11-03-2015 08:05 PM
679 ... 89101112 ...
tools
    Great review! I just love love love this shell holster case! Been using this same style case all the way back to my old Droid Razr M and it provides just enough protection while adding very little bulk. The kickstand is a huge bonus!
    11-21-2014 02:46 PM
    I'm running around with this case on my BN edition phone, with flexible glass protector on the front (slightly lowered on the screen so that it doesn't cut halfway through the buttons). It's the shell holster case from Verizon.

A few reasons why I chose this one:
    • My phone won't fit in pocket, ESPECIALLY with a case on it - they don't make pockets in women's jeans a useful size anymore.
    • It provides a slightly raised border for the front, protecting the screen when phone is face-down.
    • It doesn't stick out from your hip very far at all, unlike the holsters from years ago that you'd hit your elbows on all the time.
    • I had one of these for my DNA, and it took the damage from drops instead of my phone. Not a ding on that phone by the time I retired it!
    • Haven't been able to try it with the Turbo yet, but with my DNA I was able to use the wireless charging just fine. Store was out of the wireless chargers, so I'm waiting for one to be shipped in from another store.
    • Doesn't obstruct any of the ports/buttons/etc.
    • Slides in and out of the holster securely, but smoothly. No need to undo an awkward-looking latch in order to retrieve your phone.

Attachment 149701
    Do be careful with that case, a couple of users reported that those 4 tabs pressed on and separated the ballistic nylon a bit.

Posted via the Android Central App
    11-21-2014 07:14 PM
    Do be careful with that case, a couple of users reported that those 4 tabs pressed on and separated the ballistic nylon a bit.

What was the outcome with the damage? Did Verizon replace them?
    11-21-2014 10:38 PM
    What was the outcome with the damage? Did Verizon replace them?
    I've had this case on my BN Turbo for over a week and no problems with the Nylon. Little indentations that rub out easily, but no separation or fraying of nylon at all.
    11-22-2014 01:27 AM
    I've had this case on my BN Turbo for over a week and no problems with the Nylon. Little indentations that rub out easily, but no separation or fraying of nylon at all.
    Same here
    11-22-2014 07:14 AM
    I'm having a tough time picturing what's happening with the nylon for all these folks. Mine is pristine...

Sent from my Droid Turbo using Tapatalk
    11-22-2014 07:22 AM
    I'm having a tough time picturing what's happening with the nylon for all these folks. Mine is pristine...

Sent from my Droid Turbo using Tapatalk
    The four tabs on the case (which are there to hold the device securely) evidently are causing some sort of "indentations" or marks on the nylon where they meet. Some say they "rub right out" while others like the post above claim they have caused damage to the device.
    11-22-2014 08:22 AM
    I got the Tech21 case for my Ballistic Nylon 64GB. It fits perfectly and looks nice, but I prefer not using the case. It just makes the phone too big and heavy. I would love to see a simple bumper case available, especially because I love the feel of the nylon.
    Bamzilla likes this.
    11-22-2014 09:33 AM
    I picked up the black incipio case at Verizon mixed emotions. I really just wanna run it naked?

Anyone else case it? If so what'd you snag

Got my first ding last night. On the bezel. Made me mad at myself for being clumsy. Any bezel only cases out there that leave the back exposed?
    11-22-2014 10:13 AM
    I received the black glossy silicone case from Verizon yesterday. The one that costs. $19.99. It fits my BN 64GB Turbo very well. In fact, rather than not gripping the sides or the upper corner, it is somewhat difficult to get back off (but I've had more difficult cases that were definitely made for their phone). So far, so good for fit. Also, while not "grippy" it is less slippery than it looks. Probably less slippery than the Commuter case I had for my Maxx.

