature, as I had it and used it on my Droid RAZR Maxx running 4.1.2 or whatever it was. A great feature that should be brought back, that's only somewhat available using Moto Assist, but not exactly.

Sent from my Droid Turbo 64-gig from Tapatalk.

like2angle

Jan 29, 2012
Visit site
I use My Backup Pro to back up MMS, SMS, call logs and a few other settings. I leave my email on the servers for 90 days, save it permanently on outlook. I keep my Contacts and Calendar synked with google so its always there and google will always redownload your apps of you have to do a factory reset or get a new phone. I back up all my movies, pictures, and music manually to my computer. Hope this info helps!

James G Gottgetreu

Apr 26, 2015
Visit site
I've had many droids but my issue started with droid razor it was sluggish and so was razor max then later it went to having major!!! over heating issues then the razor max HD did the same after having it for 3wks and same with the turbo and I've replaced multiple phones for over heating up and destroying the battery it's gotten up to 130 degrees before I'm done with droids their junk pieces of **** as far as I'm concerned. It's always the cpu that heating up and I've had a cooler app and a battery app with a cooler in it and I've had to use them both I've had them get so hot you couldn't keep it in your hand for 2 seconds my advice is run away from ever!!! buying a Droid you couldn't give me a Droid for free

TurboHope

Apr 27, 2015
Visit site
My issue is the AC feature, static on both ends of the call, silence in the first few seconds of a call on the other end.

Posted via the Android Central App

TurboHope

Apr 27, 2015
Visit site
Ballistic version has had some issues with the nylon separating from the rubber sides. This report was straight from the Verizon rep

Posted via the Android Central App

CharlieL3

Banned
Dec 31, 2009
Visit site
I have had the Razr Maxx, the Razr Maxx HD, and currently have the Turbo, and I have never had a single overheating problem. The phone hardly gets warm while I'm using it.

dougdraws

Sep 21, 2014
Visit site
I have had the Razr Maxx, the Razr Maxx HD, and currently have the Turbo, and I have never had a single overheating problem. The phone hardly gets warm while I'm using it.

just got my droid the other day and after playing on the internet for an hour that big old battery sure does get warm

chbarrett817

May 18, 2015
Visit site
Having major major texting issues. Group messages, Photos, texts with iPhone, not getting texts right away are the main issues. I've tried different texting apps too including textra, go SMS pro, google and Verizon messaging.

Kyle Thiede

May 28, 2015
Visit site
Me and my parents all have the droid turbo and time warner cable all my friends come over and use Snapchat facebook Instagram and twitter but it doesn't work on the droid turbo anyone know how to fix this?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance