DROID TURBO: Cases

dungoyle

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
Re: droid turbo cases?

I do not want my phone in a case, but I don't like pocket carry either. Today, I finally found a decent leather belt holster to drop my phone in (at Walmart of all places). It's a Fellows brand holster made for "Large Smart Phones". It's a just a tad snug; I don't have to tug to get it out, and it will loosen up a bit more over the week making it easier to pop out. I just wanted some thing to carry it on my hip for quick access, but still see my phone when it's in use.

tech_fan

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site

I couldn't and wouldn't. I plan to keep this phone until it's time to EDGE up, so a scratch/ding/dent here or there don't bother me to much.

Posted via the Android Central App

Plus, if you assume you ding it up too bad, the residual after the payoff is a small amount. I think its about 150. So, if I am going to need to get the balance down to 150 before I Edge Up, I might as well pay off the remainder of the device and keep it as a spare or sell it online.

tech_fan

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site

Does anyone know, if another manufacturer will be making a case or bumper for it? The bumper I really liked for the Moto X was the Halo bumper. Had the battery lasted longer on the Moto X, I would have kept it. It was a sharp looking phone. Also, Motorola and Verizon killed it in the end so, I won't go down that road.

Firedogee

Banned
Sep 30, 2014
Visit site

Does anyone know, if another manufacturer will be making a case or bumper for it? The bumper I really liked for the Moto X was the Halo bumper. Had the battery lasted longer on the Moto X, I would have kept it. It was a sharp looking phone. Also, Motorola and Verizon killed it in the end so, I won't go down that road.

The hula bumper was made by Casemate. You can check their website or keep an eye out on Amazon and Moto website, but nothing yet.

Sent Turbo-fast from my bulletproof 64GB Droid Turbo

anon(1733)

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site

That's the only bad part about an exclusive type of device is the lack of accessories. Most large manufacturers won't produce a ton of cases because the sales just aren't there.

I must say though I enjoy having a device that a billion people own. I like being unique. Especially with this beast. 😀

tech_fan

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site

That's the only bad part about an exclusive type of device is the lack of accessories. Most large manufacturers won't produce a ton of cases because the sales just aren't there.

I must say though I enjoy having a device that a billion people own. I like being unique. Especially with this beast. ??????

True dat. I went to the Verizon store today to chat with the rep. He told me that he has sold a lot of them mainly because of the incentives. People that normally would not be able to upgrade can because of the promo. Others are taking advantage of the other promotions. He told me that when my account gets all straightened out, I should start to see the incentives which might be too good to pass up.

I did a search on Nexus 6, Note 4 and Turbo accessories and was sad when I saw what was available for the Droid Turbo. The other phones had a lot. I even went on to Etzy thinking that there might be more.

HES

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site

Am I the only one who likes the Verizon case & holster that has the kick stand? I spend quite a bit of time in the outdoors, so I'm looking at the Lifeproof. The only thing is that I would need some sort of belt clip to go with it.

Deron Baker

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site

Am I the only one who likes the Verizon case & holster that has the kick stand? I spend quite a bit of time in the outdoors, so I'm looking at the Lifeproof. The only thing is that I would need some sort of belt clip to go with it.

I am using the shell an holster case for my Turbo right now. I also used one on my Droid Maxx. Love it. The only case I think is better is the Speck Candyshell Grip case for Droid Maxx. I am hoping Speck will make it for Droid Turbo as well.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site

Tech21 on 64GB Ballistic Nylon. I love it. Collects prints but its very grippy. Gives the phone a great feel but the smokey back and orange edges look great.

Sent from my Motorola Droid Turbo

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1414910251558.jpeg
    uploadfromtaptalk1414910251558.jpeg
    956.9 KB · Views: 171
  • uploadfromtaptalk1414910260748.jpeg
    uploadfromtaptalk1414910260748.jpeg
    789.4 KB · Views: 173

Firedogee

Banned
Sep 30, 2014
Visit site

Tech21 on 64GB Ballistic Nylon. I love it. Collects prints but its very grippy. Gives the phone a great feel but the smokey back and orange edges look great.

Is this only sold from Verizon stores?

Rockk001

May 22, 2013
Visit site

I'm using the kickstand one as well from Verizon. I originally got it just for something to have in the beginning while I wait for more cases to come out but I'm actually kinda digging it.

Firedogee

Banned
Sep 30, 2014
Visit site

I'm using the kickstand one as well from Verizon. I originally got it just for something to have in the beginning while I wait for more cases to come out but I'm actually kinda digging it.

What brand is this one? I might go in store and look at it tomorrow.

russel5150

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site

Thats the one i got from the verizon store. I dis notice the same glass cleaner i wipe my screens with makes the case "sticky" again.. Getting the film off from holding it

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site

Thats the one i got from the verizon store. I dis notice the same glass cleaner i wipe my screens with makes the case "sticky" again.. Getting the film off from holding it

Skin oils make it a bit slicker but of course cleaning it helps. :)

StormnNJ

Nov 1, 2014
Visit site

Going naked for now but need to get a screen prot for it. Store ran out of them Thursday night when I picked it up. Still have the protective film on it from box which looks awful with the writing on it.

Side note the rep didn't know or was playing stupid about the one-time replacement screen when he was trying to sell me insurance