11-03-2015 08:05 PM
679 ... 2324252627 ...
tools
    I'll have to double check when I get home this evening. I may have mis-spoken.

Appended: Busted! You're correct sir. I wonder what d@mned case it was that I was looking at that had that section just plain cut out. Well, it wasn't the Cimo. Thanks for catching my error, and I will update my first post on the subject as well.
    No problem. I've made similar mistakes. It's all good. Just as a side note, the phone case from the OEM Verizon Combo Belt-Clip with Kickstand works/secures really well using the Seidio Surface Belt-Clip Case that I purchased. I believe that the Verizon/Seidio combo gives you a thicker overall package than the Verizon/Verizon combo, but it's certainly workable.
    03-17-2015 11:10 AM
    lol, its not peace of mind that I an shower with my phone or take an underwater picture in a pool. It means you can bring it camping, working outdoors and use it in almost any condition and not worry. Honestly if any of you are worrying about call quality, its getting alot better. Since the HD voice updates the call quality is getting much clearer. And its actually a very thin case for what it is. Just my.02. I do understand not everyone needs the protection and not everyone wants the voice issues though
    I understand. When I mention call quality, I'm referring to the loudness/sound, due to the physical make-up of the LP case. It's designed to keep water out, so letting sound out is a challenge (from what I've read). If that case suits you, that's great. I was just commenting based on your comment on why you don't see many mentions of this case. It's simply a very limited market that's interested.
    03-17-2015 11:12 AM
    Using the "Diztronic Full Matte Black Flexible TPU Case for Motorola Droid Turbo" and it's the perfect one for me...better grip, not too bulky, etc. Wouldn't mind going without a case, but found it to be too slippery.

Posted via the Android Central App
    03-18-2015 01:43 AM
    Already have the Diztronic and Cimo-X, along with the Seidio Surface Belt-Clip case. I commented on them a few posts back. I just ordered the Tudia Ultra Slim LITE and Cimo-Wave to give them a try.

Until I find something that I really like better, I'll continue to use my Verizon Combo Belt-Clip with Kickstand Case.

Sent from my Droid Turbo 64-gig from Tapatalk.
    03-18-2015 04:20 PM
    I have a couple questions about the CruzerLite case. Does it have buttons that stick out on the case for the power, volume up/down or is it just cut-out holes in the case for those? Does this case work on the BL nylon version. I've not been able to find anything specific.
    03-18-2015 10:31 PM
    I have a couple questions about the CruzerLite case. Does it have buttons that stick out on the case for the power, volume up/down or is it just cut-out holes in the case for those? Does this case work on the BL nylon version. I've not been able to find anything specific.
    Out of about 10 different cases, the Cruzerlite Bug Droid is the one I keep coming back to. Looks good (to me), feels good and offers minimal protection. It has a cutout for controls, no over-the-top buttons made into the case. Works great on my 64 GB Ballistic Nylon & I've come to actually prefer the slightly recessed button access - easy to use but prevents accidental access.

I have it in multiple colors & like them all but believe it or not, black is my favorite. With the wallpaper below makes for a really slick appearance.
    03-18-2015 10:48 PM
    Added another case to my collection for my Red Turbo...I just bought an Otterbox Defender NFL edition case on eBay for 18 bucks. Pretty awesome deal! The case is normally $64.95, made an offer of $18 and seller accepted immediately.

Now I have...Cruzerlite Circuit TPU case in Red, Incipio Dual Pro in Red, a Tech21, now this Otterbox NFL Defender case for my Turbo.
    Since I got the Defender case so cheap, I plan to rip out the factory screen protector and put on one of my XtremeGuard protectors.

I think I am good with cases now. :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    03-19-2015 12:54 AM
    Out of about 10 different cases, the Cruzerlite Bug Droid is the one I keep coming back to. Looks good (to me), feels good and offers minimal protection. It has a cutout for controls, no over-the-top buttons made into the case. Works great on my 64 GB Ballistic Nylon & I've come to actually prefer the slightly recessed button access - easy to use but prevents accidental access.

I have it in multiple colors & like them all but believe it or not, black is my favorite. With the wallpaper below makes for a really slick appearance. http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15...2ee67a5434.jpg
    Thanks. I had went ahead and ordered a black one last night. I hold any opinions until I get it, but I'm hoping I don't mind the cut-outs as opposed to actual cover buttons. My current Verizon case has the cut-outs, so I'll see what happens. It seems I'm order many of the cases that I've read about to get them a try. We'll see what happens.
    03-19-2015 09:25 AM

I have it in multiple colors & like them all but believe it or not, black is my favorite. With the wallpaper below makes for a really slick appearance. http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15...2ee67a5434.jpg
    Hey I'm lovin that wallpaper. Where'd you find it?

Sent from my Droid Turbo using Tapatalk
    03-19-2015 09:33 AM
    Hey I'm lovin that wallpaper. Where'd you find it?

There are several variations here.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=...26865904184292
    maxman1 likes this.
    03-19-2015 11:39 AM
    Correct. I cropped mine just a tad on the bottom so the text is lower to look better with the Command Center widget.
    03-19-2015 01:38 PM
    Correct. I cropped mine just a tad on the bottom so the text is lower to look better with the Command Center widget.
    Would you mind posting the full resolution picture of yours? It looks the best.

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk
    03-19-2015 03:59 PM
    Would you mind posting the full resolution picture of yours? It looks the best.

I don't know if the hosting site for Tapatalk compresses or not but, here's the one I'm using.

03-19-2015 04:44 PM
    Awesome. Thanks!

03-19-2015 05:09 PM
    Thanks.

03-19-2015 07:10 PM
    Well, I just figured I'd give an update. My Trudia and Cimo Wave have both arrived. Now that I've tried both Cimo cases, I can say that I don't really care for either one. I just don't like how the glossy plastic black stuff on the "X" version and "Wave" version make them look so ghetto. In addition, I don't care for the rear camera/flash cutout. It could have been done in a more aesthetic fashion. That being said, the Cimo's fit the Seidio Surface Belt-Clip Case the best, although I don't really care for that either, because of the how far the latching mechanism sticks out.

I have a Cruzerlite Bug Droid on the way, so I'm hoping that works out OK.

So to summarize, this is what I've tried so far:

- Verizon Combo Belt-Clip with Kickstand Case: This is what I've been using from Day-1, even back as far as my Droid Razr Maxx. The only reason I'm looking to replace this is because I want more protection on the top/bottom/corners. Anyone that has used this case will know what I'm referring to.

- Diztronic: This case is not bad and seems to fit the phone just fine, however, it's really tight in the Seidio. I like the cutouts and how they look and function.

- Cimo "X" and "Wave": Feels the cheapest of them all. The flashy black plastics makes for a really ghetto looking thing. If you're into that sort of thing, good for you. I also don't care for the camera/flash cutout. It could have been done better in my opinion.

- Trudia: For me, the best fitting and most comfortable in the hand. A bit tight in the Seidio, but not as tight as the Diztronic. The cutouts are great. My issue with this case is the use of that same flashy black plastic junk on the back top/bottom. It makes a case that I'd probably see myself using and turns it into something that will also get returned or sold. What as shame, as this case had potential. It's also the most expensive I believe.

- Seidio Surface Belt-Clip Case: Great concept and feels ruggid, although I have (2) issues. First, I don't like how far the locking mechanism hangs out. It catches on everything. Secondly, when the phone is mounted in the holster, I would have liked to see the holster at least 1/8" wider on each side at the top portion, so it cover the entire screen of the phone while holstered. As it stands right now, a small portion of the screen is exposed while holstered, on each top-side.

My last chance will be this Cruzerlite Bug Droid case. Unlike the others, this one doesn't have covers for the power/vol up-down, it's just cut-out. I think if I could convince myself to carry my phone un-holstered and in my pocket, it would open up my possibilities a bit more, but I never quite understood the desire to pocket-carry such a large item. As it stands now, I see my sticking with the Verizon Combo Belt-Clip with Kickstand Case solution and hoping that I don't drop/damage the phone anytime soon.
    03-26-2015 03:28 PM
    My Cruzerlite case arrived. Apparently, they're not for the BL Turbo, as it doesn't fit well.

03-27-2015 07:01 PM
    Feels the cheapest of them all. The flashy black plastics makes for a really ghetto looking thing. If you're into that sort of thing, good for you. I also don't care for the camera/flash cutout. It could have been done better in my opinion.
    Agree 100% on Cimo ...I'm OK with the Diztronic though..
    03-27-2015 09:23 PM
    Agree 100% on Cimo ...I'm OK with the Diztronic though..
    I'd love to just have the Cimo without the shiny parts. Yeah, it would still feel cheap, but it sure would be light (if someone is looking for light coverage) and it would look pretty nice. Those small dimples in the matte part of the case are a nice texture addition.

I really like my red Diztronic a lot, and wish I'd gotten a black one, tooo. I got the black Tudia, and while I actually like the shiny black part on that one (suggests a tuxedo to me), it isn't one I feel like using regularly (because who wears a tuxedo regularly).
    03-28-2015 01:01 AM
    My Cruzerlite case arrived. Apparently, they're not for the BL Turbo, as it doesn't fit well.

I've had my BL nylon 64gig in a cruzerlite for months...it fits just fine...??? Mine is the bugdroid circuit edition.

DRoID TuRBo this...
    03-28-2015 02:43 AM
    I've had my BL nylon 64gig in a cruzerlite for months...it fits just fine...??? Mine is the bugdroid circuit edition.

DRoID TuRBo this...

I purchased a black one and blue one, both have the bugdroid circuit design on the back. The side on each of them would not come up enough to properly cover the edges. I'd be they'd fit the thinner Kelvar version just fine, but definitely not my BL Turbo.
    03-28-2015 10:39 AM
    I purchased a black one and blue one, both have the bugdroid circuit design on the back. The side on each of them would not come up enough to properly cover the edges. I'd be they'd fit the thinner Kelvar version just fine, but definitely not my BL Turbo.
    Are you sure you got one that's supposed to fit the BN? Some of the cases out there fit both, but for others, there are two sizes (and need to be). I had a Cimo X case that was not intended for the BN version and it didn't fit in the same way you describe your bugdroid not fitting. I now have one specifically made to fit the BN version and it fits fine.

I'll bet this is the problem.
    03-28-2015 11:40 AM
    Possibly. I'll check the website again to see which one I ordered.

03-28-2015 11:59 AM
    This is what I ordered. I see no distinction.

http://www.cruzerlite.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=turbo

03-28-2015 12:02 PM
    Based on my experience and a couple reviews on Amazon, the Cruzerlite was not meant to fit the BL Turbo.

1Sides/edges not thick enough.
    ByJon March 8, 2015
    Color Name: RedVerified Purchase
    Too thin, edges do not hold up on sides of Droid Turbo with ballistic nylon. Returned.
    CommentWas this review helpful to you?
    Yes
    No
    Report abuse

2Two Stars
    ByMatt Elon March 20, 2015
    Color Name: ClearVerified Purchase
    Doesn't fit the Ballistic Nylon version.
    CommentWas this review helpful to you?
    Yes
    No
    Report abuse
    03-28-2015 01:16 PM
679 ... 2324252627 ...