I have seen this discussed briefly on other post, but Softcard will not load on Droid Turbo. When I contacted vzw tech support they told me i need to contact Softcard tech support, but Softcard tech support has a message posted telling users to contact their carriers for tech support issues. Has anyone experienced this problem and have they been able to find a fix or get it working?
    11-01-2014 10:34 AM
    I have seen this discussed briefly on other post, but Softcard will not load on Droid Turbo. When I contacted vzw tech support they told me i need to contact Softcard tech support, but Softcard tech support has a message posted telling users to contact their carriers for tech support issues. Has anyone experienced this problem and have they been able to find a fix or get it working?
    I heard the system update patches this. Did you download the update from the bottom of settings screen?

Also, the app itself was updated in the Play Store.

Sent Turbo-fast from my bulletproof 64GB Droid Turbo
    11-01-2014 10:51 AM
    I used Google wallet without issue. Not a solution to your problem but have you tried that?
    11-01-2014 01:56 PM
    I heard the system update patches this. Did you download the update from the bottom of settings screen?

Also, the app itself was updated in the Play Store.

Sent Turbo-fast from my bulletproof 64GB Droid Turbo
    Great info ... I ran the update, installed the new Softcard App, and now it is running smoothly without errors. Thanks!
    11-01-2014 08:57 PM
    Spent an hour at the verizon store today while they tried to figure this one out. Replaced the SIM to no avail. Told me to call tech support, who then transferred me to the "special softcard team". They asked me how many bars of 4G I had. I replied 2. They told me to go somewhere that has constant 5 bars and try again. As soon as I find such a place I'll try again.
    11-25-2014 03:02 PM
    Spent an hour at the verizon store today while they tried to figure this one out. Replaced the SIM to no avail. Told me to call tech support, who then transferred me to the "special softcard team". They asked me how many bars of 4G I had. I replied 2. They told me to go somewhere that has constant 5 bars and try again. As soon as I find such a place I'll try again.
    I'm in the same boat. I had to exchange my DT for a new unit. There was an issue with camera. The new unit is running, but the softcard issue has returned. I executed all the updates, but it will not work. After an hour on the phone with VZW tech support and two phone calls with Softcard tech support, it still doesn't work. Softcard told me that "please be aware that Softcard may never be able to get it to work on this phone. The phone has a known network connection issue. We will try, but we can not guarantee it will work". After 2 weeks of trying, I gave up and decided to go with google wallet. I might try it again after Lollipop is released.
    11-26-2014 10:03 PM
    Definitely try to do a system update. Thats what fixed it for me.
    maxman1 likes this.
    11-26-2014 10:47 PM
    I downloaded the updates to the Android system and the program reloaded perfectly.
    Don't waste your time with Verizon or their Softcard team. They are clueless about this.
    12-02-2014 01:00 PM
    I got my turbo yesterday, never tried this or Google wallet before. So I tried setting up an account for soft card, but got an error saying I need 4G. Is this the error people are talking about, or is it because I'm on Wi-Fi? Tried updating the phone, but already says I'm up to date.
    12-05-2014 11:07 AM
    I got my turbo yesterday, never tried this or Google wallet before. So I tried setting up an account for soft card, but got an error saying I need 4G. Is this the error people are talking about, or is it because I'm on Wi-Fi? Tried updating the phone, but already says I'm up to date.
    Set it up when you are in a solid 4G area; once it is setup you don't need to have a signal to use it. I think the App wants to verify that you are a Verizon customer; it can't do that when on wifi.

I've enjoyed the $1 back for each purchase over $1 (up to $50 each month) for the last few months. I'm going to be sad come January when my morning Pepsi won't be $.06 any more
    12-05-2014 12:18 PM
    Please forgive my ignorance but, what is soft card?

Sent from my DROID Turbo64
    12-05-2014 12:32 PM
    Please forgive my ignorance but, what is soft card?
    It's Softcard, actually. It's a mobile payment solution offered by Verizon and other carriers, it's an app on your phone that uses tap to pay, very much like Apple Pay on the iPhone 6.

See https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...rizon.activity

You can also download and use Google's solution, Google Wallet, which I think is a better solution. https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...s.walletnfcrel

(Though I don't use either one, because credit cards remain fine for me. Well, I used GW once, to order something from a tap to pay vending machine when I forgot to bring my wallet with me when I went by the hotel's vending machine.)
    VZWsucks likes this.
    12-05-2014 12:42 PM