So I mentioned in another post I was surprised to see my 64gig turbo come w the Google Now Launcher. No one else seemed to have it.

I got to thinking when i got the phone at the store it started re downloading previous apps. I hadn't used this app since last year but it could have downloaded since it was in the history.

So now I'm curious, in the settings menu do you have a setting labeled Home? That's where I choose between the Google Now launcher, and launcher3.

Thanks

Posted via the Android Central App
    10-31-2014 10:11 PM
    Mine didn't come with GL
    10-31-2014 10:34 PM
    So I mentioned in another post I was surprised to see my 64gig turbo come w the Google Now Launcher. No one else seemed to have it.

I got to thinking when i got the phone at the store it started re downloading previous apps. I hadn't used this app since last year but it could have downloaded since it was in the history.

So now I'm curious, in the settings menu do you have a setting labeled Home? That's where I choose between the Google Now launcher, and launcher3.

Thanks

Does moto voice work with google now launcher?

10-31-2014 10:41 PM
    Yes it works fine.
    Do you have the Home selection in settings? Just below the WiFi and Bluetooth section?

I'm wondering if it installed itself from google play, beats me though lol.

Now I wonder if I should not use it and see if there is any noticeable difference n battery life or anything else

10-31-2014 10:41 PM
    OK, found a couple more people that had google now launcher running at the start up of the phone.. I can stop wondering now lol

10-31-2014 10:57 PM
    Google Now Launcher is not pre-installed on the Droid Turbo. It is likely that it was installed from your account backup.

Here's one way to find out - go to "Settings" -> "Apps" and click on Google Now Launcher.

If you can uninstall it, it wasn't there in the first place.

did your turbo come w Google Now launcher?-screenshot_2014-10-31-23-34-13.jpg
    dungoyle likes this.
    10-31-2014 11:35 PM
    Got my turbo day one and Google now launcher was not installed on the device.

11-01-2014 01:42 AM