DROID TURBO: Cases

Jan 13, 2014
Visit site
I picked up the black incipio case at Verizon mixed emotions. I really just wanna run it naked?

Anyone else case it? If so what'd you snag

Posted via the Android Central App

Clocks

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
Re: droid turbo cases?

naked and loving it. only phone ive ever used naked. ill pick up a diztronic tpu case when they are released though

russel5150

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site

I was going to run my naked but it is too slippery for me. So yesterday I went back to Verizon and got a tech 21 silicone case. It looks really good without increasing the size of the phone much. The main reason I got it was because it is not slick

Jan 13, 2014
Visit site

I can't do it, it's too beautiful. Especially without the carrier branding on the ballistic version

Highland Droid

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site

I couldn't and wouldn't. I plan to keep this phone until it's time to EDGE up, so a scratch/ding/dent here or there don't bother me to much.

hal1

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site

I was going to run my naked but it is too slippery for me. So yesterday I went back to Verizon and got a tech 21 silicone case. It looks really good without increasing the size of the phone much. The main reason I got it was because it is not slick

This may be hard to quantify, but how 'not slick' is it. Due to my small hands and one handed use I need something almost like rubber. I have a Speck Candyshell grip on my last phone.

Firedogee

Banned
Sep 30, 2014
Visit site

Does that case cover up the extra mics in the front and back? The one in the back is used for video recording so I'm concerned.

Sent Turbo-fast from my bulletproof 64GB Droid Turbo

Firedogee

Banned
Sep 30, 2014
Visit site

This may be hard to quantify, but how 'not slick' is it. Due to my small hands and one handed use I need something almost like rubber. I have a Speck Candyshell grip on my last phone.

Far from rubber on both versions. The kevlar is bit grippier IMO. Maybe try them both out at the store?

dmiller440

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site

Red seemed to be the most slick, followed by the Black which was a bit sticky, but the nylon seemed to have the most gripping material. Got he Incipio case for it. The OtterBox case seemed very slick and a bit bulkier.

Last edited:

BlueBlazer60

Oct 8, 2014
Visit site

Red seemed to be the most slick, followed by the Black which was a bit sticky, but the Kevlar seemed to have the most gripping material. Got he Incipio case for it. The OtterBox case seemed very slick and a bit bulkier.

Sorry. You lost me. I thought the red and one of the blacks had the kevlar material and the other black was the B Nylon. I am having trouble matching your comment to phones. Probably my odd thought process.

Firedogee

Banned
Sep 30, 2014
Visit site

Sorry. You lost me. I thought the red and one of the blacks had the kevlar material and the other black was the B Nylon. I am having trouble matching your comment to phones. Probably my odd thought process.

Correct, red and black are kevlar. Then there is black ballistic nylon which is very slippery.

mobrules

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site

Stay away from the life proof case unless you need the protection. It makes it hard to reach on screen buttons and it muffles sound.

jaymzb0nd

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site

I'm waiting for a bumper case to be released that has the back exposed so you can see it in all its glory. The one Clocks posted is still covering too much. I want something like the Hula Bumper for the Moto X.

mrcraft2u

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site

Yeah... Going naked with my red turbo. Motorola makes tanks for phones... So not too worried about it.

russel5150

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site

The tech21 has the both hole cut outs on the back

It has a silicone feel to it, like it grabs your fingers slightly. I found it to be a much more positive grip. I wanted to go w out a case, but i needed the extra grip.

russel5150

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site

I'm waiting for a bumper case to be released that has the back exposed so you can see it in all its glory. The one Clocks posted is still covering too much. I want something like the Hula Bumper for the Moto X.

I wanted just a bumper but they are not out yet.. the tech21 looks and feels like the rubber style bumper i had for my droid maxx, except the back is covered

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463