The problem, though, is that the thing is immediatly a constant fingerprint magnet. Hate that. I'm going to keep it, but as other options arise, it will drop to no use at all.
    11-22-2014 01:19 PM
    I received the black glossy silicone case from Verizon yesterday. The one that costs. $19.99. It fits my BN 64GB Turbo very well. In fact, rather than not gripping the sides or the upper corner, it is somewhat difficult to get back off (but I've had more difficult cases that were definitely made for their phone). So far, so good for fit. Also, while not "grippy" it is less slippery than it looks. Probably less slippery than the Commuter case I had for my Maxx.

The problem, though, is that the thing is immediatly a constant fingerprint magnet. Hate that. I'm going to keep it, but as other options arise, it will drop to no use at all.
    I found that case difficult to remove compared to others on a MG version too. I didn't want to take it off my sisters phone much because it felt like it tugged too much.

Sent from my Motorola Droid Turbo
    KPMcClave likes this.
    11-22-2014 01:26 PM
    If anyone is looking for a belt clip holster/pouch to fit an Otterbox or Lifeproof case I have found one. The company is Turtleback Case. They are made in the USA and the quality is great! I looked around on the website and found one I thought might work and gave it a try.
    turtlebackcase.com

Its listed specs are "Fits Samsung Galaxy S5 and HTC One m8 with Otterbox. Fits devices 6 1/4" X 3 1/4"X 3/4"
    Mine came in the mail today and I can say that it fits the Lifeproof case perfect and also an Otterbox Defender case fits great too! It looks big but when its on your belt it doesn't feel big. It fits snug against your body. They offer one with a snap to close or magnetic.

They also list a case for the Droid Turbo. I got that aswell. Its smaller and it does fit the phone with no case at all. Its a little on the snug side and you have to make sure you put the bottom of the phone in first. If you go in top first the power button hits the side and the phone turns off. Overall it fits nice for a naked Turbo. I have had a case from them for my Razr Maxx HD for about two years now. That case has held up great. They are top quality cases!

I can't post links so you will have to go to there website and check them out.
    11-22-2014 03:40 PM
    I can now confirm that this style case does NOT fit the 64GB Turbo with BN. The sides do not come up far enough. Too bad, this is a very nice little case at an excellent price (from China):

DROID TURBO: Cases-_12.jpg

It also comes in the "S line" style:

DROID TURBO: Cases-_12.jpg

So, don't get one of these if you have the ballistic nylon, but grab one for sure if you have the metalized glass. There are US sellers with them on eBay now.
    Eclipse2K likes this.
    11-22-2014 04:27 PM
    Got my first ding last night. On the bezel. Made me mad at myself for being clumsy. Any bezel only cases out there that leave the back exposed?
    I am currently using the bumper only part of the casemate naked case. It provides bezel protection and keeps the screen elevated when face down but leaves the back exposed. It holds on pretty well. Not perfect but I really like it. And I can easily put the clear back on of I expect to be in a nasty environment.
    11-22-2014 06:22 PM
    Yeah, it works on my MG. Basic, but it definitely offers protection, a little less grip than the 19.99 Verizon one but it has these friction notches on the side that work well. About 2 weeks from China. Got my Seidio Grip last week and this came today and I don't need it. If someone wants to Paypal me $2.50 I'll put it in the mail and you'll have it in 2-3 days. It's black. Those letters by his thumb are not on the case.

Soft Gel Skin TPU Rubber Case Cover for Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo XT1254 | eBay

11-22-2014 08:33 PM
    I was wondering what the tabs were for - those weren't there for the version designed for the DNA I had before.

