DROID TURBO: Cases

Cajun_Mike

Sep 5, 2014
Visit site
Re: droid turbo cases?

I love the Diztronic case i have on my S3. It's been awesome. Very low profile... grippy, inexpensive price tag, looks nice and adds hardly any thickness to the phone. Many people like Tudia's cases but have said Diztronic's are better.

I'm waiting to see when Diztronic posts one also. For less than ten bucks i'll buy both.

Njbrandon

Nov 5, 2014
Visit site
I picked up the black incipio case at Verizon mixed emotions. I really just wanna run it naked?

Anyone else case it? If so what'd you snag

Posted via the Android Central App

I got the Incipio case but it has raised dots on the inner skin which left dimples in my ballistic nylon and slight fray marks.

1901Madison

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
I got the black Incipio case as well, and am loving it so far. I haven't noticed any dimples left in the ballistic nylon. The Incipio case certainly adds a bit of thickness, but I actually like the feel of the phone in my hand better with the Incipio case because it's easier to grip. Also, phones have gotten so tall and thin that it feels more natural and sturdy to have a little bit of bulkiness to the phone. The Incipio case certainly does not turn the phone into a brick, it just fits perfectly.

hal1

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
Re: droid turbo cases?

The tech21 has the both hole cut outs on the back

It has a silicone feel to it, like it grabs your fingers slightly. I found it to be a much more positive grip. I wanted to go w out a case, but i needed the extra grip.

I actually found the plain black one a little bit grippier, albeit not as nice looking.

camachinist

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site
Someone who's better than I am at identifying electronics parts like microphones might find this video to be helpful:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_AOQ6U2Zb0

In any event, it gives a good overview of what the 64GB unit looks like 'under the hood'. I recall watching a disassembly of a Note4 and the Moto product sure seems like a simpler and more robust build. I wouldn't be averse to replacing the battery in it, if needed.

I have an Otterbox Defender case on mine and will experiment with the video feature and see if there are any indications of a 'back' mic or problems with the case interfering with it. So far, what little I've done didn't indicate any problems. Good point though.

HES

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
Just be careful. The life proof reduces audio. I would guess by 75%. Several people have complained they can't hear me on a call and music is very muffled. I'm gonna keep it for work but I need a clip.

Thanks for the update. I'll use the LifeProof when camping / hunting / fishing / kayaking, etc... I'll get a Defender for worksite times and just use the simply Verizon case for everyday use. I'd love a Seidio Obex but I'd probably win the lottery before they made that case, let alone any one, for the Turbo.

rxgadget

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
After using the Tech 21 case from Verizon I am thinking of returning it. At $34 it is a little pricey. Also it adds a little much more to the width that I have problems holding the phone with my carpel tunnel syndrome.
I am hoping for a bumper more I guess. I would love to get a Seidio car with holster but again the added bulk makes it hard to hold workout giant hands

Sent using my Verizon Turbo charged 64GB Ballistic Nylon phone unfortunately with a case on back

bizzyqu

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
droid turbo is fitting perfect in my BlackBerry Z30 holster and pocket pouch. I'm holding off on getting a lifeproof until i see a video review or irl pictures of the case. (does anyone have the lifeproof?)

anon(1733)

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
I don't have a life proof but I read several complaints in it about muffled sound people are reporting. Of you get one let me know. I'm interested but not if it doesn't works.

beeztrain

Nov 5, 2014
Visit site
I don't have a life proof but I read several complaints in it about muffled sound people are reporting. Of you get one let me know. I'm interested but not if it doesn't works.

Just received it today. It is pretty muffled. Its just not a huge issue for me with my Bluetooth and the fact that I barely make calls. If you're on the phone a lot without a Bluetooth I would say stay away and possibly go with the otter box. There just isn't any opening around the phone speaker like on the iPhone cases. Why they did that I have no idea.

anon(1733)

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
Just received it today. It is pretty muffled. Its just not a huge issue for me with my Bluetooth and the fact that I barely make calls. If you're on the phone a lot without a Bluetooth I would say stay away and possibly go with the otter box. There just isn't any opening around the phone speaker like on the iPhone cases. Why they did that I have no idea.

Good info thanks.

1Coopgt

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site
Someone who's better than I am at identifying electronics parts like microphones might find this video to be helpful:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_AOQ6U2Zb0

In any event, it gives a good overview of what the 64GB unit looks like 'under the hood'. I recall watching a disassembly of a Note4 and the Moto product sure seems like a simpler and more robust build. I wouldn't be averse to replacing the battery in it, if needed.

I have an Otterbox Defender case on mine and will experiment with the video feature and see if there are any indications of a 'back' mic or problems with the case interfering with it. So far, what little I've done didn't indicate any problems. Good point though.

There are 3 microphones on the back . 2 at the base and 1 near the camera . Look at the Black and Red Kevlar versions . The microphone near the camera is there even on the Balistic nylon version just cant see it .

beeztrain

Nov 5, 2014
Visit site
There are 3 microphones on the back . 2 at the base and 1 near the camera . Look at the Black and Red Kevlar versions . The microphone near the camera is there even on the Balistic nylon version just cant see it .

Why does the life proof case have waterproof filters for all the microphone openings but nothing for the main speaker and phone speaker? The case just covers it up making already poor volumes downright awful. Poor design if you ask me.

Last edited:

mobrules

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
droid turbo is fitting perfect in my BlackBerry Z30 holster and pocket pouch. I'm holding off on getting a lifeproof until i see a video review or irl pictures of the case. (does anyone have the lifeproof?)

I have the lifeproof and I cant stand it. It really kills the sound for me by at least 50-75%. On a roadtrip without bluetooth today and tried using speaker. Promptly found a verizon store and now its in the otterbox defender. They told me I would be able to return it to the store I bought it from if I wanted to.

hal1

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
I need something really grippy. VZ has a Speck Candyshell Grip listed on their website as out of stock but coming soon.