Why isn't my Caller ID working when I get incoming calls?

jeepentj

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
Caller ID Not Working

I just moved from an S5 to the Turbo and for whatever reason, when a call comes in, caller ID isn't working even though the contact is in my contact list. Caller ID does work though when I call outbound so it's just an inbound problem. Is there a setting or something to actually turn on caller ID for inbound calls? I've never seen this happen on any of my other Android phones before.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Caller ID Not Working

I just moved from an S5 to the Turbo and for whatever reason, when a call comes in, caller ID isn't working even though the contact is in my contact list. Caller ID does work though when I call outbound
CallerID is code sent to your phone by the carrier during the interval between the first and second rings. There's no such thing as outbound callerID. Maybe you're using the term to mean something else, like the Phone app picking up info from your contact list (which has nothing to do with callerID). In that case, it could be a bad Phone app or a bad Contacts app.

In any event, the phone is under warranty, so bring it to the carrier and let them worry about it. You paid for the warranty (as part of the phone's price) - this is what it's for. (No, there's no setting to turn callerID on - it's done by the carrier's switching equipment. Your phone just displays what it receives - or is supposed to.)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
popipro