11-03-2015 08:05 PM
679 ... 1819202122 ...
tools
    I feel restricted by a belt holster. It doesn't feel great when I have a seat belt on or sitting down. I used to love them but with the size of phones now I can't do it.
    I can understand that. Some of it depends on what side you wear it on, your weight, and the car you drive. You job matters too -- what you have to do physically throughout the day.
    12-26-2014 11:10 PM
    Red and black Otterbox Commuter. Love the ballistic nylon, but it's too slick naked.

Posted via the Android Central App
    12-27-2014 02:38 AM
    Don't kid yourself, the Turbo is still just a phone and needs a case. I was waiting for a backordered black lifeproof case when my two week old Turbo fell out of my car, about a 4 foot fall, onto asphalt. While the screen was uncracked, it wouldn't turn on. Over $500 and one week later, I'm still waiting on my new Turbo to come in.
    12-28-2014 03:56 PM
    #Buyck Ouch!! I guess you didn't hadn't have any insurance? My company paid for my Turbo...and I pay the bill...I added insurance since I didn't pay for device. Verizon deductible is only $100, not bad for $9 a month.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    12-28-2014 04:10 PM
    Exactly. Unfortunately. I'm also through Verizon, but I still hesitate spending an extra $200+ on every phone for insurance. If something happens to my new phone even with a case on it I will be taking it to a repair person to see if they can use pieces from my old Turbo. It may be a bad idea, but what are the chances... Next phone I will get insurance from day 1.
    12-28-2014 04:22 PM
    I am using the shell an holster case for my Turbo right now. I also used one on my Droid Maxx. Love it. The only case I think is better is the Speck Candyshell Grip case for Droid Maxx. I am hoping Speck will make it for Droid Turbo as well.
    12-28-2014 10:15 PM
    I found the same puregear case for my blue bn, and it fits perfect! I tried the casemate naked tough first, but it felt too slick. The puregear has the same affect with the clear back exposing the blue bn, but it feels more secure in hand than the naked tough. I fully endorse this case. Best $14 I've ever spent on a case!
    cactusleon likes this.
    12-28-2014 10:25 PM
    The Speck Candy Shell has been available for the Turbo since (or near) launch. They have them on the Verizon site (and I'm sure cheaper on eBay etc.)
    12-29-2014 12:30 AM
    Wife and oldest son got the Incipio Dual Pro. I got the red one from Verizon store ($29.95) for the wife to go with red metallized kevlar. Nice color match for metallized red. Son has BN and I got him the black one from Amazon ($18.65). Very nice case, feels good in the hand, but for my tastes, adds too much bulk. I'll give it a while and then check for any damage to the nylon back of the phone from the raised dimples of the inner case.

Got youngest son the Tudia TPU case (frost-clear) for Christmas. Very minimalistic, doesn't add much weight or thickness. Nice case.

http://www.amazon.com/TUDIA-Protecti...cUvbUpU4153559

I've never had a case but I've fumbled my Turbo twice, always caught it before it dropped, so now I'm thinking about getting a case. I like the Tudia TPU and was going to get it when this one caught my eye. Looks like a 2-part case (like the Incipio Dual Pro) but thinner:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...cUvbUpU4153559

Ordered it today, metallic slate, with Amazon Prime should be here by Friday. I'll report my thoughts after I've had it a couple of days.
    KPMcClave likes this.
    12-29-2014 05:11 PM
    Diztronic BN is in! Who wants to purchase and compare it to the thickness of the Tudia?

http://www.amazon.com/Diztronic-Flex...cUvbUpU4153801
    KPMcClave likes this.
    12-29-2014 08:21 PM
    Diztronic BN is in! Who wants to purchase and compare it to the thickness of the Tudia?

Robot Check
    Already have my order in.
    12-29-2014 08:54 PM
    Already have my order in.
    Me too. Can't wait, love Diztronic even though Tudia is great.
    12-29-2014 09:44 PM
    I finally got to see a Dual Pro case at the Verizon store. Sadly, it is as thick as the Otterbox Commuter.
    KPMcClave likes this.
    12-29-2014 10:07 PM
    Nuts. I already ordered a black Tudia (was supposedly out for delivery today but didn't show up) and want a red Diztronic.
    12-29-2014 11:55 PM

http://www.amazon.com/Diztronic-Flex...cUvbUpU4154173
    Man! Why do have to pay shipping for the BN version!?!?

Sent via Turbo!
    12-30-2014 01:06 AM
    Man! Why do have to pay shipping for the BN version!?!?

