11-03-2015 08:05 PM
679 1234 ...
tools
    Does anyone know, if another manufacturer will be making a case or bumper for it? The bumper I really liked for the Moto X was the Halo bumper. Had the battery lasted longer on the Moto X, I would have kept it. It was a sharp looking phone. Also, Motorola and Verizon killed it in the end so, I won't go down that road.
    PeninaD likes this.
    11-01-2014 10:26 PM
    Does anyone know, if another manufacturer will be making a case or bumper for it? The bumper I really liked for the Moto X was the Halo bumper. Had the battery lasted longer on the Moto X, I would have kept it. It was a sharp looking phone. Also, Motorola and Verizon killed it in the end so, I won't go down that road.
    The hula bumper was made by Casemate. You can check their website or keep an eye out on Amazon and Moto website, but nothing yet.

Sent Turbo-fast from my bulletproof 64GB Droid Turbo
    11-01-2014 10:43 PM
    That's the only bad part about an exclusive type of device is the lack of accessories. Most large manufacturers won't produce a ton of cases because the sales just aren't there.

I must say though I enjoy having a device that a billion people own. I like being unique. Especially with this beast. 😀
    11-01-2014 11:06 PM
    That's the only bad part about an exclusive type of device is the lack of accessories. Most large manufacturers won't produce a ton of cases because the sales just aren't there.

I must say though I enjoy having a device that a billion people own. I like being unique. Especially with this beast.
    True dat. I went to the Verizon store today to chat with the rep. He told me that he has sold a lot of them mainly because of the incentives. People that normally would not be able to upgrade can because of the promo. Others are taking advantage of the other promotions. He told me that when my account gets all straightened out, I should start to see the incentives which might be too good to pass up.

I did a search on Nexus 6, Note 4 and Turbo accessories and was sad when I saw what was available for the Droid Turbo. The other phones had a lot. I even went on to Etzy thinking that there might be more.
    11-02-2014 12:44 AM
    I'm going to use it naked, but get a tempered glass screen protector.
    dungoyle and tech_fan like this.
    11-02-2014 12:53 AM
    Am I the only one who likes the Verizon case & holster that has the kick stand? I spend quite a bit of time in the outdoors, so I'm looking at the Lifeproof. The only thing is that I would need some sort of belt clip to go with it.

Posted via the Android Central App
    PeninaD and johnnyshinta like this.
    11-02-2014 01:06 AM
    Am I the only one who likes the Verizon case & holster that has the kick stand? I spend quite a bit of time in the outdoors, so I'm looking at the Lifeproof. The only thing is that I would need some sort of belt clip to go with it.

I am using the shell an holster case for my Turbo right now. I also used one on my Droid Maxx. Love it. The only case I think is better is the Speck Candyshell Grip case for Droid Maxx. I am hoping Speck will make it for Droid Turbo as well.
    11-02-2014 01:34 AM
    Tech21 on 64GB Ballistic Nylon. I love it. Collects prints but its very grippy. Gives the phone a great feel but the smokey back and orange edges look great.

Sent from my Motorola Droid Turbo
    Attached Thumbnails DROID TURBO: Cases-uploadfromtaptalk1414910251558.jpeg   DROID TURBO: Cases-uploadfromtaptalk1414910260748.jpeg  
    11-02-2014 01:38 AM
    Tech21 on 64GB Ballistic Nylon. I love it. Collects prints but its very grippy. Gives the phone a great feel but the smokey back and orange edges look great.

Is this only sold from Verizon stores?

11-02-2014 01:56 AM

Not sure but that's where I bought it.

11-02-2014 02:14 AM
    I'm using the kickstand one as well from Verizon. I originally got it just for something to have in the beginning while I wait for more cases to come out but I'm actually kinda digging it.
    johnnyshinta likes this.
    11-02-2014 02:36 AM
    I'm using the kickstand one as well from Verizon. I originally got it just for something to have in the beginning while I wait for more cases to come out but I'm actually kinda digging it.
    What brand is this one? I might go in store and look at it tomorrow.

11-02-2014 03:26 AM

Thats the one i got from the verizon store. I dis notice the same glass cleaner i wipe my screens with makes the case "sticky" again.. Getting the film off from holding it

11-02-2014 04:07 AM
    Thats the one i got from the verizon store. I dis notice the same glass cleaner i wipe my screens with makes the case "sticky" again.. Getting the film off from holding it

Skin oils make it a bit slicker but of course cleaning it helps.

11-02-2014 04:12 AM
    Going naked for now but need to get a screen prot for it. Store ran out of them Thursday night when I picked it up. Still have the protective film on it from box which looks awful with the writing on it.

