11-03-2015 07:05 PM
679 12345 ...
tools
    Like when a dog owner shakes his keys or says a magic phrase ("milkbone cookie"), my ears stood up and head turned reflexively when you said "grippy". I'm all about finding a case that adds grip. I will need to check this out at my local store. I did get the otter box commuter case. The sides of that case have some grip, but the back does not. Also, otter box cases tend to insulate too much, and my battery temp is higher while using them. I'm of the school of thought that it's better to have a grippy case than a lot of drop protection. The best way to protect against drops is to not drop it in the first place. These new generation phones are in the midst of a size war, and my hands stopped growing 20 years ago when my epiphyseal plate stopped growing. (That's y'all's word of the day. "Ok Google Now, what is epiphyseal plate?")

Btw, it's good to see you back in the Droid family. Understandable why you took a hiatus. That Droid Razr Maxx HD was a "turd in the punch bowl" of the otherwise fine Droid family. My GF couldn't wait to get rid of hers. Both ours had wifi issues.

This is basically what I did to that phone when I upgraded to Droid Maxx:

Attachment 145338
    Thank you! Same one I had for my Razr M and I loved it! This made my day!

Sent Turbo-fast from my bulletproof 64GB Droid Turbo
    11-02-2014 12:56 PM
    Purchased the Lifeproof case yesterday and the sound muffling has been the complaint of everyone I have called.
    PeninaD likes this.
    11-02-2014 02:55 PM
    Purchased the Lifeproof case yesterday and the sound muffling has been the complaint of everyone I have called.
    Same here. Im planning to buy a TPU case for everyday use and leave the life proof for hunting/fishing. I like the feel of the case but the muffled sound kills the everyday use.
    11-02-2014 03:06 PM
    Am I the only one who likes the Verizon case & holster that has the kick stand? I spend quite a bit of time in the outdoors, so I'm looking at the Lifeproof. The only thing is that I would need some sort of belt clip to go with it.

Posted via the Android Central App
    The Lifeproof case muffles the sound to an irritating extreme for the person on the other end.
    PeninaD likes this.
    11-02-2014 03:06 PM
    I had that problem with other life proof cases. They seem to be hit or miss.
    11-02-2014 03:09 PM
    The simple Incipio case from the Verizon store had been awesome for me. It's clean and simple looking, has a nice rubbery feel, and seems sturdy like it will protect my phone well. It does add some bulk, but not nearly as much as Otter. I kind of like some added thickness because it makes the phone easier to hold.
    11-02-2014 03:55 PM
    I just took the life proof case off and had to turn the volume down on a call. Jeez!!!
    11-02-2014 04:54 PM
    Went to two VZ stores yesterday and neither had any screen protectors or cases in stock. One said "The phone is too new" [language removed by moderator]

Stopped at Wally World and picked up a screen protector 3 pack for GPS units. 5.3" and fits the screen well enough for now without cutting. Does not cover the capacitive buttons and runs to just underneath the earpiece. Screen is MUCH sharper without the factory film over it and seems quicker on swipes.
    11-03-2014 04:33 AM
    I've used the VZW case/holster for my last 4 phones...loved the kickstand feature, as well as the holster. They are not breakproof though, went through two sets for my Droid Razr Maxx. That surprized me, as none of my others ever broke.
    11-03-2014 04:36 AM
    That's I've used for quite a few phones. I found it OEM on Amazon for my Droid Razr Maxx for a lot less than VZW. They're all made in China, though.
    11-03-2014 04:43 AM
    Well, I've tried using the OtterBox Commuter case for this phone and went back to the shell and holster case instead. The OtterBox is too slippery on the back, making it a chord to hold. Waste of $, IMO.
    KPMcClave likes this.
    11-03-2014 06:49 AM
    Still early on but so far no complaints regarding the Otterbox Defender that I ordered with the 64GB. Fit fine and no sound problems. A friend who's been using them for years mentioned he's broken a few belt clips on the holster but he's out in the field a lot and is hard on phones. An example would be dropping the phone from the roof of a two-story building. The phone (iPhone) worked, and still does. How the case will work with a bigger, heavier phone remains. I two-hand and the case's traction, so far, has been good, even in the rain, which I experienced the second day of use.
    11-03-2014 08:06 AM
    people talk about not wanting to cover up a beautiful phone. I can guarantee you, no one else notices your phone.
    11-03-2014 09:08 AM
    people talk about not wanting to cover up a beautiful phone. I can guarantee you, no one else notices your phone.
    I notice his phone...wait...did I just say that aloud?

Sent Turbo-fast from my bulletproof 64GB Droid Turbo
    11-03-2014 09:17 AM
    Ha, yeah, it may be 'turbo', but it's not exactly a McClaren P1, eh?

However, phones can be fashion statements, hence the diversity of cases and opinion regarding going 'naked' or not.
    11-03-2014 09:19 AM
    Verizon website shows a Speck CandyShell -Grip coming out. Seidio's dilex or surface holster for the g3 should work well with this
    Deron Baker likes this.
    11-03-2014 09:39 AM
    Has anyone used the glass screen protector Verizon offers? If so, thoughts? I had a SPIGEN glass protector for my galaxy s4 and loved it (and it saved my screen) but they obviously so not have one for the turbo yet.
    11-03-2014 10:46 AM
    Has anyone used the glass screen protector Verizon offers? If so, thoughts? I had a SPIGEN glass protector for my galaxy s4 and loved it (and it saved my screen) but they obviously so not have one for the turbo yet.
    I currently have one on my turbo. It's OK. Definitely better than the cheap plasticy ones but it doesn't feel quite as nice as the zagg or spigen.
    11-03-2014 10:53 AM
    Well I have the case clip combo from Verizon but I personally don't think it looks very nice. I was wondering peoples opinion of which case looks the best for the droid turbo.
    11-03-2014 04:07 PM
    I tried several cases at Verizon as mine had several. I needed up with the defender case at first I tried it on and liked it. Took it home and took it back off determined to return it. I ended up keeping it. I removed the built in screen protector and I am using it with the flexible glass one sold by Verizon. Works perfect and feels excellent.

I was not going to cover this device but I decided I wanted the protection since I use it at work. Works nicely.
    11-03-2014 04:18 PM
    Yea I don't want to use a case but I work outside and am really tough on my phone.
    11-03-2014 05:14 PM
    I tried several cases at Verizon as mine had several. I needed up with the defender case at first I tried it on and liked it. Took it home and took it back off determined to return it. I ended up keeping it. I removed the built in screen protector and I am using it with the flexible glass one sold by Verizon. Works perfect and feels excellent.

I was not going to cover this device but I decided I wanted the protection since I use it at work. Works nicely.
    Do u know if the otterbox interferes with wireless charging?
    mlr_90 likes this.
    11-03-2014 05:27 PM
    Do u know if the otterbox interferes with wireless charging?
    That's a good question. I don't have the wireless charger so I don't know. Wireless charging doesn't interest me so I never looked. If you find out though I would be interested in knowing at least.
    11-03-2014 06:21 PM
    Yea I don't want to use a case but I work outside and am really tough on my phone.
    I'm with you, that's why Id love a life proof with a belt clip holster of some sort that can fit around a work belt / duty belt. Seidio used to make them but I'm not holding my breath waiting for them to support this phone.
    11-03-2014 07:09 PM
    You know the model/case number of the ripoff holster case which fits the Turbo
    11-03-2014 07:46 PM
679 12345 ...