Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Front facing camera issue

Oct 6, 2014
Visit site
For some reason I can't switch to the front camera on my turbo. I was able to restart my phone and then it reappeared and I was able to use it. Now It's happening again and I tried to restart the phone again but it didn't fix it this time.. Any ideas what the problem is?

Posted via the Android Central App

Firedogee

Banned
Sep 30, 2014
Visit site
Re: Front facing camera issue

For some reason I can't switch to the front camera on my turbo. I was able to restart my phone and then it reappeared and I was able to use it. Now It's happening again and I tried to restart the phone again but it didn't fix it this time.. Any ideas what the problem is?

The phone has a minimum handsomeness threshold for selfies.

Jk, don't know. I'll test mine out.

Sent Turbo-fast from my bulletproof 64GB Droid Turbo

Firedogee

Banned
Sep 30, 2014
Visit site
Going to have to get a replacement. Haven't even had the phone a week. 😒

I noticed it sometimes won't switch to front camera if you opened camera app with the Twist hand action. That might be the problem.

EDIT: Ignore what I wrote above. It works for me either way. Maybe update the Moto Camera app from Google Play store and give it another try before returning?

Sent Turbo-fast from my bulletproof 64GB Droid Turbo

ashbranon

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site

I have had the same problem with the front facing camera... Once I uninstalled it and re-downloaded the app and it worked this time it's not. Any ideas on the fix?

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
How did you uninstall the front facing camera app? It's a default app, so I'm not sure how to do it

I believe in settings / apps, find camera, you can tap and then tap the button "uninstall updates". Then back in the play store the camera app will show an update.

It's worth a try...