Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo In call earpiece volume issues

Dojam

Aug 18, 2010
Visit site
I also have issues with the in call volume... dispite of the recommendations in this thread! That is an issue for me since I work on a noisy enviroment. Seems like the Moto X (14) doesn't have that issue...

Shlymat61

Nov 4, 2014
Visit site
I have the same problem. The volume in the earpiece is extremely low on some calls so bad I can't hear the caller except if I turn on the speaker. Other calls I can hear, but not very well. I have the volume at 100 percent. What else can I do?

parkschr1

Nov 4, 2014
Visit site
Gosh dang it. I am dumb. I still do not see audio effects under the sound settings. Thanks for trying to help. Maybe I have a different software version or build number.

parkschr1

Nov 4, 2014
Visit site
Audio effects is on my old razr maxx in the exact spot everyone is telling me. But not my droid turbo. I did do the update. Maybe that is why it is not there.

anon(19759)

Trusted Member
Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
That's really strange that its not there for you. Don't worry too much, I turned that off and didn't make a bit of difference in my volume.

Posted via the Android Central App

neviander

Nov 10, 2014
Visit site
I was having the same issue. I don't remember seeing one particular trick, I found elsewhere, on this thread so I thought I'd share. If you put the middle of your ear to the top right corner of the phone, it's way louder. It's still an issue, but I've had a phone that you had to shove into your ear to be able to hear the other person talking, or if there's any relatively loud background noise, forget about it, and I don't want to relive that. I'm actually not even on the phone part of the phone that much. I'm thinking the next update will make the earpiece volume...more functional.

The external speakers are very loud, WAY louder than my Galaxy Nexus ever hoped to be. Everything else about the phone is top notch, and OH the battery life, so good.

UnkleBidii1

Nov 30, 2014
Visit site
I was having the same issue. I don't remember seeing one particular trick, I found elsewhere, on this thread so I thought I'd share. If you put the middle of your ear to the top right corner of the phone, it's way louder. It's still an issue, but I've had a phone that you had to shove into your ear to be able to hear the other person talking, or if there's any relatively loud background noise, forget about it, and I don't want to relive that. I'm actually not even on the phone part of the phone that much. I'm thinking the next update will make the earpiece volume...more functional.

The external speakers are very loud, WAY louder than my Galaxy Nexus ever hoped to be. Everything else about the phone is top notch, and OH the battery life, so good.

I'm having or been having this same problem with my Droid Maxx. In-call volume has always been low for me even though I have very good hearing. I've gone thru multiple Maxxs before finding a decent one that sounded a little better than previous ones. I'm wondering if it has to do with their so called ability to last 48hrs. For that reason they want to generate as less power toward the earpiece volume, which sucks cause this is a good phone and I want to hang on to it for as long as possible. I'm hoping the Lollipop update does something positive with their earpieces. But I haven't found much online with the Droid Maxx, just Razr Maxx with the same issues. I always have to have the volume at 100% to hear decently.

MikeLip

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
I don't have any problems with earpiece volume. In fact I can usually turn it down some. And I wear hearing aids. But the aids make me sensitive to phone position and I find that if I hold the phone so that the leftmost part of the speaker (looking at the phone from the display side, earpiece up) is closest to the microphone of my aids I get best results. You might want to shift the phone around on your ear.

leehardballer12

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
They must have fixed this issue because I've had no issue. Actually, I have to turn it down in 'normal' conditions. I was concerned about this before I got the Turbo coming from a BB Z30 which I felt had too low call volume. I have been very pleased with the call quality on this device.

Posted via the Android Central App

LaskoFan

Nov 4, 2014
Visit site
It has now been two weeks with my Turbo. I have a 64 BN and was very concerned about this situation prior to purchase. I'm happy to report that this has not been an issue and I'm loving the phone. Just my two cents.

anon(1733)

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
I just traded my turbo in for a Sony Z3v but the call volume on mine was fine. At first the volume was low until I realized the volume for calls only emits from the right side of the speaker. When held normal the volume was low. When insisted the phone so the right corner of the speaker was against my ear it was loud. To loud actually. Good luck and best wishes. The Turbo was a excellent device.

Janehughes

Nov 30, 2014
Visit site
Alright-

This might seem too easy, but a friend of mine had the same problem with his new Motorola Droid Turbo and was told to remove the protective screen cover. Now the phone sound is working perfectly. Good Luck.

Bamzilla

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
At first I thought in call volume was low but after shifting my position and getting used to it it's plenty loud that I've turned the volume down. I was at the Cavs-Spurs game recently and took a call with the crowd chanting and the mics are so good my friend didn't realize I was in the arena until I told him. No issues now.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance