11-03-2015 07:05 PM
679 ... 2223242526 ...
tools
    Does anyone have any pics/comments on the Verizon Black High Glossy case for the Turbo?
    No pics but I don't like it. My sister had it on her MGF Turbo and it fit too tightly (harder to remove than it should be) and overall just felt cheap IMO. Grippy though.
    03-01-2015 08:32 PM
    Just got the diztronic and love it. So much that I ordered a second one in red immediately!

Posted via the Android Central App
    I also have a lifeproof case. That case is excellent for what it does but makes the phone speakers basically useless with any ambient noise. Ill just keep that for days out on the lake, skiing, snowmobiling, etc. Diztronic is working great for day to day.

03-02-2015 05:34 AM
    I used to use that Verizon High Gloss case on my Droid Maxx. Same case design and look for Turbo. I would not use a case on my Maxx and would keep the Verizon TPU case it in my gym bag for when I work out.

It provides outstanding grip and very tacky. It does look cheap and collects lots of finger prints.

If the Tech21 case didn't come out for the Turbo I would have bought the same Verizon case for the exact same purpose.

With my 25% work discount, it is only $15
    03-02-2015 06:01 AM
    Is the Tech21 only available in that one color?

Sent from my Droid Turbo 64-gig from Tapatalk.
    03-02-2015 09:01 AM
    At this point, the Tech21 is only available in "smokey." Makes my red Turbo look burgundy. Not bad, looks sharp, but would prefer the clear Tech21 (like the sell for iPhone) so the red Turbo can show through.
    this_is_nascar and JFH8 like this.
    03-02-2015 09:09 AM
    I bought the tech21 and it is really a nice case, as such things go.

But, I do not think I will use it. The phone is already big enough as is, and the case just makes it feel uncomfortable big. All phones are just so darn big these days.

Will probably just use the phone without a case. It feels okay in my hands.
    JFH8 likes this.
    03-04-2015 11:18 AM
    If you don't need a kickstand there are a few options. The Tudia and Diztronic TPU cases work with the Seidio Surface holster. In addition, you can use a Blackberry Z-30 holster to run with your naked Turbo. Just make sure you insert in in the Z30 face in (towards you).

And some have fashioned the Seidio Surface case to work with the BN version.

Just wanted to make sure this is still the case. I ordered a Diztronic to give it a try and wanted a belt-clip to go with it.

03-04-2015 02:19 PM
    The Seidio Belt Clip is awesome with a side of awesome sauce. Both versions (for cased and caseless).
    Which would I get to accompany the Diztronics case?

03-04-2015 02:21 PM
    Just wanted to make sure this is still the case. I ordered a Diztronic to give it a try and wanted a belt-clip to go with it.

Yes, this will work.
    03-04-2015 03:48 PM
    I've read several reports that the Seidio Surface Holster works on a Turbo that has a Diztronic case. It seems there are several different versions of this belt-clip holster. I'm assuming I don't want the one for the Turbo, because it would need to be larger than the naked Turbo.

Which one is it?
    03-06-2015 04:06 PM
    03-06-2015 04:12 PM
    Yes. Surface Clip Holster for Turbo. Surface is the keyword, because it's designed to hold the Turbo with the Seido Case, rather than a naked Turbo. However, you may find the fit very tight, as the Diztronic case is not the Surface case, and not specifically designed for it. It was not a good fit for me -- too tight and didn't feel secure. At least one other member said it fit fine for them (I seem to recall), so you can always roll the dice.
    03-06-2015 10:49 PM
    Yes. Surface Clip Holster for Turbo. Surface is the keyword, because it's designed to hold the Turbo with the Seido Case, rather than a naked Turbo. However, you may find the fit very tight, as the Diztronic case is not the Surface case, and not specifically designed for it. It was not a good fit for me -- too tight and didn't feel secure. At least one other member said it fit fine for them (I seem to recall), so you can always roll the dice.
    Ok, thanks. Not sure what to do. I may give it a try. Are there any confirmed cases that work well with this belt holster? Obviously, the Seido will work, but I don't like the looks of that one.
    03-07-2015 08:43 AM
    Ok, thanks. Not sure what to do. I may give it a try. Are there any confirmed cases that work well with this belt holster? Obviously, the Seido will work, but I don't like the looks of that one.
    BN, right? Even the Surface case is an iffy proposition. The only other I've tried is the CIMO which worked well. It's not quite as nice overall as the Diz, but it will fit the Surface Holster.
    03-07-2015 08:29 PM
    BN, right? Even the Surface case is an iffy proposition. The only other I've tried is the CIMO which worked well. It's not quite as nice overall as the Diz, but it will fit the Surface Holster.
    Yes, the BN version. Thanks, I'll take a look at the Cimo.
    03-08-2015 06:57 AM
    I ordered a Cimo case and the Seidio Surface Belt-Clip case. That, along with the Diztronic should give me something workable for continued belt carry.
    03-08-2015 06:57 PM
    Hi all,

