Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Watch This!

Firedogee

Banned
Sep 30, 2014
Visit site
To see just how great the Turbo phone and screen really is - check out one of my very favorite HD nature videos. It is stunning on the Turbo display. Eye candy for days!

Teso Photography - The Mountain: http://youtu.be/_1f8w6fiXnA

Also check out Band of Brothers in HD with a good set of earbuds/headphones. So rich on the eyes and sounds great too!

If you have any other recommendations of how to really enjoy the eye candy of the Turbo let me know.

Sent Turbo-fast from my bulletproof 64GB Droid Turbo

Last edited:

Firedogee

Banned
Sep 30, 2014
Visit site
Re: Watch This!

I forgot to mention how to see Band of Brothers for Free:

If you have Amazon Prime, just download the Amazon Instant Video app from Amazon App Store...then login and you can watch Band of Brothers for free.

Dojam

Aug 18, 2010
Visit site

I know this doesn't belong to this thread... but I'm torn between the Droid Turbo and the Moto X. Help me decide giving me an outsider outlook... Thanks

Joe378

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site

I know this doesn't belong to this thread... but I'm torn between the Droid Turbo and the Moto X. Help me decide giving me an outsider outlook... Thanks

I have a similar situation, but between the Turbo and the upcoming nexus 6.

Posted via Android Central App

Highland Droid

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site

I used the 2014 X (bamboo) for a couple of weeks before trading it in for the Droid.

For me, the upgraded specs, the improved screen resolution, the wireless charging, and the absence of a single VZW logo made this a no brainer. Especially at the same price.

Plus VZW gave me $100 for trading in an old unused Bionic for the Droid that wasn't offered with the X.

I actually can't think of a single reason to opt for the X at this point. On screen buttons and Moto Maker have been trumped.

Posted via the Android Central App

Firedogee

Banned
Sep 30, 2014
Visit site

I used the 2014 X (bamboo) for a couple of weeks before trading it in for the Droid.

For me, the upgraded specs, the improved screen resolution, the wireless charging, and the absence of a single VZW logo made this a no brainer. Especially at the same price.

Plus VZW gave me $100 for trading in an old unused Bionic for the Droid that wasn't offered with the X.

I actually can't think of a single reason to opt for the X at this point. On screen buttons and Moto Maker have been trumped.

Did you mean "not to opt for the Turbo" or was that a Froidian slip? Lol

Firedogee

Banned
Sep 30, 2014
Visit site

Had the new Moto X for 2days but returned it once the specs of the Turbo were official and i knew it would have the moto voice and moto display. Even if I could get my custom 32 GB Moto X back for free I wouldn't do it. Turbo is truly in a class of its own.

Dojam

Aug 18, 2010
Visit site

I'm falling for the specs of the Turbo, however the aesthetics of the Moto X is what is keeping me on the fence... As well that more likely the Moto X will receive quicker updates than the Turbo!

ckelly33

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site

I'm falling for the specs of the Turbo, however the aesthetics of the Moto X is what is keeping me on the fence... As well that more likely the Moto X will receive quicker updates than the Turbo!

They run the same software so I don't think it will be an issue.

Dojam

Aug 18, 2010
Visit site

Had the new Moto X for 2days but returned it once the specs of the Turbo were official and i knew it would have the moto voice and moto display. Even if I could get my custom 32 GB Moto X back for free I wouldn't do it. Turbo is truly in a class of its own.

Thanks for your insight!... How is the signal quality of the Turbo compared to the Moto X(2014)? I have seen couple of threads with few complaints about it.

Firedogee

Banned
Sep 30, 2014
Visit site

Thanks for your insight!... How is the signal quality of the Turbo compared to the Moto X(2014)? I have seen couple of threads with few complaints about it.

Same as the Moto X at my house. Very good for my low signal neighborhood.

PS. If you haven't done so already, go into a store and hold the Turbo. It is surprisingly attractive and ergonomic for a Droid phone. Best one yet.