Sent via Turbo!
    Because its shipped by Diztronic. If you have Amazon Prime and can wait for Amazon to get their shipment than it'll be free. I anticipate Amazon to get them within a week.
    mahers and KPMcClave like this.
    12-30-2014 01:42 AM
    My black Tudia (for BN) arrived today. Very nice, as some of you have said. Fits perfectly with a nice feel. $10? Great value! I like it much more than the Verizon glossy silicone case that was $20.
    xweb10 likes this.
    12-30-2014 05:40 PM
    FYI, I stumbled across these on eBay this morning. I can't vouch for quality or anything, but they are the cheapest price I've seen yet (which is usually the advantage of eBay), and they are specifically for the BN version, which currently has fewer options available. US seller.

Ultra Slim TPU Gel Case Cover for Motorola Droid Turbo Only for Ballistic Nylon | eBay

If it were me I'd probably get a color I can't get with another brand just in case they suck. I'd just go Diztronic or Tudia for a black one. It's only a few extra bucks.

Just wish they had red.
    12-31-2014 12:33 PM
    FYI, I stumbled across these on eBay this morning. I can't vouch for quality or anything, but they are the cheapest price I've seen yet (which is usually the advantage of eBay), and they are specifically for the BN version, which currently has fewer options available. US seller.

Ultra Slim TPU Gel Case Cover for Motorola Droid Turbo Only for Ballistic Nylon | eBay

If it were me I'd probably get a color I can't get with another brand just in case they suck. I'd just go Diztronic or Tudia for a black one. It's only a few extra bucks.

Just wish they had red.
    I think I had a Fosmon case before on an older phone. It was just fine. No better or worse than Diztronic, if I'm remembering correctly, but don't quote me. My memory is crap lately. It's worth a shot for $4

Sent via Turbo!
    KPMcClave likes this.
    12-31-2014 12:36 PM
    Finally got my hands on a Tech21 case and it is one of the nicest cases I have had on any phone to date. I had to drive 30 miles to a vzw store that had some in stock and it was worth it. Anyone who does not appreciate this case does not probably understand why Tech21 is so nice, but good luck breaking your phone when it is in one of these cases. I had a Nexus 5 with a Tech21 case and they have come a long way in improving the design. It feels great in the hand and all of the ports have great cut outs. It slides easily in and out of my pocket without getting lint all over it yet it is grippy enough not to slip out of my hand. I have the Moto Maxx in Ballistic Nylon and it fits perfectly.

cbironman24 likes this.
    12-31-2014 07:20 PM
    #ChuckG73 please post a picture. I have been searching for a Tech21, can't fine one in stock anywhere. Would love to see how it looks on Turbo. I have the Tech21 Check case for my iPhones...want one for Turbo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    12-31-2014 07:23 PM
    Finally got my hands on a Tech21 case and it is one of the nicest cases I have had on any phone to date. I had to drive 30 miles to a vzw store that had some in stock and it was worth it. Anyone who does not appreciate this case does not probably understand why Tech21 is so nice, but good luck breaking your phone when it is in one of these cases. I had a Nexus 5 with a Tech21 case and they have come a long way in improving the design. It feels great in the hand and all of the ports have great cut outs. It slides easily in and out of my pocket without getting lint all over it yet it is grippy enough not to slip out of my hand. I have the Moto Maxx in Ballistic Nylon and it fits perfectly.

I had my Turbo BN in it and had to take it off. The fit is great but in any pocket the right side would at times unsnap from the phone and require me to put it back in. Doesn't happen on the MG version though.

I hope you don't have this issue. Its a great case.
    12-31-2014 08:44 PM
    I had my Turbo BN in it and had to take it off. The fit is great but in any pocket the right side would at times unsnap from the phone and require me to put it back in. Doesn't happen on the MG version though.

I hope you don't have this issue. Its a great case.
    Mine fits great. Again I have the Ballistic Nylon Moto Maxx I am going to bet it is the droid badge on the bottom of the phone that is messing up the fit for the VZW Droid Turbo users. I will take pictures and post mine soon.

12-31-2014 08:57 PM
    Here are some pictures. I never could find this case at any local VZW stores or online so I had one of the stores do an inventory lookup for stores in the surrounding areas.

Attached Thumbnails DROID TURBO: Cases-2173.jpg   DROID TURBO: Cases-2174.jpg   DROID TURBO: Cases-2175.jpg   DROID TURBO: Cases-2176.jpg  
    12-31-2014 09:08 PM
    Mine fits great. Again I have the Ballistic Nylon Moto Maxx I am going to bet it is the droid badge on the bottom of the phone that is messing up the fit for the VZW Droid Turbo users. I will take pictures and post mine soon.

Ah, the non-Verizon Turbo. I gotcha, didn't know you got that.
    12-31-2014 09:09 PM
679 ... 1819202122 ...