Side note the rep didn't know or was playing stupid about the one-time replacement screen when he was trying to sell me insurance
    11-02-2014 04:40 AM
    I got the 64gb and it fits in the otterbox case sold by verizon
    11-02-2014 07:38 AM
    Does that case cover up the extra mics in the front and back? The one in the back is used for video recording so I'm concerned.

How many mics does it have?

11-02-2014 08:02 AM
    How many mics does it have?

3 on the back
    11-02-2014 08:20 AM

For $29.99 :O
    11-02-2014 08:21 AM
    My sales rep told me that it's not just the turbo that it's any new phone they sell that has insurance, even though you're not using the insurance to get it replaced.

11-02-2014 08:53 AM
    What brand is this one? I might go in store and look at it tomorrow.

I'm not sure of the name, but here's a picture of the box it came in!
    DROID TURBO: Cases-img_20141102_064828919.jpg

Slim profile but it is still a little slippery.
    11-02-2014 08:56 AM

Like when a dog owner shakes his keys or says a magic phrase ("milkbone cookie"), my ears stood up and head turned reflexively when you said "grippy". I'm all about finding a case that adds grip. I will need to check this out at my local store. I did get the otter box commuter case. The sides of that case have some grip, but the back does not. Also, otter box cases tend to insulate too much, and my battery temp is higher while using them. I'm of the school of thought that it's better to have a grippy case than a lot of drop protection. The best way to protect against drops is to not drop it in the first place. These new generation phones are in the midst of a size war, and my hands stopped growing 20 years ago when my epiphyseal plate stopped growing. (That's y'all's word of the day. "Ok Google Now, what is epiphyseal plate?")

Btw, it's good to see you back in the Droid family. Understandable why you took a hiatus. That Droid Razr Maxx HD was a "turd in the punch bowl" of the otherwise fine Droid family. My GF couldn't wait to get rid of hers. Both ours had wifi issues.

This is basically what I did to that phone when I upgraded to Droid Maxx:

DROID TURBO: Cases-imageuploadedbytapatalk1414941156.165426.jpg
    dmark44 and Eclipse2K like this.
    11-02-2014 10:05 AM

Slim profile but it is still a little slippery.
    Those shell cases become more grippy after a week or so of use. Either the oil in your hands does something to the material or some outer coating gets worn down. It doesn't look any different, but grip will increase a bit after handling it and rubbing your hands on it after a week. Happened with every Verizon shell and holster case for my previous phones. Also, the kick stand is tough to open at first. Likewise, pulling it out of the holster will become easier after several pulls since it loosens up a bit.
    PeninaD likes this.
    11-02-2014 10:24 AM
    Like when a dog owner shakes his keys or says a magic phrase ("milkbone cookie"), my ears stood up and head turned reflexively when you said "grippy". I'm all about finding a case that adds grip. I will need to check this out at my local store. I did get the otter box commuter case. The sides of that case have some grip, but the back does not. Also, otter box cases tend to insulate too much, and my battery temp is higher while using them. I'm of the school of thought that it's better to have a grippy case than a lot of drop protection. The best way to protect against drops is to not drop it in the first place. These new generation phones are in the midst of a size war, and my hands stopped growing 20 years ago when my epiphyseal plate stopped growing. (That's y'all's word of the day. "Ok Google Now, what is epiphyseal plate?")

Btw, it's good to see you back in the Droid family. Understandable why you took a hiatus. That Droid Razr Maxx HD was a "turd in the punch bowl" of the otherwise fine Droid family. My GF couldn't wait to get rid of hers. Both ours had wifi issues.

This is basically what I did to that phone when I upgraded to Droid Maxx:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414941156.165426.jpg 
Views:	491 
Size:	25.4 KB 
ID:	145338
    Yeah, it's plenty grippy. If it ever becomes less grippy from your skin oils just wash the case with soap and water and you'll be good again.

11-02-2014 10:32 AM
    Anyone looking for a really well made vertical belt clip case, I've used this Ripoff case for my Moto X almost a year and it still holds it's shape, doesn't fray or fall apart, and does what it's suppose to do...keep your phone protected and easy to get to. Not a fashion statement but it just works.. made in the good ole US of A.. Ripoffholstersonline.com
    When I went into the VZW store, slipped the turbo phone in to check it and fits like it was made for it...then had to take the phone out

DROID TURBO: Cases-dsc_1391-copy.jpgDROID TURBO: Cases-dsc_1394-copy.jpg
    rxgadget likes this.
    11-02-2014 11:22 AM
679 1234 ...