Droid turbo capacitive buttons to be updated to lollipop?

AndroidIsMyThing

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
I have noticed that the droid turbo has capacitive buttons, meaning that they only light up one way. There is no way to get a software update to change how they look, so when lollipop launches, will the droid turbos being made have the minimalistic lollipop buttons, or will they keep the older look?

I love onscreen buttons, so the capacitive buttons are the only thing putting me off from buying the turbo. If they will eventually come with lollipop buttons, I'll be all for it because they look gorgeous. I know it's a minor thing, but it majorly irks me that they can't change.

Firedogee

Banned
Sep 30, 2014
Visit site
Not likely. They might add the new Lollipop onscreen buttons in addition to the capacitive ones but I doubt that too.

Sent Turbo-fast from my bulletproof 64GB Droid Turbo

Bamzilla

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
I think we're stuck with what we got but the buttons will do the same things as of now. Manufacturers have had their own buttons for years now. I remember the Razr HD had different buttons than my Galaxy Nexus.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

AndroidIsMyThing

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
Since I could get this phone for 100 dollars, i believe the buttons are minor. It just makes me sad that that one beautiful feature of lollipop will be gone.

russel5150

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
I've never been bothered by the buttons. It will prob just be something that is accounted for when lollipop is formed for this phone.

Posted via the Android Central App

ckelly33

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
I hated the idea of it. Almost went for the LG G3 instead because of it. Went ahead and bought the Turbo. They aren't noticeable. Not a big deal.

Camera and in call volume, however are a disappointment. The ballistic nylon doesn't provide as much grip as expected. Those are my only complaints, I guess. Battery life seems to be good with less than 24 hours under my belt but it won't get 48 hours. Last night I charged it to 90% and used it for 8 hours with 3.5 hours on screen time and was down to about 58%. I keep my brightness down to about 20% and was on Wi-Fi the whole time.

russel5150

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
I hated the idea of it. Almost went for the LG G3 instead because of it. Went ahead and bought the Turbo. They aren't noticeable. Not a big deal.

Camera and in call volume, however are a disappointment. The ballistic nylon doesn't provide as much grip as expected. Those are my only complaints, I guess. Battery life seems to be good with less than 24 hours under my belt but it won't get 48 hours. Last night I charged it to 90% and used it for 8 hours with 3.5 hours on screen time and was down to about 58%. I keep my brightness down to about 20% and was on Wi-Fi the whole time.

I didn't like the call volume, until I realized the ear speaker isn't centered. Its to the right, and when I moved the phone slightly to put the speaker closer to my ear, its plenty loud.

Firedogee

Banned
Sep 30, 2014
Visit site
I didn't like the call volume, until I realized the ear speaker isn't centered. Its to the right, and when I moved the phone slightly to put the speaker closer to my ear, its plenty loud.

Thank you. This finally solves one of the only issues I have with Turbo.

Sent Turbo-fast from my bulletproof 64GB Droid Turbo

ckelly33

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
I'm wondering if my phone doesn't have an issue with the speaker. It vibrates badly on both notifications and media. Moving my phone to a different position on my ear did improve it but not significantly.

Does anyone else's phone speaker 'vibrate' terribly when pushed past 75%?

Mattc30

Nov 9, 2014
Visit site
Im new to this site and just got the Droid Turbo yesterday. I heard the Turbo will get the on screen lollipop buttons and the built ins would not work.Thats just what the Verizon guy told me.As far as the volume,did you turn off the voice privacy option?

PlayDLine

Dec 22, 2011
Visit site
I'm wondering if my phone doesn't have an issue with the speaker. It vibrates badly on both notifications and media. Moving my phone to a different position on my ear did improve it but not significantly.

Does anyone else's phone speaker 'vibrate' terribly when pushed past 75%?

Go into "audio effects" and disable them for speaker.

cdmta

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
Im new to this site and just got the Droid Turbo yesterday. I heard the Turbo will get the on screen lollipop buttons and the built ins would not work.Thats just what the Verizon guy told me.As far as the volume,did you turn off the voice privacy option?

That would be awful looking. They should know better.

scallawag

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I think a update may help the camera output a lot. I know people have different views on this but I think the camera in the Droid Maxx (I own two) was greatly improved by upgrades to the Maxx. If Moto can do this to the Maxx I would think they can and will improve the output of the Turbo. No I have no answer as to why its not better to begin with.

tvouge

Feb 9, 2012
Visit site

There is no way they'll add on screen buttons. That would be retarded.

1901Madison

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site

This is incorrect.