11-22-2015 07:52 PM
92 ... 234
tools
    Yeah, it functions just like my Razr Maxx did. I guess I was just over thinking something due to my awe of my new Turbo lol
    02-06-2015 09:26 PM
    I'm not sure if it can be disabled on the turbo, but you should be able to open the app drawer and drag the messaging app icon as if you wanted to place it on a home screen. However, there should be an "app info" drag target at the top of the display. Drag it there; if there is a disable button that's active, tap it and the messaging app will no longer appear in the app drawer or the share intents list.
    02-07-2015 08:11 AM
    Call My Droid is an integral part of Moto Voice. If you can't find your phone you can shout "OK Google (or whatever phrase you chose), call my droid" and the phone will ring with a high pitched tone so you can find it.

Sent Turbo-fast from my bulletproof 64GB Droid Turbo
    That doesn't really work all the time. I left my phone in my desk drawer - which was halfway open - and I was yelling out okay Google and it never did alert me.
    04-18-2015 12:50 PM
    I know this post is a couple months old but I just stumbled across it. Did you happen to disable an app called "Badger". Killing it would do what you described.

Hello. I went through and disabled several of the apps listed here. Now my calendar icon (the one that came with the phone) does not show the date. Which app would have controlled that?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    04-18-2015 07:41 PM
    Call My Droid is an integral part of Moto Voice. If you can't find your phone you can shout "OK Google (or whatever phrase you chose), call my droid" and the phone will ring with a high pitched tone so you can find it
    Yeah as long as you aren't farther than 3 feet away
    04-30-2015 08:52 PM
    If you are still on this site. I would like to know how you disabled the apps that are on screen and not in the "apps" area?
    05-23-2015 08:16 PM
    If you are still on this site. I would like to know how you disabled the apps that are on screen and not in the "apps" area?
    Can you give an example of the app name?

Posted via the Android Central App
    05-23-2015 08:36 PM
    If you get rid of ~`Google Keyboard`~.....don't plan on doing texts or typing of any kind. Just a thought is all. Now if you have a third party app of some kind I guess all would be well.....but if you don't - - you better leave it on.

05-23-2015 08:54 PM
    I realize this is an old thread but hopefully someone can help.
    I disabled most of the apps that have been listed with no, thankfully, ill effects, except one.
    I liked being able to wave or touch a dark screen and see the time. Which app should I enable to get that feature back?
    I did not disable the clock.

TIA

Edit: Found it. It was either the the Moto Display app or the Moto Actions app.
    06-11-2015 05:48 PM
    Try Moto actions, Moto display,
    KPMcClave likes this.
    06-11-2015 05:55 PM
    And don't ever feel you need to apologize for reviving a dead thread. You at least had enough sense to do that rather than starting a new one, so good job.
    KPMcClave and Masheen like this.
    06-11-2015 05:56 PM
    Emergency alerts can be truly lifesaving, especially if you live or visit areas that are tornado prone.
    08-14-2015 02:22 PM
    I'm trying to find out if I need the Google spp if i have the moto software? The Google app uses so much battery, but I want to still control the phone with voice commands.
    08-14-2015 02:27 PM
    I'm trying to find out if I need the Google spp if i have the moto software? The Google app uses so much battery, but I want to still control the phone with voice commands.
    Goole play services is what uses the battery, primarily Google Now if you have it enabled. You can do a number of things: I would recommend disabling Google Now (The Google App), you can also turn off location history in Google location settings, also you can try switching location from high accuracy to battery saving.
    08-14-2015 02:45 PM
    The Moto Voice App often defers to the Google Search or Google Now App for many searches and weather related questions... Appointments, reminders... Stuff like that... So if you use the Moto voice commands for stuff like that I would not disable the Google App.

08-15-2015 05:35 AM
    I know this post is a bit old but I was wondering if anyone could tell me if disabling the following apps on Droid Turbo will have any negative resuts like interfering with OTA updates (for Moto apps), or the Wireless Network (for the Verizon app). The apps in question are:

-Motorola Checkin
    -Motorola Services
    -Motorola Services Main
    -VZWAPN

11-22-2015 07:16 PM
    I know this post is a bit old but I was wondering if anyone could tell me if disabling the following apps on Droid Turbo will have any negative resuts like interfering with OTA updates (for Moto apps), or the Wireless Network (for the Verizon app). The apps in question are:

-Motorola Checkin
    -Motorola Services
    -Motorola Services Main
    -VZWAPN

Negative for checkin and vzw apn which is used for verizon bloat apps only.

Services I doubt would conflict with Ota, and updates come so infrequently that even if it did interfere, you'd already know an Ota is imminent, since you're here posting on AC and could just re-enable.
    11-22-2015 07:52 PM
92 ... 234