Have both the Note 4 and Droid Turbo. Torn between which one to keep.

willypguy

May 11, 2011
Visit site
The subject says it all. I have always liked Motorola phones, having the, Droid, Droid X, Droid Bionic, Droid RAZR, the RAZR Maxx HD, and the Droid Maxx but the Turbo seems off to me. I bought it to try the battery out.

But I have always liked the Note series as well, having owned the Note 2, 3 and now the 4.

Note 4, I hate touchwiz but I like the camera and the SD card slot.

Turbo, the camera is meh, but the battery and stock Android are great. The volume seems very low though on the earpiece, and the data shutting off while on a call is a big issue.

Any thoughts?

sodaboy581

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
Note 4, I hate touchwiz but I like the camera and the SD card slot.

Turbo, the camera is meh, but the battery and stock Android are great. The volume seems very low though on the earpiece, and the data shutting off while on a call is a big issue.
Sounds like your decision is an easy one. Keep the Note 4. TouchWiz is merely a cosmetic problem for the Note 4, but you identified data shutting off while on a call with the DROID Turbo as a "big issue".

For me, I returned a Note 4 for the DROID Turbo. Data shutting off while on a call is not an issue for me because I don't talk on the phone much. Plus, even when I *am* talking on the phone, I'm not surfing at the same time. Closest thing would be using Google Maps while on the phone, but you can cache maps so it really isn't a big deal. Not to mention, there WILL be an update at some point to enable Advanced Calling 1.0 (VoLTE) on the DROID Turbo, so simultaneous voice/data WILL be possible in the future.

anon(1733)

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
I'm debating this now. I have the note 4 and want the turbo. I'm going to Verizon today to play with the turbo. I love the looks of the turbo. The specs seem fantastic. Not having data while on a call is not a issue and it will get it soon anyway.

I do like the note 4. It does have some lag here and there nothing major. I'm mostly curious on the build quality and how it feels in hand compared to the note.

NickA

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
I'm in the same boat as the OP. I have the Note 4 and Moto X 2014 right now. I don't use the MX much because of the battery, and that display seems so dim compared to the N4.

My main issue with the N4 is size. When I had the Note 3 I wouldn't use it for more than a week or two at a time. Guess I need to play with the Turbo some more.

russel5150

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
Well I have gone back and forth for the the last could let of years.

I got the razr maxx when it came out, then traded it for the note 2. Kept that until I had to have the droid maxx last year, then kept that until I had to have the note 3 back from n march.. And if course I was happy w it.. But traded it for the droid turbo thursday..

Touchwiz never bothered me.. And I'm spoiled to big batteries that last all day.

I just realized that w all the note 3 would do, I didn't use a lot of it. So I'm back to the turbo.. The phone be feels so much smaller w only losing half an inch of screen.. And I still have a battery to get me through a long shift at work. ( I don't care if it lasts 48hrs, as long as it will last as good as my previous phones have, and so far it does)

Either phone is awesome, for different reasons.

Posted via the Android Central App

willypguy

May 11, 2011
Visit site
Thank you for all of your responses. I am currently using the turbo, I am leaning towards keeping both of them. I didn't really test the battery life on the turbo, but I do notice that it is more zippy than the Note 4. You don't realize how much lag a device has until you use another device and compare the two. I am enjoying the turbo and I may just live with the downfalls, knowing they may be temporary.

anon(1733)

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
Well I decided. I got the Turbo today and it is a fantastic decide so far. There was actually a Motorola rep at the store. First time I have seen any type of rep at the store. I talked to him a little bit. I asked about VOLTE and he said it should be coming by Q1 for sure. He said truthfully Verizon blames Motorola and Motorola blames Verizon but it is coming.

I also asked about getting Lollipop and he said it should be out about 3 weeks or so after Google releases it to the public. Very happy so far with the phone.
I want a case but I can't decide currently as I don't want to cover up that ballistic nylon backing. The phone rocks.

Glad I made the switch so far. We will see. Also does anyone know why the droid turbo forum is not on Tapatalk app. I have to use the Android Central app to access it. Weird.

tech_fan

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
Yeah. I am torn between the 2 models as well. I am leaning more towards the Turbo having seen the demo model. I am really liking the Ballistic Nylon and how it feels. I like how the buttons are grippy too. Also, if I want to be matchy mathcy, I should go with the Droid since I have a Moto 360 watch. Had the Samsung watches but never cared for the looks.

Sooks

Nov 3, 2009
Visit site
I have both as well and decided to go with the Turbo... Only thing I am missing on my Note 4 is the stupid good camera... But with L release.. And Camera API 2.0 I am sure something will be able to fix the current ****ty camera.

donebrasko

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
Well I decided. I got the Turbo today and it is a fantastic decide so far. There was actually a Motorola rep at the store. First time I have seen any type of rep at the store. I talked to him a little bit. I asked about VOLTE and he said it should be coming by Q1 for sure. He said truthfully Verizon blames Motorola and Motorola blames Verizon but it is coming.

I also asked about getting Lollipop and he said it should be out about 3 weeks or so after Google releases it to the public. Very happy so far with the phone.
I want a case but I can't decide currently as I don't want to cover up that ballistic nylon backing. The phone rocks.

Glad I made the switch so far. We will see. Also does anyone know why the droid turbo forum is not on Tapatalk app. I have to use the Android Central app to access it. Weird.

I have the same problem with a case. I want to keep the back exposed.... Maybe a bumper?

anon(1733)

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
I have the same problem with a case. I want to keep the back exposed.... Maybe a bumper?

Yeah. I saw the life proof case. It looks decent but the front edges are far to wide. I just don't know.

jhnnyblze2000

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
I returned the note 4 for the turbo. I'm sure the note 4 has stronger WiFi and calling signal and all that. That many reviews all can't possibly be wrong about that lol but having said that I don't really notice a difference in speeds or calls or anything else between the 2 so far. Only thing I miss like everyone else States is the camera.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey