DROID TURBO: Cases

bizzyqu

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I have the lifeproof and I cant stand it. It really kills the sound for me by at least 50-75%. On a roadtrip without bluetooth today and tried using speaker. Promptly found a verizon store and now its in the otterbox defender. They told me I would be able to return it to the store I bought it from if I wanted to.
is it bearable in short bursts? I would only use lifeproof like i use defender now which is just when im doing something outdoors, beach, boat etc. Or is the phone ruined?

mobrules

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
is it bearable in short bursts? I would only use lifeproof like i use defender now which is just when im doing something outdoors, beach, boat etc. Or is the phone ruined?

Not sure how the phone would get ruined. Phone is fine. I've used defender series in phones for about 7 years. Pretty rough on them at work. Took a chance on something different this time. The sound is just the deal breaker. Its a nice case though. I did like the feel of the case.

beeztrain

Nov 5, 2014
Visit site
Not sure how the phone would get ruined. Phone is fine. I've used defender series in phones for about 7 years. Pretty rough on them at work. Took a chance on something different this time. The sound is just the deal breaker. Its a nice case though. I did like the feel of the case.

The case feels and looks amazing. I can only imagine with the clear back that it would look awesome with the red turbo. But if you're on the phone a lot and don't use a Bluetooth I have a feeling you'll hate it.

Posted via the Android Central App

Deron Baker

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Just got the Tech21 Impact case. So far it seems pretty good. Made of TPU and a decent amount of grip. Although not as grippy as the Speck Candyshell Grip case, which I will also buy as soon as available.

bizzyqu

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

i meant ruined, as in unusable as a phone because of sound issues. It it just speaker phone or all calls, im just try to figure out the severity of the issue because I wouldn't have the case on 24/7, just in situations where it is needed.

HES

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
I have the lifeproof and I cant stand it. It really kills the sound for me by at least 50-75%. On a roadtrip without bluetooth today and tried using speaker. Promptly found a verizon store and now its in the otterbox defender. They told me I would be able to return it to the store I bought it from if I wanted to.

I got mine today. To be honest for what it does I can live with the reduced volume when I am in an environment that could possibly kill an unprotected phone. So like I said, I'll use it for hunting, fishing, kayaking, etc.. Now if only they had put a lanyard loop on the case so I could secure it. Now I need to find some sort of holster that will hold it. I may just wind up getting a military surplus radio pouch.

rxgadget

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
I got mine today. To be honest for what it does I can live with the reduced volume when I am in an environment that could possibly kill an unprotected phone. So like I said, I'll use it for hunting, fishing, kayaking, etc.. Now if only they had put a lanyard loop on the case so I could secure it. Now I need to find some sort of holster that will hold it. I may just wind up getting a military surplus radio pouch.
I would love a case with a holster. I hate keeping my phone in my pocket. Waiting on Seidio hoping for a Duke case with holster. I have used one for each of my 3 Blackberry, 1 Droid X & X2, HTC Incredible 2, and most currently Samsung Galaxy S3. Usually I get the extended battery with case and holster but with Turbo I don't think that will be possible.

Sent using my Verizon Turbo charged 64GB Ballistic Nylon phone unfortunately with a case on back

ryanr509

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
I bought the Verizon shell/holster combo. One of my favorite cases over the years. Slim and just enough protection for me. Kickstand is nice also. Don't use the holster much though

rxgadget

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
I bought the Verizon shell/holster combo. One of my favorite cases over the years. Slim and just enough protection for me. Kickstand is nice also. Don't use the holster much though
Does it for on the BN? back

Sent using my Verizon Turbo charged 64GB Ballistic Nylon phone unfortunately with a case on back

mobrules

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
i meant ruined, as in unusable as a phone because of sound issues. It it just speaker phone or all calls, im just try to figure out the severity of the issue because I wouldn't have the case on 24/7, just in situations where it is needed.
Its an awesome case for protection. I would feel safe dropping it off a 2 story roof onto concrete and the phone would be fine. Lack of a belt clip is a deal breaker. Need that. Yes IMO the phone is unusable as far as sound goes. Music, phone calls, all audio. It would be great if you need it and lived in Florida, California, or puerto rico and spent time at the ocean. I believe it is completely waterproof.

Bob Maida

Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
For my 64GB...am using Otterbox Commuter..Fits like a glove..does not muffle sound including video recording
PS what the OP said regarding charger and commuter case...**not true**..the cable fits into it just fine..no need
to sand anything..My suggestion is to bring the 'Lemon made' case back and exchange it for another made by
a more alert worker. PPS..I had the Lifeproof..returned it 'cause: 1. Muffled sound in coming and outgoing
2. Had to push buttons on bottom number oftimes before I got a response..Both problems not occuring with Commuter case

hal1

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
I would love a case with a holster. I hate keeping my phone in my pocket. Waiting on Seidio hoping for a Duke case with holster.

Try ordering the holster for the lg g3, either the one for the Surface or the dilex case. That phone is just a smidge larger than ours one of those cases should work and you can return the other.

Codger1212

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
I am waiting for the incipio feather to come out for the turbo. Had it with my maxx and loved it. It was almost like it wasn't there.

bizzyqu

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
So just tried on the lifeproof in store, seemed pretty solid and well built, called friend with it, heard him fine and he said he heard me fine...sooooooo. PSA though, Verizon wants 89 for the case, and you can get it from life proof for ten dollars less plus 25% off any other life proof product. Store refused to match manufacturer's price unfortunately, so I will be ordering from lifeproof.

HES

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
My evaluation of the Lifeproof. Awesome protection but for what it does to the south d it's going to be relegated to the beach or other water activities. Other than that for the camping and hunting and working at the job site it'll have to be an Otterbox Defender. As for a pouch for the life proof, just stop by any Army / Navy or Law Enforcement supply store and get a cell phone holster there.

benjamminh

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Don't count on Sedio unless the turbo comes to other carriers as well. They never did anything for the droid maxx. Speck candy shell is very nice for the maxx and I'm sure it probably will be for the turbo.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MickTavia