I am in torn between Otterbox Commuter vs Seidio Dilex Pro,what is your suggestion?
    Also is the Qmadix Flex Gel Cover case compatible with the Balllistic Nylon version?
    Thank you.

Best regards from Athens,

Yiannis
    03-15-2015 03:05 AM
    I ordered a Cimo case and the Seidio Surface Belt-Clip case. That, along with the Diztronic should give me something workable for continued belt carry.
    Well, everything arrived, but yet I'm still carrying my Turbo in the OEM Verizon Combo Belt-Clip with Kickstand kit. The Cimo feels better in my hand than the Diztronics, but the Cimo looks too ghetto for me, with it's shiney black/plastic looking "X". The Diztronics seems to fit better on my Turbo, but I don't care for the naked back. It really could use some type of grooves or a pattern, as it's somewhat slippery.

The Seidio Surface Belt-Clip case works with both the Diztronics and the Cimo case, however the Cimo feels more secure while in the case. What I don't like about the Seidio is how far the clip-lip sticks out. I found that it was grabbing/catching on things (my shirt, my jacket, things that I bumped up against while walking, etc).

If you want a case and don't need to carry it clipped to a belt, the Diztronics gets my vote. While it don't protect the device as much as these others, the Verizon Belt-Clip Combo package is hard to beat if you want/need to carry your Turbo on the belt.
    03-15-2015 07:21 AM
    ... The Cimo feels better in my hand than the Diztronics, but the Cimo looks too ghetto for me, with it's shiney black/plastic looking "X". The Diztronics seems to fit better on my Turbo, but I don't care for the naked back. It really could use some type of grooves or a pattern, as it's somewhat slippery.

The Seidio Surface Belt-Clip case works with both the Diztronics and the Cimo case, however the Cimo feels more secure while in the case.
    Confirmed with my own experience, and while I think "ghetto" is a little harsh, I do agree that I would prefer the CIMO to be all flat black, without that added shiny X pattern. It's still the most "low key" version of the product, lol. As an additional remark, the CIMO just has a cutout where the power and volme rocker reside. -- (Edit: This is an incorrect statement. I had this case confused with another regarding this aspect of its design) The Diztronic covers these buttons and actually make them easier to locate, than the bare naked phone. That, for me, was the best feature of the Diztronic, and the only thing I really liked about it. Oh, it gathers dust well too.

What I don't like about the Seidio is how far the clip-lip sticks out. I found that it was grabbing/catching on things (my shirt, my jacket, things that I bumped up against while walking, etc)...
    I belt carry at or around the 2 o'clock position to avoid this. For me, this avoids almost all contact with office furniture, walls, my car seat belt (the big one). I will also say, that in the past I have been overweight, and when I was "wider" belt carry just wasn't a good option. Belt carry really is best suited for the slimmer build. To avoid the phone catching against every manner of protruding object.

Addendum: I belt carry with the naked clip holster, so mine doesn't stick out as far as yours, so there is that to consider as well. It's a minimal, but notable difference.
    03-15-2015 08:22 AM
    I feel like I am the only one with the lifeproof! Its a really awesome case, I love that I can bring it into pools, hot tubs, streams etc and take underwater videos or pictures and just use my phone whenever and however. I bring it into the shower to rinse it with water to get all the dirt off it.