Even if it *did* dent the nylon, the shell will be on there 99.5% of the time anyway, so I'm not too concerned.
    11-22-2014 10:38 PM
    Anyone heard an update from Diztronic?
    11-26-2014 12:03 PM
    Anyone heard an update from Diztronic?
    I've been emailing them and, kudos to them, they're excellent at responding in great time. The last response I got (Monday morning) was that they're unsure of a release date. Also, they're president is unsure of it as well. I'm going to guess it will be prior to Christmas. It'd be in their best interest financially to do that. Either way, I'm watching my inbox.
    11-26-2014 03:46 PM
    That looks exactly like the VSTN case I got from Amazon, which didn't fit my ballistic nylon turbo (and which they've since updated the product listing to say that).
    11-26-2014 05:53 PM
    Anybody want this case? I have one, it doesn't fit my ballistic nylon turbo. If you want it let me know and I'll give you my email so you can send me $5 on PayPal and I'll send it out via USPS. http://smile.amazon.com/Motorola-qua...oid+turbo+case
    11-26-2014 05:55 PM
    I've been emailing them and, kudos to them, they're excellent at responding in great time. The last response I got (Monday morning) was that they're unsure of a release date. Also, they're president is unsure of it as well. I'm going to guess it will be prior to Christmas. It'd be in their best interest financially to do that. Either way, I'm watching my inbox.
    When I initially emailed them, the rep told me the case would be out by Thanksgiving but obviously that's not going to materialize. There must be some sort of delay with the manufacturing process. Maybe it has to do with making two versions for the case.
    11-26-2014 06:27 PM
    I bit the bullet and ordered a Lifeproof for my BN. I talked to a rep about the muffled sound and echo issues that people have mentioned, and was told that they took their entire initial batch o' cases off of the shelves and replaced them recently with a redesign that addresses sound issues. Who knows what that means exactly, but that along with the 25% off on their website this weekend convinced me to go for it. The rep also said that it should fit the BN version with no issues.

It seems like I'm a rare bird around here because I'm wanting a case with port covers. Right now, there seems to be only the Lifeproof Fre, Otterbox Commuter and Defender. Trident told me that they're going to put out an Aegis in Jan. But I think that's it? I've used a Commuter and an Aegis before - they were both pretty good, but I'm hoping for something better.
    11-29-2014 01:35 AM
    For those waiting for a TPU case from Diztronic - must be getting close as the Turbo is listed on their site although no image yet.

Motorola : Diztronic.com: Protective Cases for Mobile Phones
    11-29-2014 09:14 AM
    I'm running around with this case on my BN edition phone, with flexible glass protector on the front (slightly lowered on the screen so that it doesn't cut halfway through the buttons). It's the shell holster case from Verizon.

A few reasons why I chose this one:
    • My phone won't fit in pocket, ESPECIALLY with a case on it - they don't make pockets in women's jeans a useful size anymore.
    • It provides a slightly raised border for the front, protecting the screen when phone is face-down.
    • It doesn't stick out from your hip very far at all, unlike the holsters from years ago that you'd hit your elbows on all the time.
    • I had one of these for my DNA, and it took the damage from drops instead of my phone. Not a ding on that phone by the time I retired it!
    • Haven't been able to try it with the Turbo yet, but with my DNA I was able to use the wireless charging just fine. Store was out of the wireless chargers, so I'm waiting for one to be shipped in from another store.
    • Doesn't obstruct any of the ports/buttons/etc.
    • Slides in and out of the holster securely, but smoothly. No need to undo an awkward-looking latch in order to retrieve your phone.

Attachment 149701
    I use this case since I am fairly active at my job and phones have gotten to big and too fragile to keep in a front pocket, especially with my occupation.
    Your points are right on. And it pops of easily when I'm done with work, since I prefer to not use a case outside of work.
    In over three weeks now, I have had no issue with tabs indenting, or otherwise damaging the BN. I wonder if that is something that is assumed to could maybe possibly happen by someone who has never used the case...
    I have the Tylt Vu wireless charger and it works with the case on.
    11-29-2014 11:22 AM
    I use this case since I am fairly active at my job and phones have gotten to big and too fragile to keep in a front pocket, especially with my occupation.
    Your points are right on. And it pops of easily when I'm done with work, since I prefer to not use a case outside of work.
    In over three weeks now, I have had no issue with tabs indenting, or otherwise damaging the BN. I wonder if that is something that is assumed to could maybe possibly happen by someone who has never used the case...
    I have the Tylt Vu wireless charger and it works with the case on.
    I have the case and hesitant to use it - thanks for clarifying.
    11-29-2014 12:09 PM
679 ... 89101112 ...