Dojam

Aug 18, 2010
Visit site

Same as the Moto X at my house. Very good for my low signal neighborhood.

PS. If you haven't done so already, go into a store and hold the Turbo. It is surprisingly attractive and ergonomic for a Droid phone. Best one yet.

I already did so yesterday! The ballistic nylon really looks good compared to the other ones. I currently have the Moto X (2013) and really fall in love with his abilities... Previously I had the Droid Maxx HD, and Droid Maxx...

Firedogee

Banned
Sep 30, 2014
Visit site

I already did so yesterday! The ballistic nylon really looks good compared to the other ones. I currently have the Moto X (2013) and really fall in love with his abilities... Previously I had the Droid Maxx HD, and Droid Maxx...

I'm really bummed that last year I opted for the Droid RAZR M rather than the 2013 Moto X. I have a feeling it would have been much better than RAZR.

Dojam

Aug 18, 2010
Visit site

I'm really bummed that last year I opted for the Droid RAZR M rather than the 2013 Moto X. I have a feeling it would have been much better than RAZR.

One last question... I'm buying full retail. Does the $100 credit for turning in an old phone apply too?
Thanks

Robisan

Apr 29, 2012
Visit site

I'm in the middle of my 14 days and dealing with the same question. With the trade-in deal I can effectively have either for the same price. I look at it this way:

1) Do I really need the extra battery? I mean need - as in enough that I'm willing live with the extra weight/bulk of the phone. Honestly, for my needs the answer is no. YMMV, as will many others. But for me, no.

2) 805 processor, 3gb of Ram and higher res screen are nice upgrades but for my usage will really see any difference. Again, for me, no.YMMV.

3) Here's the difficult one - the Turbo includes Qi, a turbo charger and one free screen replacement. All included for no additional cost ... except the "cost" of living with a bigger, heavier phone that, itself, doesn't do anything more for me than the lighter, better looking X. I'm a little bitter about this, but I'm still leaning to the X. It meets my needs and I think in the long run I might be just as bitter living with the weight/bulk of the Turbo.

You've got to answer these questions for yourself. There's no right answer for everyone.

Firedogee

Banned
Sep 30, 2014
Visit site

One last question... I'm buying full retail. Does the $100 credit for turning in an old phone apply too?
Thanks

From all that I've read it does not :(

Worth bringing an old smartphone with you just in case. Don't even need the old charger, just has to power on.

Firedogee

Banned
Sep 30, 2014
Visit site
You've got to answer these questions for yourself. There's no right answer for everyone.

You sir are one of the most loyal and patient people I've met on an Android forum. I commend you for your conviction and I trust that you will make a decision that you can have peace with. Let us know what you decide and how you feel 6mos. from now.

Dojam

Aug 18, 2010
Visit site

I'm in the middle of my 14 days and dealing with the same question. With the trade-in deal I can effectively have either for the same price. I look at it this way:

1) Do I really need the extra battery? I mean need - as in enough that I'm willing live with the extra weight/bulk of the phone. Honestly, for my needs the answer is no. YMMV, as will many others. But for me, no.

2) 805 processor, 3gb of Ram and higher res screen are nice upgrades but for my usage will really see any difference. Again, for me, no.YMMV.

3) Here's the difficult one - the Turbo includes Qi, a turbo charger and one free screen replacement. All included for no additional cost ... except the "cost" of living with a bigger, heavier phone that, itself, doesn't do anything more for me than the lighter, better looking X. I'm a little bitter about this, but I'm still leaning to the X. It meets my needs and I think in the long run I might be just as bitter living with the weight/bulk of the Turbo.

I agree with you , I have been living happy with the Moto X (2013) for the last year. Love the size and features. Never had any issues with the battery as I have a charger everywhere. A custome divice looks more classy than the bulky Turbo... and will look better once I get my hands on a Moto 360 with metal bands...