Only problem is when calling people I have to open the charge port and headphone port to allow the sounds to escape the case and not just echo inside. But its tolerable and makes the phone able to be used without worry.

I would prefer the otterbox though but they don't offer the preserver for us. Lifeproof is the only waterproof option. That was one main thing i had to have when buying a new phone is it had to have a waterproof case. I wouldn't trust a waterproof phone because people have said they have failed.

Anyone else have a lifeproof on their turbo? When I take mine out it literally would pass as brand new, 100%.
    03-15-2015 09:53 AM
    ^^^There are many who have posted their experiences with life proof on this forum. The only complaint I recall reading is call quality (or lack thereof) due to the completeness of the protection. For those that don't make or receive calls on the phone that often, they don't care so much, for others, it's a big enough deal not to use it. Overall, it's considered a good case, and has been discussed frequently.
    03-15-2015 11:14 AM
    I feel like I am the only one with the lifeproof! Its a really awesome case, I love that I can bring it into pools, hot tubs, streams etc and take underwater videos or pictures and just use my phone whenever and however. I bring it into the shower to rinse it with water to get all the dirt off it.

Only problem is when calling people I have to open the charge port and headphone port to allow the sounds to escape the case and not just echo inside. But its tolerable and makes the phone able to be used without worry.

I would prefer the otterbox though but they don't offer the preserver for us. Lifeproof is the only waterproof option. That was one main thing i had to have when buying a new phone is it had to have a waterproof case. I wouldn't trust a waterproof phone because people have said they have failed.

Anyone else have a lifeproof on their turbo? When I take mine out it literally would pass as brand new, 100%.
    You don't hear much about this case, because it has an extremely limited market. Not to many people really have the need/desire to make calls and take pictures in the shower or underwater. Every review I've ever read about this case criticizes that fact that you basically can hear anything because of everything being tight and covered up. Whether I can shower with it or not, my phone is useless to me if I can't hear the person on the other end.
    03-16-2015 08:12 AM
    Confirmed with my own experience, and while I think "ghetto" is a little harsh, I do agree that I would prefer the CIMO to be all flat black, without that added shiny X pattern. It's still the most "low key" version of the product, lol. As an additional remark, the CIMO just has a cutout where the power and volme rocker reside. The Diztronic covers these buttons and actually make them easier to locate, than the bare naked phone. That, for me, was the best feature of the Diztronic, and the only thing I really liked about it. Oh, it gathers dust well too.

I belt carry at or around the 2 o'clock position to avoid this. For me, this avoids almost all contact with office furniture, walls, my car seat belt (the big one). I will also say, that in the past I have been overweight, and when I was "wider" belt carry just wasn't a good option. Belt carry really is best suited for the slimmer build. To avoid the phone catching against every manner of protruding object.

Addendum: I belt carry with the naked clip holster, so mine doesn't stick out as far as yours, so there is that to consider as well. It's a minimal, but notable difference.
    Not sure what you mean here. My Cimo case does not have cutouts/holes here. They have the fill-ins just like the Diztronics.
    03-16-2015 08:14 AM
    Not sure what you mean here. My Cimo case does not have cutouts/holes here. They have the fill-ins just like the Diztronics.
    I'll have to double check when I get home this evening. I may have mis-spoken.

Appended: Busted! You're correct sir. I wonder what d@mned case it was that I was looking at that had that section just plain cut out. Well, it wasn't the Cimo. Thanks for catching my error, and I will update my first post on the subject as well.
    03-16-2015 11:58 AM
    lol, its not peace of mind that I an shower with my phone or take an underwater picture in a pool. It means you can bring it camping, working outdoors and use it in almost any condition and not worry. Honestly if any of you are worrying about call quality, its getting alot better. Since the HD voice updates the call quality is getting much clearer. And its actually a very thin case for what it is. Just my.02. I do understand not everyone needs the protection and not everyone wants the voice issues though
    03-16-2015 01:24 PM
679 ... 2223242526 ...