11-03-2015 07:05 PM
679 ... 1718192021 ...
tools
    Just got the Tudia today for my 64gb BN...I absolutely love this case. Makes the phone feel really nice in hand and looks awesome. Really liking it. ..almost as thin as Diztronic, but looks much better and seams better made.

Posted via the Android Central App
    KPMcClave likes this.
    12-24-2014 10:30 PM
    Just got the Tudia today for my 64gb BN...I absolutely love this case. Makes the phone feel really nice in hand and looks awesome. Really liking it. ..almost as thin as Diztronic, but looks much better and seams better made.

Both cases are high quality but past experience tells me Diztronic doesn't become worn out as fast by the power button. We shall see if this is the case with Tudia on the Turbo.
    12-24-2014 11:24 PM
    I feel like the Tudia case is a little slick on the back. I wish they would have taken the plastic they used for the top and bottom and wrapped it around the face of the phone. It's the same plastic that my S3's case was made of and I really liked it.
    12-25-2014 07:44 AM
    Which brand are they?

Odd it cut off the descriptions. Sorry. The Tudia TPU and the Tudia Cygen Dual Layer. The DualLayer is a little slick. I hope it roughs up a little. Trying the TPU today and it is a little grippier and surprisingly nice for a TPU.
    KPMcClave likes this.
    12-25-2014 03:28 PM
    The only thing I dislike about the Tudia is the stock power cord pushes the lip because of how its designed.
    12-25-2014 07:19 PM
    I got the Motorola leather and Ballistic Nylon flip case for my 64GB Turbo. I didn't think I would like it, but it's great! Unlike many other flip cases I have seen for other devices, this one offers full protection all around and still has many functions available to use with it flipped closed.

KPMcClave likes this.
    12-25-2014 11:33 PM
    Thanks for the comparison. I actually dislike clear cases. If I'm gonna have a case on it anyway, I want it to look nice in and of itself (to some degree).
    The Maxx has a VZW sols bumper that was perfect IMHO for phones like Turbo/Maxx that pay attention to design and backing as much as they do.

I was hoping for a similar on the Turbo, but only found the CaseLogic Naked Tough (its clear, I know you don't like clear cases) but its the closest I've found and the metallic looking rocker/power buttons make a nice touch and it adds little size and to me makes the phone feel better in the hands to handle.

KPMcClave likes this.
    12-26-2014 07:55 AM
    It's Case-Mate Naked Tough, not CaseLogic. :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    12-26-2014 07:57 AM
    So is the general consensus that Tudia is the thinnest case available for the BN?
    It is between the Tudia and Casemate clear. I prefer the casemate ever so slightly. Tudia is great for a black TDU option. Tudia weights a mere 0.1 oz more than the casemate.
    12-26-2014 10:29 AM
    I don't really like the Verizon black glossy silicone case much. Maybe I will get a black Tudia while I wait for the Diztronics.

Hi, I'm Kevin, and I'm a geek.
    12-26-2014 11:01 AM
    The Diztronic for the BN will be released very soon. Based on the email they sent me last week,possibly next week.

12-26-2014 12:15 PM
    The Diztronic for the BN will be released very soon. Based on the email they sent me last week,possibly next week.

Excellent. Thanks, Mike. I am definitely getting a red Diztronic (assuming there is one for BN).
    12-26-2014 01:17 PM
    I'm not sure if this has been addressed but does the Case Mate Naked scratch easily on the backing? I just received the Pure Gear clear case and it seems to have many fine scratches on the back. It may not bother some people but it bothers me a little, haha.
    12-26-2014 01:26 PM
    Went naked since launch since I figured I'd be fine having never dropped an electronic device in my life. Well, it ended up falling out of my pocket while getting out of the car the other day and got a nice crack all the way across the screen. I'm getting an otterbox for my replacement when it arrives.
    12-26-2014 01:45 PM
    Went naked since launch since I figured I'd be fine having never dropped an electronic device in my life. Well, it ended up falling out of my pocket while getting out of the car the other day and got a nice crack all the way across the screen. I'm getting an otterbox for my replacement when it arrives.
    Please don't take this personally, but there are way too many people on here that have said "I always went nekked on my phones but now......" I know cases and screen protectors are for us OCD phone types. Even though cases usually are not the prettiest, we know in our own mind that our phone is still new and shiny underneath.

12-26-2014 02:03 PM
    Please don't take this personally, but there are way too many people on here that have said "I always went nekked on my phones but now......" I know cases and screen protectors are for us OCD phone types. Even though cases usually are not the prettiest, we know in our own mind that our phone is still new and shiny underneath.

I'm one of those people that's never used a case. In two years with my Maxx HD I fumbled it once but caught it before it hit the ground and one time I accidentally knocked it off the armrest of my chair onto a carpeted floor. My previous phone had no incidences. But in less than a month I've fumbled my Turbo twice, both times catching it before it fell, so I'm considering a case.
    12-26-2014 02:40 PM
    Not yet in my experience. Seems like a reasonably hard plastic.
    12-26-2014 03:38 PM
    Received my Tudia case. I ordered a clear because I wanted to try something different. Thinner and more sturdier than a tech21. I am going to use this until Diztronic cases come out and see how much thinner it is. Thumbs up to Tudia
    KPMcClave likes this.
    12-26-2014 04:35 PM
    Received my Tudia case. I ordered a clear because I wanted to try something different. Thinner and more sturdier than a tech21. I am going to use this until Diztronic cases come out and see how much thinner it is. Thumbs up to Tudia
    How clear is clear since it says frosted clear in the description? The top and bottom edges look much clearer than the back. I don't get why the whole thing can't be actually "CLEAR"!
    12-26-2014 07:31 PM
    I'm not sure if this has been addressed but does the Case Mate Naked scratch easily on the backing? I just received the Pure Gear clear case and it seems to have many fine scratches on the back. It may not bother some people but it bothers me a little, haha.
    Ditto with mine, but I can deal with it for now until it's bad enough to replace.
    12-26-2014 07:33 PM
    The top and bottom are straight see through as expected. The rear is pretty cloudy. Cloudier than you would expect but you can still see the "Droid" logo decently and the Moto logo a little bit. I think it looks pretty cool. I was getting sick of black cases.
    mahers likes this.
    12-26-2014 07:58 PM
    No criticism intended, but I never understood why folks pocket carry. I carry mine in a clip holster or leather holster, so I don't have to worry about it falling out of my shirt or jacket pocket, or being squished in my pants pocket. I'm still nekkid using a belt holster for carry.
    12-26-2014 08:00 PM
    No criticism intended, but I never understood why folks pocket carry. I carry mine in a clip holster or leather holster, so I don't have to worry about it falling out of my shirt or jacket pocket, or being squished in my pants pocket. I'm still nekkid using a belt holster for carry.
    I feel restricted by a belt holster. It doesn't feel great when I have a seat belt on or sitting down. I used to love them but with the size of phones now I can't do it.
    KPMcClave and leehardballer12 like this.
    12-26-2014 08:21 PM
    What do you use as a belt holster?
    12-26-2014 09:24 PM
    What do you use as a belt holster?
    Presently, the one below from Ebay for $6.79. Waiting to get the Seidio spring clip holster for naked Turbos.

Leather Pouch Belt Clip Case Holster for Motorola Droid Turbo XT1254 Accessory | eBay

DROID TURBO: Cases-case1.jpgDROID TURBO: Cases-case2.jpg
    ibcop likes this.
    12-26-2014 10:07 PM
679 ... 1718192021 ...