Droid Turbo Email App and Widget

acole10000

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
I moved from a Droid Maxx XT1080m and my primary use is for voice calls and email via my 2 Microsoft Exchange accounts on office 365.

All in all the phone is nice, a tad bit thicker and a tad larger footprint then the maxx,

The email app and widget on the Maxx variant was perfect, color coded notifications, black theme, white reading pane etc...The new Turbo version is the gmail client, no colored coded notifications, it displays last folder which makes the screen busy and I use a black theme for the phone itself and the the Turbo's widget is white and yes they do have a dark them for the client but the reading pane is grey and makes it very tough to read.

My only complaint with the Maxx is memory management, I am thinking I might stay with the Maxx unless someone can enlighten me on a better solution to the email client.

galpdawg

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
I tried downloading the apk from my droid maxx since I liked that email better but it seems to still not work the same on turbo as it did on the maxx. I also cant get the sync settings for corporate or other email to push like it did on my Maxx

motorcycle_monkey

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
I am new to the Turbo, from the MAXX, have the same complaint. Did anyone find a resolution to the no dark theme on the default email app?

Cheers!

Toes Up

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
I came from a Maxx as well. I recently had problems with the stock email app (unread mailbox, see another thread) so I finally got fed up and ditched the stock app. I went with K9, per Doogald's suggestion, but the Type Mail (formerly Blue) is pretty good too. It depends on what you like, lots of choices.............

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1